TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Quite New User...

Go down

Not Quite New User... Empty Not Quite New User...

Post  Kalisiin Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:32 pm

OK...I have been away for a very long time for a variety of reasons.

I no longer have the spare cash, is the biggest one...but also, my life has gotten REALLY weird.

Since I was last here on a regular basis...there has been the ongoing crapola in North Carolina...which, contrary to popular belief...is still not resolved, and, in many ways, all that happened was that they made matters worse, if that were possible.

So most of my spare energy has been going into fighting this ongoing injustice in North Carolina. To that end, I have managed too become the first openly-transgender elected Precinct Chair in Wake County history...one of only four openly trans people in NC history ever elected to the NCDP's State Executive Committee. I expect soon to also be elected to the Platform and Resolution Committee...which will give me some small voice in our arty's platform, so that perhaps our issues can finally be addressed and the ongoing injustice reversed. I am also now in the running to be a Delegate to the DNC in 2020 word is they want at least one trans Delegate from every state, and i have been asked by several powerful people in North Carolina to be our trans Delegate.

So...entering bills...just hasn't been something I have had a lot of time for lately. do intend to TRY to get back into this a bit, but for now my participation will be very sporadic...as I have much bigger fish to fry BUT...I am...in spite of all their best efforts...still alive and kicking....thought I would check in.

If I were not financially stuck here now, I'd likely move. but, since I am I am likely going to make another run at our State Legislature. Last year, I became the first openly-trans, publicly-declared candidate in NC state history....or herstory if you prefer, like I do. Last cycle, i did not file the papers, because I got gerrymandered out of my Districts in the redraw...and breaking the Supermajority was just too important...there were larger concerns...which no longer exist this time...so, though I may have to Primary one in my own Party, I am currently planning to file and run for 2020.

After that, no idea. But 2018...I took a step back and ran for Precinct Chair instead. And won. And just won re-election now thru 2021.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down