TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rest Of The Auto-Fill States!!

Go down

The Rest Of The Auto-Fill States!! Empty The Rest Of The Auto-Fill States!!

Post  Kalisiin Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:40 pm

I have just sent Markus the last of the Auto-Fill States. When he gets these live, we will have all fifty states, plus Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands - as live auto-fill maps.

A few notes:

North and South Dakota are on the same map, called "The Dakotas"

Puerto Rico uses a different font for most of the Municipalites, versus the font I used for the other State maps, because the map I used for Puerto Rico, and had to do a lot of refining on...already had the Municipalites labelled in this font - and, since it was a non-truetype font, I could use it. I had to replace it in a couple of the Municipalites.

Virgin Islands...is not quite geographically accurate, it is a very good representation, but not perfect. For one thing, I had nothing I could trace, and so had to draw this one freehand, using a map for reference. For another, I moved St. Croix much further north, and closer to St. Thomas and St. John than they appear in actuality. I did this in order to make it clear in the map, that they were part of the same state. If I had placed St. Croix geographically equivalent to where it actually is, in relation to the other two...it would have been way out on its own...the distance represented is about 1/4 the actual distance.

Enjoy them!!

Included in my last installment to Markus:

Alaska
Arkansas
The Dakotas
Hawaii
Minnesota
Oklahoma
Puerto Rico
Virgin Islands

We should now have auto-fill maps for 52 states/territories. Unfortunately, DC Zips was not possible - at least not without some massive reprogramming, but, should Markus ever choose to do it, he has the map.
Anyone who would like a copy of MY DC Zip map, which is done with a non-truetype font, so as to make coloring it in easier, and look better, please PM me, and I will happily send along a copy of my DCZip map which I made.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down