TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG?

5 posters

Go down

TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG? Empty TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG?

Post  Darth Slurpee Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:13 pm

From no more credible source than the owner himself, check out post #7 in this thread at WG?:

"[I]f WG goes away, there's always TD"

Congratulations, Markus!

Wink 

Of course, I believe some people have already made that move.
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG? Empty Re: TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG?

Post  dctim Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Don't get too alarmed by some of the posts. And for goodness sake, DON'T start a flame war.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG? Empty Deletion Request

Post  Darth Slurpee Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:45 pm

If this is the type of thread that warrants a warning around here, please delete it.
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG? Empty Re: TrackDollar Officially Named Successor to WG?

Post  dctim Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:27 pm

I didn't mean the posts here, I meant the replies over *there*. Sorry to offend.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Well, I certainly won't be saying anything on WG Forums about it.

Seriously, Markus...what IS our current capacity? And are there any plans to spiff it up a bit?

I personally like our site here, but it DOES look a little antiquated in some areas.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:12 am

dctim wrote:Don't get too alarmed by some of the posts. And for goodness sake, DON'T start a flame war.

US start a flame war?  Are you SERIOUS??
THEY talk far more smack about US...than WE ever talked about THEM.

I'll just say this...TD will ALWAYS be better than WG for one main reason:  The man behind the curtain!

Markus rocks!

As for that other guy....well, let's just say neither of us would vote for the other to be Grand Marshall of the town's 4th of July parade and just leave it there.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:37 pm

I did respond to the thread over there (respectfully) I left them all speechless, not easy to do in the WG forums.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:45 am

Matt_How wrote:I did respond to the thread over there (respectfully) I left them all speechless, not easy to do in the WG forums.

I saw that.

I have, before, expressed my preference for TD over WG on their Forums. But because Hank hates me anyway, I have long since been banned from their Forums...while the antagonists get away with it. Which is one more reason why I prefer TD.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 am

Hello everybody,

as you remember I moved last year TD to a faster newer machine, more memory and more hard drive space.

Right now we are good for about 160 Million more bills and the server is prepared for about 256 user entering bills at the same time.

The old HTML style of the site:
I picked this design for a reason, as explained in other threads, the whole TD is running as one EXECUTE file written in a normal now 64 bit language, not in any known server script. Its just a normal exe file having port 80 open.

However the main reason for the HTML design with not more than a few JAVA scripts is that I wanted TD to be able to run on even the oldest machines and slowest internet, so that international hits in areas where still Windows XP with old browser is around work without any problem.

I don't really see reasons to change the layout, it might look old, but so is the design of the $1 bill, right ?

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Seems solid reasoning.

What would it take to increase our capacity?

And do YOU have any plans for a successor to TD?

By the way, if it isn't too personal, how old are you, Markus?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:17 pm

In order to increase capacity:

TD is running right now for about $1000 per year, you spend more you get more, its that easy.

So before we have to think about any monthly fee, or adds, or anything like that we first need about 320 times more user and bills to get this data modell to the limit.

I turned last week 48 ( 30 Hexadicmal, sounds better!).

And if I want to get rid of TD, well the server runs on any windows machine, even on your home computer as long as you have a business internet line, I am sure I will find somebody here who wants to take over TD.

So ask again in about 30 years ;-)

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Admin wrote:In order to increase capacity:

TD is running right now for about $1000 per year, you spend more you get more, its that easy.

So before we have to think about any monthly fee, or adds, or anything like that we first need about 320 times more user and bills to get this data modell to the limit.

I turned last week 48   ( 30 Hexadicmal, sounds better!).

And if I want to get rid of TD, well the server runs on any windows machine, even on your home computer as long as you have a business internet line, I am sure I will find somebody here who wants to take over TD.

Markus

Thanks for that info.
So what we need to know now...is what does it take to get us beyond that existing capacity.

And then implement that before it is actually needed.

And if that means doing ads or a monthly subscription fee, then that is what would have to be done, if we grew to that extent.

Also, it would be helpful to know if we all here are pulling our weight with regards that $1000 a year. It has been some time since I donated, because I prefer to do donations via Pay Pal, and you no longer have that capability.

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:08 am

Admin wrote:In order to increase capacity:

I turned last week 48   ( 30 Hexadicmal, sounds better!).

Markus

Sounds like alot of money to run. We need to send you more money to offset the cost. Hopefully you are not taking on too much of that yourself.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:47 am

Matt_How wrote:

Sounds like alot of money to run. We need to send you more money to offset the cost. Hopefully you are not taking on too much of that yourself.

Precisely. I just wish he still had PayPal - it made things a lot easier.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down