TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New "Contest" Idea

3 posters

Go down

A New "Contest" Idea Empty A New "Contest" Idea

Post  Kalisiin Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:50 pm

My previous Yearlong contest backfired it's original intent...and I think it was because of the competition created - and the constant need to adjust weightings, because we did not have accurate figures to correctly "weight" this.

I have two different proposals for a Yearlong contest for next year. The original idea was to get people coming to the forums more, and maybe even attract some new users. The competition of the contest with a cash prize killed the good intentions.

This year, I propose, for 2012...a similar contest...except that there will be no standings...we will color in the map as we get the counties. One color for counties no matter WHO gets them. A different color for state Bingos when they are achieved.
ANYONE who is a registered TD user may participate, and there is no entry fee, no contest, no winners, no losers, no prizes. This way, hopefully, everyone just wins and has fun...which was the original point.

The OTHER idea I have is to start a thread on which people may choose to participate or not...and it will be how many totally new counties do you get in 2012? By this, I mean...a county you have NEVER GOTTEN BEFORE....got for the first time in 2012....not just "new for 2012" but new for you...and gotten in 2012.

Depending on the level of participation, I may even be willing to make and host maps for everyone.

Let's see what interest is out there for a cooperative venture...with no prizes, no competition....and a secondary one where you may post all your brand-new counties for the year.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

A New "Contest" Idea Empty Re: A New "Contest" Idea

Post  dctim Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Where do you intend to start your thread(s)?
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:18 pm

dctim wrote:Where do you intend to start your thread(s)?

It is started in the "other" forum, here

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:37 pm

I decided to put it in the "Other" forum...in order to totally make it clear this was NOT a contest. It is a cooperative effort for all who wish to participate.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down