TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugestion Thread

+4
Matt_How
Diamondback Dave
Admin
dctim
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Sugestion Thread

Post  Admin Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Hello,

update is online since 7:00 pm.

Achievement List has now a Bill Entry Report and a Hit # Report for special Numbers.

I also added the EntryNum to the MyBill and AllBill Page.
Let me know if you guys like it. Was an easy change and this column get be removed easily if we think it is too confusing. However, I kind of like to see this column in the AllHits List.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Admin wrote:Okay,

a new version is up.

The Bill Summary report will show a ZIP Report now. I limited the Site Wide Report to at least 5 entered Bills or the list will be endless.

The Hit # will work as follows, since there can be more than one hit number on one bill:

if the end of your remark is Hit# the system will add the Hit Numbers to the remark of your bill whenever the hit is entered. This is from today on. Bills with older hits wont have this feature.

Markus
My Hit # seems to be off by one. I tried to correct it myself, but I think I messed it up worse than before.

I will check this thread before I go messing around anymore today.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Tim,

about 2 weeks ago I added one hit from the past for your account. It was one of the bills entered with another series before the series change function was added. You do have 141 hits right now.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 4 Empty South Carolina

Post  dctim Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 am

Markus,

Any chance you will be implementing a South Carolina map anytime soon?

Sure I only have 5 hits there, but they are all in different counties! Very Happy

No pressure on this, BTW.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 01, 2010 11:13 am

Hi,

SC map updated today. Should show up with the next automatic map update.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 am

Hi Markus!

Please include light brown in the list of colors for marking styles. Thanks.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 06, 2010 9:16 am

Hi,

brown (light)

is updated as new color.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 am

Admin wrote:Hi,

brown (light)

is updated as new color.

Markus

Hi Markus,

It only shows up as a selection on the bill entry screen. I need to have it updated for profile selection and change bill selection too please. Thanks!

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 14, 2010 9:10 am

Yes, true, I forgot to copy two more files to the server.

It is updated now. Please test.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Thu May 27, 2010 1:28 am

Hey Markus,

Just had a thought. For those of us who trade bills, is there a way you can do a program to where we can store them as "Favorites" (stealing phrase from WG) and be able to keep track of them?

I never did let you know that all the entry/change spots do show the light brown color. Thanks.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 27, 2010 9:11 am

trading bills:

I really don't like this poor solution do add bills to a Favorite Report, it is so far away from currency tracking, and this is what we are doing. Because whoever receives a traded bill, well this user really has this bill right now and the user should be allowed to add this bill to the own account at all time.

I also don't like what we have right now, (limit of 50 bills). Why stop currency tracking only because of a TrackPoints system with user ranking?

I prefer (but that is kind of a lot of work for me, but it is on my to do list) the following solution:
user A enters bill
user B enters bill from user A (the 1st 50 bills will add TrackPoints and Hit Points for User A)
after that, it will only show in the Bill Tracking Report, but it will not be counted in any reports
as hit, only User B will receive 1 point for entering this bill on the own account.
The hit notification for User A will explain that this is a ZERO TRACKPOINT HIT.
The internal bill hit counter per bill will not increase for user a
(see Bill Summary Report,TOP 10, # of hits)
User C enter a the bill in chain from User A and User B (now this is a hit with points for both)
both user (A,B) will receive a counter for 1st hit.

I just need to check how easy this solution will be and how many site effects will be created to existing reports.

It makes more sense to me to have all bills a user ever entered within the normal bill tracking report and just disconnect traded bills from all Top10, TrackPoints and Ranking Reports.

However, any other ideas? Please let me know.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Thu May 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Admin wrote:trading bills:

I really don't like this poor solution do add bills to a Favorite Report, it is so far away from currency tracking, and this is what we are doing. Because whoever receives a traded bill, well this user really has this bill right now and the user should be allowed to add this bill to the own account at all time.

I also don't like what we have right now, (limit of 50 bills). Why stop currency tracking only because of a TrackPoints system with user ranking?

I prefer (but that is kind of a lot of work for me, but it is on my to do list) the following solution:
user A enters bill
user B enters bill from user A (the 1st 50 bills will add TrackPoints and Hit Points for User A)
after that, it will only show in the Bill Tracking Report, but it will not be counted in any reports
as hit, only User B will receive 1 point for entering this bill on the own account.
The hit notification for User A will explain that this is a ZERO TRACKPOINT HIT.
The internal bill hit counter per bill will not increase for user a
(see Bill Summary Report,TOP 10, # of hits)
User C enter a the bill in chain from User A and User B (now this is a hit with points for both)
both user (A,B) will receive a counter for 1st hit.

I just need to check how easy this solution will be and how many site effects will be created to existing reports.

It makes more sense to me to have all bills a user ever entered within the normal bill tracking report and just disconnect traded bills from all Top10, TrackPoints and Ranking Reports.

However, any other ideas? Please let me know.

Markus
That is absolute genius! Another solution might be to limit it to say 20 a year rather than 50 for life. Just a thought.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu May 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Markus and Matt,

I really like your ideas. I have bills on hand from Markus, Tim, and Darrell. I'll be trading them to a coworker who lives on the west side of the valley (I live on the east side). That way they get spread out more. I have a lot of Darrell's bills that, as of right now, I can't enter because I've reached the 50 bill limit. I'd love to be able to enter those for the point, even if it doesn't count as a hit. And Darrell is in the same boat with my bills, reached the limit and unable to enter them. I would love to see the change.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Hello,

Matt, now to say 50 traded bills for the 1st year and 20 more traded bills for every year of active membership at TrackDollar, now that is a real easy solution to program. I like that, but disadvantage, you just cant enter the bills you are receiving and this thread started because Dave would like to see the Travel Report and get notifications when this bill is entered again.

Then again, you trade bill just to help each other to get bills to other location (that normally should be fun enough).
So perhaps we do not need to change something and just stop trading bills.... affraid

my solution has one disadvantage, TrackDollar opens the door to user to kind of share all bills and double the hit chance later.
e.g. user a and b are living in the same street, mondays user a and b both enter 500 bills, then they trade and enter the same bills tuesdays. later any hit of any of these bills will create a hit for both of them. so my 1st solution is not perfect yet for creating a fair ranking.

perhaps best is, that whoever enters more than 50 bills from another user will just receive nothing, no point, not hits later, all it will do is showing the entry in the bill tracking report and receiving email notification of the hit. And an entry over 50 bills will not count as a hit to the user who did the 1st entry of the bill.

User A enters a bill (1 point)
User B enters the bill, after hitting more than 50 (0 point for A, 0 hit for A, 1 point for B)
a guest enters the same bill (1 hit for A, 1.x point for A, user B gets email notification and shows up in the tracking report)

This might be a very fair solution especially compared to user who live in Alaska and have no neighbor to trade with !!!

you guys see, before I start programming this one I/We have to think a lot about the best solution. So that TrackDollar is still working perfect even when 60000 users are online cheers

I will need more ideas and more input, and perhaps to just sign up to email notifications for this bill will be another good solution and not show up at all in the bill report

I will need more ideas and input, which solution is the best?

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu May 27, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm ok with it not giving points once the bill limit has been reached. I like to be able to see that, when I get a hit, this was one of the bills I traded with another user. I really enjoy seeing where the bills have been and who has had them. Also, I don't mind entering bills, and not getting points for them, that I've traded with another user. I know they're doing the same for me. It helps to spread our bills around more, and hopefully get hits in new locations.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Okay, this might be controversial, but here goes ...

Here is the current policy:

Track Points
a) 1 Point for every entered bill (I have 2,307)
b) 1 Point for every hit PLUS 1/5th of your hit percentage (181 Total Hits - contributes 388.97 to my Point total)
c) When you try to give a 51st Hit to someone else, you are not even allowed to Enter it.

My proposal:

Track Points
a) 1 Point for every entered bill
b) 1 Point for every hit PLUS 1/5th of your hit percentage
c) When you try to give a 51st Hit to someone else, a DEDUCTION to the result of the above would be applied.

Example: Assuming I have already given Markus 50 Hits ..

a) 1 Point for every entered bill - I still get 1 point here.
b) Assume a 10 % Hit rate, Markus would "normally" get 1.02 added to their total.
On the 51st Hit DEDUCTING [51 divided by 50], or MINUS 1.02 for a total of ZERO would be added to Markus' point total
On the 52nd and higher the Hit Bill, Marcus's point total would acrually be GOING DOWN
By the 100th Hit I give MarKus, I have completely erased ANY Point benefit he got from Entering the bill.
Of course, it gets worse for Markus for evey Hit I give him after the 50th.

The Benefit -

We all get to Enter and Hit as many of each others bills as we want to.

The Drawback -

Someone could potentially monkey with someone else's Track Points by hitting loads of bills and making their points GO DOWN.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi,

now this thread is getting really good.

The approach to only deal with the TrackPoints would make my life really easy. That would be a change in software without creating big side effects on the report.

The only thing missing here is that all these traded bills will still show up in the Top 10 or Summary Report as 2 hitter, 3 hitter and so on, so a bill trader has some advantage over a non bill trader. but, hey, we all want to have fun, and bill trading is social and fun too. hehehe

So I like this idea, because it will be less programming work so I will have more time to enter bills before May 31st :-)
If we allow the 1st entry user to go minus on this bill, lets see, perhaps we find something better (who likes to go MINUS, lol)

thanks for the good idea

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu May 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Let me make sure I have this straight. The first 50 bills entered for another user would count just like they do now. Bills 51-100 would, in effect, nullify the first 50 bills, and additional bills entered for that same user would cause them to lose more than they gained. Is that correct?

If so, count me in. It does away with any point advantage trading would do, but still allows us to trade and spread our bills out to areas we wouldn't or couldn't do on our own. And if it's easier for you Markus, that's a bonus. Maybe we can still reach a new high for bills in a month.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Hello,

I start programming right now, I picked up Tims idea, however after 100 bills I am going to completely zero it for all involved user. Meaning user A gets nothing, and User B does not even get the 1 point for entering the bill anymore.
I added this rule kind of as a "The Barron" rule, just to be safe against somebody messing with out database.
Somebody might create 3 accounts and just drive us crazy with trading bills, letting 2 accounts go minus, one account goes up, and every hit will be always a 4 hitter in the system showing up in the Top 10.

@Dave @Tony: Give me a little bit to test all that before I update, but I guess you will be able to enter those traded bills soon.

Also I am thinking of limiting the total amount of traded bills (kind of Matt's idea) by an amount like 2 bills per every day being a member of TrackDollar.

That would limit "The Barron" who is only 2 weeks a member to total of 24 bills trading with any user.
A user with us for a year has more than 700 bills to trade.

However, I start programming tonight, lets see what all is possible.
Thanks for all the nice ideas

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Thu May 27, 2010 9:05 pm

I still have the taste of natural circulation, so trading and hitting each others bills is strange and foreign to me. I guess I can hang with it, but all I am interested in is "watching" the other persons bills. If it requires me entering them in the system as a hit, so be it. As for track points, not a priority for tracking in my book. At one time in my tracking "career", it mattered. Not anymore, where hit makes more difference to me. Especially since I do not get the hits most people do because I don't mark the bills extensively.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 28, 2010 9:39 am

Okay,

a new version is up. No limits on bill trading at all.
1-50 hits you get normal points
50-100 you get 0 points
100... you go minus, you will only benefit from this bill after getting one hit

Please test and lets watch for a while how this is going. I kept the old version, so if we realize that "just sign up for email notification" without being member of the bill tracking report is better, then this should be an easy change too.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 am

Markus,

Now that the new bill trading policy is in place and the program is up and running, I had a couple of questions: Will there be a warning when the 100th bill is entered or as the 101st bill is entered? Will a warning appear when the 50th bill is entered telling of the difference in points gained?

Thanks, Markus

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 pm

Tony,

a warning while entering bills would make the site too slow, especially when soon 500 user do entries at the same time.

However, I am working right now on a new report, called "User Connections"

It will be a report showing all connections a TrackDollar user has with other registered users.

idea is like:
TrackDollar User Connections for: Markus
user,signed up,last login,home location,bills entered,#bills you hit for user, #bills user hit for you
Total

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Sweet. With all the tables, charts, and stats, Sara will never get me away from the computer.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 4 Empty Idea for forum organization

Post  sends2aaron Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Since we now have "TrackDollar Gallery", I was wondering what you thought about getting rid of the "How Do You Mark Your Bills" category, since those photos can be placed into the gallery?

Also, I think it would be really nice to create a category called "Trackdollar Contests" so that we can organize all of them in one spot.

What are your opinions?
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next