TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixing WG and TD marked bills

+3
Kalisiin
Diamondback Dave
Alan From Rochester
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mixing WG and TD marked bills Empty Mixing WG and TD marked bills

Post  Alan From Rochester Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:33 pm

I always mark bills with one site or the other, not both, if I mark the bill at all. However, I often have a mix of WG-marked and TD-marked bills at any particular time, and often circulate some of each in the same transaction. I often stealth the bill on the other site, which would help avoid confusion if someone hits it on the wrong site.
Does this help? Is it counterproductive? Does it at least not hurt each site separately?

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Mixing WG and TD marked bills Empty Re: Mixing WG and TD marked bills

Post  Diamondback Dave Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:29 pm

The way I currently mark bills is only with the TD stamp, unless the site is down when I am entering and will enter solely on the WG site using the WG stamp. When entering on both, I stealth enter the WG site and enter that I stamped it for TD. It works for me because some do not enter on both sites, and only on WG. Sometimes they notice the stamp after entering on WG and will enter it on TD with a note about the confusion...Very Happy 

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 am

I always intermix WG and TD bills. But never are the bills entered on both sites, not even as stealth. They are entered one site or the other, but the bills are intermixed.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Dave, I did pass on stealthing some TD bills once when the site was down. But that meant them being stealthed on only WG instead of both.

Kalisiin, I noticed that with the bills you sent me, and ended up entering them on both.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Alan From Rochester wrote:Dave, I did pass on stealthing some TD bills once when the site was down. But that meant them being stealthed on only WG instead of both.

Kalisiin, I noticed that with the bills you sent me, and ended up entering them on both.
So you noticed I mix them up...but also enter each on one site only.
I do not EVER do stealths, they screw your hit rate.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 pm

for a long time I only enter and marked wheresgeorge bills at wheregeorge and trackdollar marked bills at trackdollar, but about a month ago I setup a second account at wheresgeorge to enter my trackdollar bills. this was just a experiment to see if people where entering bills there by mistake. My trackdollar and wheresgeorge stamp's look a lot a like. The result is that four of the bills marked with only trackdollar where entered at wheresgeorge. I wonder how many people don't read the stamp and assume that the bill is wheresgeorge.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 am

cylon wrote:for a long time I only enter and marked wheresgeorge bills at wheregeorge and trackdollar marked bills at trackdollar, but about a month ago I setup a second account at wheresgeorge to enter my trackdollar bills. this was just a experiment to see if people where entering bills there by mistake. My trackdollar and wheresgeorge stamp's look a lot a like. The result is that four of the bills marked with only trackdollar where entered at wheresgeorge. I wonder how many people don't read the stamp and assume that the bill is wheresgeorge.
Or how many are WG? loyalists...see the TD stamp, and enter it only at George anyway.

I have seen it happen before.

When I first started with TD, I dual-marked bills. And a number of them were entered ONLY at WG?

My hit rates are comparable between my WG? and TD sites...so I REALLY do not think there is much issue with people MISTAKENLY entering TD bills at WG? I think it is normally intentional when it does happen.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 pm

I disagree. The first TD dollar I saw, I attempted to enter at wheresgeorge. It had a red circular stamp on the bill. I assumed it was wheresgeorge and never read it. It wasn't until it came up as not found did I reread the stamp. Wheresgeorge has been around a lot longer than TD and many people assume it is the only currency tracking site. The round stamp used by many of us could easily be mistaken for a wheresgeorge stamp. I must add just because WG has been around longer doesn't make it better, just better known.

My hit rate wheresgeorge is 12.47% vs 1.2% here.
I received 4 hits in the last month at wheresgeorge.com on trackdollar marked bills.
while only receiving 19 hits on trackdollars bills.
That means almost 20% of my trackdollar hits are going to wheresgeorge.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Well, I disagree with you.

My stats tell a different story than your stats. and you entered a pile of bills all at once here on TD, versus whatever you have done on WG?

When you have been here about three years, as I have...and about four on WG? you will probably see your stats reflecting something more like mine do.

Just because YOU didn't read and assumed...you assume everyone else does, too.
I also mark my bills in multiple places, not just once. It's pretty damn hard to mistake one of MY TD bills for a George bill and vice versa. Because the Georges get marked in the same style as my TD bills, which is to say, in more than one location on each bill.

Of course your hit rate here is low. You have not been here all that long, and you have entered about 8000 more bills here than I have - in spite of being here just over two years to my over three years.

Plus...when you first started TD...did you stealth a bunch of them? Did you handwrite a lot of them? when did you start STAMPING them?

I started stamping from the very first I joined TD. At WG? for about my first month, I handwrote. And never heard from a single one of those bills.

Seriously...if you take your stats...compare how many bills you entered here in how much time...versus how many bills in how much time at WG? - I suspect yo'd find your average per-day bill entry was much higher here than at WG...resulting in your lower hit rate here.

But I could be wrong, since I do not know your WG? stats. But from what I see of your TD stats, I can venture a few guesses as to why your hit rate here is so low.

My hit rates are comparable for WG? versus TD.
13.3 percent here versus 13.75 on WG

I have been on WG about six months longer than on TD.

However, I have over twice as many bills entered here as George...over 19,000 here - versus just over 9,700 on George.

I postulate you maybe stealthed/handwrote a lot of bills here...or you simply have not given your bills sufficient time to circulate here....or the fact that you have so many entered here in such a short time...relative to my own time here, for example...that your hit rate here is suffering as a result.

Another perfect example of this is Diamondback Dave. Look at his abysmal 3.2 percent hit rate. It is because he seems to enter a PILE of bills here.
On the other side...look at DCTim. He has been here about a year longer then me...and is my Track Dad. He has about half the bills entered here as I do...but a very respectable 12.9 percent hit rate.

I advance the hypothesis that your hit rate is low here because your rate of entry is so high.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 pm

I average, over my time here, 16.534 bills entered per day.

You, Cylon, average 32.941 bills entered per day.  Almost twice my level of entry.

That, alone, pulls down your hit rate...because...

I am averaging 2.19 hits per day
You are averaging 0.4047 hits per day.

I suspect your hits per day will go up somewhat over time, as you have been here longer. (and you have more bills out there...assuming, of course, that you don't have a huge pile of them stealthed)

But you also have, more than once mentioned stealthing bills here...and I think...as bad as it is for your hit rate to stealth on WG...it's even worse for your hit rate on TD.
Because WG has far more active users...they have at least 1000 times as many active users...your chances of a stealthed WG bills getting hit again on WG....is far far better than your chances of a stealthed TD bill.

Perfect example of this is EJKorvette.  He has entered over 12,000 bills, every one of them stealth.  Care to guess how many hits he has?

ZERO.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 am

It's not all hit rate or total "score".

If it isn't enjoyable, I doubt any of us would be into this hobby.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:22 pm

dctim wrote:It's not all hit rate or total "score".

If it isn't enjoyable, I doubt any of us would be into this hobby.
I agree. But I am using my stats, and examples of other people's stats, to make my case that "accidental" entering TD bills into WG? and not into TD...is far rarer than cylon would claim. I believe 90 percent at least...of TD bills that get entered only at WG...are DELIBERATELY entered on WG? only, by WG? loyalists. I don't think it is normally an accident.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 pm

I don't stealth bills here. I hand wrote for the first month while waiting for my stamp to arrive. The only bills I stealth on either site are my TD bills on my new George account. (This was a account I setup there just to see if my TD bills where getting hit there). I had two user notes that stated that the bill had been entered at WG first.

I agree that enjoyment of currency tracking is more important than hit rates. Some users get too wrapped up in hit rates.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:53 am

Currently I stealth on both sites, only because I enter the cash in our petty cash boxes when I pull the money from the bank or accept cash payments.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 am

cylon wrote:I don't stealth bills here. I hand wrote for the first month while waiting for my stamp to arrive. The only bills I stealth on either site are my TD bills on my new George account. (This was a account I setup there just to see if my TD bills where getting hit there). I had two user notes that stated that the bill had been entered at WG first.

I agree that enjoyment of currency tracking is more important than hit rates. Some users get too wrapped up in hit rates.
Well, isn't the POINT of this hobby to GET HITS?? Aka, a good hit rate? Or maybe I misunderstood?

This is one reason I have long been an advocate of changing our Trackpoints system here, since an entry should not count as much as a hit, but that is another argument for another thread. I have made my feelings very clear about that on multiple occasions. The points haven't changed. So I don't imagine they will.

No matter. I will be Number One in North Carolina. To hell with Pennsylvania.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Kalisiin wrote:Well, isn't the POINT of this hobby to GET HITS??  Aka, a good hit rate?  Or maybe I misunderstood?
That's only one point. Another is being first in your state.

Another is the various kinds of Bingos.

Another is to find out about places your bills have been that you never have (my "Z-hit" city).

Another is Zip Triping.

The list is not quite endless. Obviously, an excellant hit % will increase your total points. Kalisiin enjoys the second highest points boost on the site due to her 13.25 % hit rate. cylon's hit % is just 1.23 %, so he hardly gets a boost over his entered bills at all.

I personally don't have a problem with how other folks play this game. I'm here on TrackDollar because the rule system is a bit different than other places and it suits my style better.

If you are here for your reasons, that's a good thing. Everyone else is here for their's.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm

That is mainly why the majority of my tracking is here, too.  I don't appreciate some of the rules at WG?
I play by them, but I don't like them much.

I tend, these days, to use my WG? account to enter "crappies" and my "crispies" get entered here.
I do also hit other people's WG? bills, such as I find...and I respect the fact that they are WG? bills, and do not cross-enter or cross-mark them.

But yeah, I guess you got it figured Tim that I am sore about not being #1 in PA, because of the amount of points on an entry being so much higher than they are on WG?  THERE a hit counts far better than an entry.  As it should.  But, no matter.

I'll be  Number One in North Carolina soon enough, to hell with Pennsylvania.

I can't compete with someone who can enter thousands of bills a month.  If that's the way you wanna rack up TrackPoints, so be it.

I am Number Five, overall, in actual HITS.  And well in first place in PA in hits.

ANYONE can mindlessly enter bills and rack up a score.

Not likely I'll ever catch Tony or Darrell.
Red will probably eventually get ahead of me, too.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:39 pm

When I get stressed about my relative position, I look at the most widely known *alternate* scoring method.

I use the following columns in a spreadsheet tab I keep:

Column A
Sqrt(Nat Log(# of Entered Bills))

Column B
Nat Log(# of Hits + 1)

Column C
Add column A + B

Column D
1 - (# Days Inactive / 100)

Column E
Multiply column C * D

Column F -- the result
take the Maximum of ((column E * 100) AND Zero)
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Ummm....that formula did not appear too well here in the forum, the way that you posted it.

100* ( SQRT(LN(Bills Entered)) + LN(Hits + 1) ) * [1 - (Days of Inactivity / 100)]

This means...

100 times the square root of Natural Log (1.648721270560916) or 164.8721270560916 times bills entered

plus

Natural Log (2.718281828) times Hits plus 1

All of that now multiplied by

1 - Days of inactivity/100

So, for a zero inactivity person such as myself...that would be times .01

Therefore:

for me,
164.8721270560916 times 19,197 (my bills entered) = 31650.5022309579

PLUS

2.718281828 times 2549 (my hits plus one) = 7093.40379572

Total is - 38743.9060266779 then multiply by .01 = 387.439060266779
Which can't possibly freaking be right

So how the hell do you do the equation??

Now, I used a George Score Calculator I found on the Net...and it tells me that with my stats here, I'd have a 1098.39 score...which seems more like about right, seeing as my actual GS on the other site is about 1038.

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:29 pm

I got 1,098.3920 for you, FWIW. I may not have communicated the calc correctly, but whatever you found/used seems consistent with what I have.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 am

Well, it looks like you went back and tried to communicate the calc a little better, so maybe I had done it wrong before.

Anyway, your calc got the same result as the GS Calculator I found on the Net.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Pennsylvania says goodbye. I hope you enjoy North Carolina. I am sure you can be number one in a state where the current number one user only has twenty five points.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:45 pm

cylon wrote:Pennsylvania says goodbye. I hope you enjoy North Carolina. I am sure you can be number one in a state where the current number one user only has twenty five points.
as far as I'm concerned, you don't deserve it.

If you had about 1500 hits at LEAST, then maybe.

But with less than 350 hits, no, you don't deserve it.

Sitewide, I am number 5 in hits versus your 14.

Know exactly how it is you got it.  By running up the turnstyle.  Anyone could do that.
Takes no talent. Just a supply of bills to enter that probably aren't even yours.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:02 am

Kalisiin wrote:Know exactly how it is you got it.  By running up the turnstyle.  Anyone could do that.
Takes no talent.  Just a supply of bills to enter that probably aren't even yours.
It also takes no talent to received hits either. This is really a no talent hobby, just enter a some serial numbers, stamp a bill & hope that some one finds it and re-enters it. You can't possibly tell me that you have received most of your hits on talent alone? It also does not matter where he got the bills to enter. No one actually owns any of these bill, as the true owner is the U.S. Government. Cylon has done nothing wrong. He has taken the time to enter the bills he has entered, and has been awarded "track points" for his time and effort. Some of us have jobs & families, so finding time to enter bills can be a challenge. That is why you are awarded for entering them. I know where this is going to go from here, you are going to accuse me of hating you and ignoring you, and who knows what else. I have never said I have hated you, but I do choose to ignore you simply because I can. There is never any reasoning with you. Your right, & everyone else is wrong. The only reason why I'm acknowledging you now is to show my support for Cylon.

P.S. Please DO NOT P.M. me with stupid bull $hit about why I need to agree with you and how I hate you so much (which is not the case). Anything you want to say to me, you can say in front of the whole board.
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 am

Red, shut up.

If I were on the other side of this argument, you'd still take Cylon's side and you know it, because you have a vendetta against me.

There is a REASON that, on the other site, HITS count for more than ENTRIES. MUCH MORE.

We've had this argument enough times, you know I am right and won't admit it because you HAVE to be on the opposite side as me on everything, because of your insane hatred of me.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next