TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to get more user

+3
Diamondback Dave
Matt_How
Admin
7 posters

Go down

how to get more user Empty how to get more user

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am

Hi,

TrackDollar needs more user, especially commercial user would be nice.
How do we find users, what ideas do you guys have?
I entered a link for TrackDollar on many hobby sites, financial sites, wikipedia. I do have a license plate frame.
What else could be done?

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

how to get more user Empty Re: how to get more user

Post  Matt_How Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Short of messaging Crazy Georger on that other site and telling him about the multiple entry page it is hard to say. I suppose getting an interview about the site on even one of your local radio or T.V. channels would help a little. I know ways you could get the word out but ways that don't cost a lot of money are hard to come by. It might seem slow going but the site is growing. I wish I could open up a store of some kind right now and go through a thousand ones a week but it isn't going to happen. Other than that hope the right person gets a trackdollar bill. BTW is there a way I can adopt Diamondback Dave as my trackdollar parent? he told me about the site.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 am

Okay,

a few minutes ago I entered the first TrackDollar adoption Wink

Yes, if I could I would open a business too.

And yes, you are right, best way for new user is to find them by the dollar bills we are spreading. I am sure there are still enough people out there who would enjoy this hobby, but they just don't know about it, they will have to find a bill first.

Local Radio station, now that is a nice idea, lets see if I find anybody with contacts. Well I can't really invest money. I did the facebook site yesterday and I guess twitter is next.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 am

Well,

I found this ad made by TrackDollar user mythman

http://shetoldme.com/tag/TrackDollar.com

Now that is a good reason, never thought about the ONE LETTER LESS thing.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Admin wrote:Okay,

The only thing that would make that better is if you showed the bill that made them a child of the user. In an adoption case it would have to be (adopted)

I just thought it would be cool.

On another note if you do get on a radio show and the host mentions a more popular tracking site I hope you mention some of the reasons why trackdollar is better. The features for all members not just those paying $7.00 a month, more access to the site in more places (trackdollar is not blocked out in half the world), faster ways to enter bills (even one by one it is faster here. I have timed it.) Free speech is allowed here in the bill comments (WG blocks out reverent titles such as Lord and God along with any names of gods and that makes for some user notes that don't make sense) and best of all the site owner doesn't treat his users like secondary citizens. Some infamous quotes from that other site owner could be dug up I'm sure if not deleted already, many made to paid site members.

Last edited by Matt_How on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:37 am

Admin wrote:Okay,

Markus

I was wondering how that happened!... Very Happy

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Hey - I want to adopt Dave, too! That way Matt and I can be brothers! Smile
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm

thatguy wrote:Hey - I want to adopt Dave, too! That way Matt and I can be brothers! Smile
So you came here because Dave told you about it too huh? You may have told me that but I don't remember.

edit: I just looked at the join date. It looks like you joined before Dave.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:46 pm

Matt_How wrote:So you came here because Dave told you about it too huh? You may have told me that but I don't remember.

I joined the forums after Tim did, but I was on Trackdollar 1 day before he joined and had told him about it I believe the same day I joined.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Diamondback Dave wrote:
Matt_How wrote:So you came here because Dave told you about it too huh? You may have told me that but I don't remember.

I joined the forums after Tim did, but I was on Trackdollar 1 day before he joined and had told him about it I believe the same day I joined.
^^ Exactly ^^
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:45 pm

I was expecting to see the second adoption of the site by now. Sad

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:45 pm

Try getting the site listed in www.stumbleupon.com. That could get you a few more users.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi,

I am running in advertising for TrackDollar in Azeroth right now. LOL. okay not everybody knows where that is. It is in the World of Warcraft on the Game Server Zuluhed. lol

Yes, there is a famous hunter playing for the Alliance with the name TrackDollar and his pet has the name DotCom.

I got already many people checking out TrackDollar because they met me in an online game.
Just to let everybody know. lol

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kidgame2001 Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Sounds good. I myself would fall under the commercial user category. Granted, I don't enter many bills on TrackDollar (I do visit that other site too) but that can change easily. Anyways I work at the local grocery store in my town. I'm always looking for marked bills from any currency tracking site. I've found plenty from the other site, but none yet from TrackDollar. Hopefully some TD bills come my way soon. They'll definitely get entered if I find them!

kidgame2001
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 am

A Youtube video about trackdollar might help. I don't have the right equipment otherwise I would probably do one. Maybe even a video that compares the site with other tracking sites. If I did one I would focus on functionality and the visual aspects. Trackdollar is the best site visually. Where's George is the worst visually. I would also mention the freedom of speech aspect as well as how many areas are blocked from WG where Trackdollar is allowed.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

Hi,

now that is really a nice idea. I know there is some software out there producing a video from your desktop and whatever applications you run. All you need then is a microphon. I am going to research a little bit about that.

I am planing to get a few custom T-shirts done with the website name on it.
However, I guess I am sitting too much in front of the computer, so I don't think a lot of people would see me, lol.

Would anybody be interested to order a shirt, might be we get it cheaper if we order a higher amount.
I was thinking the gray color like the website frame or perhaps just black, and "www.TrackDollar.com" in white.
But what additional text would be good? Or does somebody have better design ideas?
Let us know.

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:41 pm

I would be interested in designing a T-shirt. I would do it pro bono or maybe in exchange for a lower price on a t-shirt. My design programs are on my e-mac. I am on a newer mini mac. I could however convert those to a usable PDF or image file although it would be a little bit lower quality than out of say a page layout program. You can get as little as one made up nowadays but might be able to get a better price on many. People would probably be interested but depending on the price. I would buy a trackdollar t-shirt if I liked the design and it was $10 now if was $30 I would say forget it. If were in between those prices i would think about it.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi,

What file format would you use for the T-Shirt Design?
I try to find a manufacturer right now who is able to print custom designs.

Thanks

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 am

Admin wrote:Hi,

What file format would you use for the T-Shirt Design?
I try to find a manufacturer right now who is able to print custom designs.

Thanks

Markus
I gave you a private e-mail about that

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  goldswimmerbj Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:21 pm

How about a free Iphone/Android app

goldswimmerbj
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:39 am

DCTim is the one who turned me on to this site. Been here over a year, never have found a single Wild TD, but have gotten near 1,000 of my own hits.

I like the TShirt idea, I have a neighbor that does embroidering and screen printing...she might be able to give you a decent price on the shirts.

As to a design...I had visions of a sort of Mount Rushmore...but with the faces of the currency people on it...Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson, Grant, and Franklin. Might need 2 mountains for all those faces.
But then a nice little banner underneath the faces, like the ribbon in the Great Seal of the United states...but the ribbon would say TrackDollar.

I have a dual-site website I use currently to track stats from both sites, although I have never quite yet gotten around to putting all th George pages up...tells you what I think, anyway...

But, the point is...I could use that site to help you advertise a bit...maybe add a page where a number of TD users say why they like TD over WG. Anyway, I'd sure like to see more users here at TD.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down