TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing Catch-up with TrackDollar

+3
Jack002
Kalisiin
Darth Slurpee
7 posters

Go down

Playing Catch-up with TrackDollar Empty Playing Catch-up with TrackDollar

Post  Darth Slurpee Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 pm

TrackDollar users have long enjoyed access to drill-down capabilities in most user and site reports and a map for entries by county, which the other place has just recently added.

They've announced today their intent to add multi-entry capabilities to the mix. While they're working on that, I'll happily continue to use that existing capability here like I have been for over two years.  Very Happy Frankly, I wouldn't be able to do this hobby and contribute to the site the way I do without that multi-entry page, despite the effort by some to curtail access to it early on in my time here.

Since I'm a relative newcomer compared to many of you, do you want to add to the list of which TrackDollar features were introduced here first?
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Playing Catch-up with TrackDollar Empty Fortuitous Timing

Post  Darth Slurpee Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Ha! That post time was completely accidental.  Very Happy 
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Playing Catch-up with TrackDollar Empty Re: Playing Catch-up with TrackDollar

Post  Kalisiin Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Most everything you enjoy now...was here when I came on board four years ago.

A few wrinkles I added to the mix....every state now has an auto-fill map, back when I started, only twelve states were done.  I did the other 38.  Also did Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, but for some rason, Markus has not added them in yet.

Also, another innovation of mine was the ability to sort the User List by other indices than just TrackPoints...now you can sort bby Number of Hits, Number of Entries, etc...so that if you are interested in a particular stat, then you can see how you stack up against everyone else in that stat.

Another innovation of mine was the addition in your stats of

Number of times bills
Around the Earth
To the Moon
To Mars
To Venus
To Mercury
and To The Sun.

I got all the data and gave it over to Markus.

Originally, I also had
Number of times to Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto as well, but Markus decided to stay in the Inner Solar System.

Would be very cool if someone could get enough miles to get all the way out past Pluto, though!

(And I don't care what anyone says, PLUTO IS STILL A PLANET!!)
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 am

Love the multi entry page! You guys rock at this! Show the big boys how its done!

And yes, Pluto is still a planet to me.
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Me thinks the revenue stream will prevent that *other* place from implementing all the freebees we have here.

The "Show Profile", "My Top 10" and "Achievements" FREE pop-up links are a few of my favorite things next to the multi-entry page.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:34 am

Yeah multi entry is one of my favorite TD features.
It's especially good for sequential serials, which is what Hank is first considering it for.
Hank's concerned about a batch magnifying the scale of an entry error. I think a limit like 20 helps, though 25 would be better for half straps and quarter straps.
I'm broke and amongst other things I feel I can't spare as much money for Markus as I would like.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:59 am

I will stay here for most of my entries. the other place is too slow, has too many rules, censors your user notes, and not just the swears, won't even let you use the word God which is ironically on every ingle bill entered into the site minus edited ones that is. This site gives you free everything and the owner is way nicer. I use the other site occasionally but mostly to give hits. i do not have entries every month like I do here.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:00 am

Matt_How wrote:I will stay here for most of my entries. the other place is too slow, has too many rules, censors your user notes, and not just the swears, won't even let you use the word God which is ironically on every ingle bill entered into the site minus edited ones that is. This site gives you free everything and the owner is way nicer. I use the other site occasionally but mostly to give hits. i do not have entries every month like I do here.
You have beautifully stated pretty much all MY reasons for being here, too!

1. The other place is too slow
2. The other place has too many rules (some of which do not seem to apply to certain favored people, I might add)
3. User notes can and do get censored...try mentioning "trackdollar" on your WG bills...see how much luck you have with that!
4. This site, all the good features are free for users
5. Owner is WAY NICER...a hearty AMEN to that one...of course, Torquemada could be said to be nicer than that other guy...
5.5 Most of the USERS here are also way nicer...that other place has some truly nasty people on it (a few good ones, too, but seems
like a lot of "favored" people are allowed to be truly rotten and nasty to everyone else and they get away with it)
6. I use the other site for two reasons only:
a. To give other people hits
b. to enter the dogshit, ratty bills that are not worth entering at TD.

Just got Markus another $20 the other day, wish I could make it more...and more often, Markus is a truly wonderful guy who does this as a labor of love....it costs him time and money, yet ghe does it...and I'm pretty sure all our donations do not cover the costs!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:41 am

Ditto you and Matt. I love it here. Glad I came.  Laughing What a Face bounce 
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:56 pm

The fact you are willing post this goes a long way!! You are forgiven!!!
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:43 pm

ELECTRIC RED wrote:The fact you are willing post this goes a long way!! You are forgiven!!!

Exclamation  That wasn't Kalisiin. That was Kalisin.  Exclamation 
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:49 pm

LOL, damn I didn't even notice that!!! I should have known better!!!
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:53 pm

ELECTRIC RED wrote:snip I should have known better!!!

Indeed!  lol! 
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Playing Catch-up with TrackDollar Empty Inquiring Minds Want to Know (to confirm our suspicions)

Post  Darth Slurpee Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Markus, a $50 bill is in the mail to you if you'll post the IP address of Kalisin's message.  santa 
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Wow.

Nice to know someone like, has no life outside of to worry about what I write, say and think...and to try a flimsy attempt to put words into my mouth.

Nope...I meant everything I originally said about WG...and this flimsy attempt only serves to prove a lot of what I said about some users of that site.

All that said, even I conceded that WG uses a lot more bandwidth, and is therefore far more expensive, and that TD would have to do something about collecting monies if we were as big.

Still, though, I have an incredibly hard time believing that all the FOG money just goes to oay for bandwidth, hosting, and even staffing.

WG has about 50,000 active users.  If only TWO PERCENT of those are active FOG members, that comes to 1,000 times seven dollars a month....you do the math!!

I'm reasonably sure that far more than 2 percent are active FOG, and I'm reasonably sure that no amount of bandwidth and hosting could cost $7,000 a month.

That said...Hank came up with an idea, no one else ever did...and, if he makes a living off it - bully for him...that's what America is about, and it's what makes America great....that someone can come up with such an idea, and then capitalize on it.  I just am not under any illusions about it, that's all.

Markus does this as a labor of love, and at a cost to him in time and money.
Hank makes a living off WG.

My reasons for pointing this out is not to disparage Hank or WG...but hopefully to try to encourage others to donate a bit more to Markus to keep this site going. Another thing that makes America great is that monopolies tend to be forbidden. Some believe Hank should have the only game in town...and thus be the one and only sole person who can decide who gets to participate in this hobby, and who cannot.

Thus, I am very glad Markus and TD are around as a viable alternative.

I myself, recently sent Markus $20 - and wish it could be more...and more often.

This is the real K-A-L-I-S-I-I-N signing off.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 pm

ELECTRIC RED wrote:LOL, damn I didn't even notice that!!! I should have known better!!!

Think what you will of me...I do a lot for this site.
That oughta count for something.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 am

Darth Slurpee wrote:
ELECTRIC RED wrote:The fact you are willing post this goes a long way!! You are forgiven!!!

Exclamation  That wasn't Kalisiin. That was Kalisin.  Exclamation 

Troll posts have been and will be deleted.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down