TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixing WG and TD marked bills

+3
Kalisiin
Diamondback Dave
Alan From Rochester
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mixing WG and TD marked bills - Page 2 Empty Re: Mixing WG and TD marked bills

Post  dctim Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:37 am

I support Rodney King - "can't we just get along?".

If not, posts will be deleted. Bitching and moaning will lead to more posts being deleted. I'll do it randomly like I used to do with previous troll-ish behavior.

Last warning. Period.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:14 pm

dctim wrote:I support Rodney King - "can't we just get along?".

If not, posts will be deleted. Bitching and moaning will lead to more posts being deleted. I'll do it randomly like I used to do with previous troll-ish behavior.

Last warning. Period.
Would be nice if we could get along.
And if certain people would not bait others, maybe we could.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 pm

A few days ago, 2 of my TD-marked WG-stealthed bills got WG hits. They were from an established Georger who probably saw markings and assumed they were WG. I WG anon emailed him about that with no reply.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:08 pm

I know I pay more attention to stats than some bill trackers do, and different stats than the other number nerds.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Alan From Rochester wrote:A few days ago, 2 of my TD-marked WG-stealthed bills got WG hits. They were from an established Georger who probably saw markings and assumed they were WG. I WG anon emailed him about that with no reply.

This backs up my premise that many TD bills are mistakenly entered at WG.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Hit percentages are only one stat. There are many different types of stats. The stat I am most proud of is my entry streak. 515 straight days and counting.
As I have said before, users can't control their hit rates. They can control other stats like the number of bills entered, entry streaks, number of states and counties bills have been entered in.
Different users have different goals, and hit rates are only one of those goal.

cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:48 am

cylon wrote:
Alan From Rochester wrote:A few days ago, 2 of my TD-marked WG-stealthed bills got WG hits. They were from an established Georger who probably saw markings and assumed they were WG. I WG anon emailed him about that with no reply.
This backs up my premise that many TD bills are mistakenly entered at WG.
No, it backs up MY premise, because it was an ESTABLISHED GEORGER who did it.
Probably a loyalist.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:33 pm

While I was at work last night a co-worker noticed the stamp on the bill I was feeding the vending machine and assumed it was a WG stamp. I really think that he would have taken the bill and entered it on WG without even looking at stamp to see what it says.
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:00 pm

thank you for supporting my argument.
TD bills are being entered into WG by accident.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:03 pm

cylon wrote:thank you for supporting my argument.
TD bills are being entered into WG by accident.
He supports your argument ONLY in order to be opposed to my position.  anything Red disagrees with me on needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  He disagrees with me solely in order to disagree with me.

I can tell you I have NEVER ONCE mistakenly entered a bill into the wrong site...not even when I have found off-brands like LeapingLoot.com or prizebills.com!

NEVER ONCE have I confused one of those bills for a WG or TD bill...NEVER ONCE!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:10 pm

All I am saying in this instance is that I believe that he would have entered it on WG without looking at the stamp to see what it says. All a WG loyalist is gonna do is enter it on WG and not TD. Either way it's happening.
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 pm

ELECTRIC RED wrote:All I am saying in this instance is that I believe that he would have entered it on WG without looking at the stamp to see what it says. All a WG loyalist is gonna do is enter it on WG and not TD. Either way it's happening.
Fair enough to say it's happening.
Honestly, it is hard to speculate on the why.
But I just can't swallow the whole "accident" thing. I just can't buy that. Just because WG is best-known, someone would just ASSUME and try there...without even looking at the stamp?? I cannot believe that.

Like I said, I have found stamps for leapingloot.com and prizebills.com - never tried to enter them accidentally on TD or WG.
I have also found bills stamped with "GAY MONEY" and also with various political sentiments...and, of course, the famous "I Grew Hemp" quote bubble.

For whatever reason, some are getting entered at WG - and we can't really speculate as to a reason, whether it is accidental or on purpose, since you don't know the intent of the user - unless they state it in their user note. I HAVE had, on rare occasions, a person enter a bill at TD...that was stamped for TD...and also enter at WG...and comment about WG in the TD user note section....but rarely if ever, have I seen the reverse happen.

This is what makes me believe the ones that get entered at WG only, even when marked for TD...are intentional.

Just recently, I sent 20 marked TD bills to a Georger...for a state counties map coloring book.
This person was EXPECTING WG bills. She asked why I had sent TD bills...and I told her that I had none of my own WG bills handy at the time, as I had just been at a trade gathering for WG...and certainly was not about to send her OTHER PEOPLE'S bills for the exotic NV hits..when I could send her mine...even if they were TD bills.

Point being...this person was EXPECTING WG's...and still noticed they were TD's.

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:46 am

Do as you wish. Counterproductive? Some people consider the whole tracking thing counterproductive. All I know is I like this site better than all the others although WG is certainly second best.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:40 am

Matt_How wrote:Do as you wish. Counterproductive? Some people consider the whole tracking thing counterproductive. All I know is I like this site better than all the others although WG is certainly second best.
I concur.
And a hobby SHOULD be counterproductive, LOL - I thought that was the point of a hobby. Why does someone need to be productive 24/7?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2