TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Carolina Latest Auto-Fill Map!!!

2 posters

Go down

North Carolina Latest Auto-Fill Map!!! Empty North Carolina Latest Auto-Fill Map!!!

Post  Kalisiin Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Friends,

I have managed to do the map and labelling...and Markus has done the programming...North Carolina auto-fill went live at 6PM this evening.

I am now working on Kentucky. After that comes Illinois.

After that, I'll take requests...first come, first serve!

Note: I do NOT have map outlines done yet for Alaska, Hawaii, Arkansas or Oklahoma - so those states will be much later.

It is my goal to have all 50 states available on auto-fill.

I am, as I write, working now on Kentucky.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Latest Auto-Fill Map!!! Empty Re: North Carolina Latest Auto-Fill Map!!!

Post  Kalisiin Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Kentucky has now been completed and sent to Markus for programming.

The next one that will be coming is Illinois.

After that, as I said, I am taking requests.

I currently do not have:
Puerto Rico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alaska, Hawaii, Virgin Islands

I have all other states. I even have a DC Zip Code Map.

One state which will not be done for quite some time is Virginia, because that one will take a LOT of work.

But all others, such as I have...can be done, once Illinois is done,

I noticed North Carolina on my site already, so it is up, live and working.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Latest Auto-Fill Map!!! Empty Re: North Carolina Latest Auto-Fill Map!!!

Post  dctim Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 am

Let me know how you are preparing the files. Nobody's gonna get VA Bingo (but I'd do it anyway), but I'd be willing to submit Maryland, Delaware and, even, my DC Zips map.

BTW, when does the NC map become live in our profiles? After our next hit? After our next NC hit? After we drill down into our Hits by State/NC links?
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:02 am

NC is already live on my profile!

Also have sent Kentucky and Illinois to Markus.

Since you mentioned them, and they are easy, I'll do next...

Maryland, DC Zips, and then Delaware.

I have those maps.

The hardest part of what I am doing right now...is drawing out the maps...because they have to be done in a very particular way for Markus's programming to work. That is why eventually, I'll have to complete what I started with Oklahoma, and get Arkansas, Hawaii, Alaska, VI, and PR. But, in the meantime, I have loads of states already drawn, that I need modify only very slightly before they can be brought on-line.

So I'm starting with those.

Incidentally, if there's a big cry for HI or VI...I could probably do those really pretty quick. The others mentioned will take a bit longer.

But - in the last couple days, for the first time in three years, we have had new states go live. Last night, NC. As soon as Markus does the programming on them...KY and IL. Those HAD to come before all others, since those are states I have lived in, and so am very interested in tracking.

Now that those are done, I am taking requests, first come, first serve...this is why Maryland, DC Zips and Delaware will be next.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:38 am

It's okay with me if you take MD, DE and/or DC. It's also okay if you unload them (and/or VA) on me. I'd need some ideas about what you did and how you did it prior to sending it over.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:29 pm

I figured out how to get the new maps to display:

Go to: My Reports/Edit Profile and click the Save button. Your Show Profile should include the new maps.

Kalisiin, if you don't mind, ask Markus if he can Alphabitize the state charts by State Name (or at least by the 2 character State abbr).
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:55 pm

I'll mention it to him when I drop him a completed Maryland later tonight.

Meanwhile, it does not matter to me, as I call for my states where I want them in my profile.  Have a look and you will see what I mean.

I have the states I have lived in up top, and other states below it.

I never lived in Delaware or New York, though...but they were needed to fill in space.

Also Tennessee should be one position down on my profile from where it currently is...I did that originally to size it against Kentucky.

Oh, and Tim...it's a complicated process, really...but I have a bunch of the maps already outlined as I need.

If you want, I'll PM you my email addy, and I can send you what I started on with Oklahoma, if you want to help...show you the tedious work that goes into it, lol!

BTW, IL and KY also went live now!

UPDATE: Maryland will be done in the morning.
I screwed up and used no gif-able colors and then saved...so I have to go back over my map...arrrrgh..
Well, we will have Maryland soon, then DC Zips and Delaware.

After that, the floor is open for requests.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down