TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugestion Thread

+4
Matt_How
Diamondback Dave
Admin
dctim
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sugestion Thread

Post  Matt_How Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 pm

I love the multi bill entry feature. However I do not always have say 20 sequential bills. In fact I have not so far. Sometimes in change I might get say 2-4 sequential singles. I want to enter them all fast but there is no reason to autofill 20 of them so I still wind up entering one by one. It is a good idea that it is set at 20 for a default but it would be nice to be able to set it at will to the number I actually have so it would be customized for whatever type of thing I am entering. I am not sure if it can be done or Markus wants it done but I thought it would be cool.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 3 Empty Bill Entry Page

Post  Admin Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:07 am

Hello,

nice idea and easy to add. So the new bill entry page has buttons to copy the next number from the prior entry. You can click with the mouse or you can go through the entry fields with the TAB key and hit SPACE when the NEXT button has focus.

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm

So, this achievement link is wonderful! OK, so, from threads I started at the other site, and this one as well, I have a couple of requests for this. One, can you had first hit in ZIP codes as well? I actually have started a random ZIP code thing in a forum where I post a ZIP and wait for the posts. I do this with counties as well. I might start that here when the website has more data and users entering bills. Anyway, that would be wonderful for those who track ZIP's as well.

Also, just to be a bigger pain, how about a yearly report? Basically, every year shows the first county, ZIP, state, and even hit, for that year. Maybe, in parenthesis, a running total? So, the first year you just have the seperate number, then subsequent years a running total next to the yearly number.

How bad do ya wanna slap me now?... Very Happy

EDIT...OMG! I thought of other things as well, 1st hits on block letters, 1st hits on series years, even 1st hits on denomination/series combos....

Why do I feel this hand reaching from San Antonio...?

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Hey,

I just finished the ZIP Code and Year Filter without having any violent feelings.. lol

and then when I want to show off here how fast I am able to program. What do I read !!!??

More ideas! Anyway, it takes a lot more to bring the hand from San Antonio on the way.

More changes may be tomorrow.

cu
Markus alias The Thundering Hand from San Antonio
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 3 Empty bill Search by marking style

Post  Crispy Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 am

Hello,

Just been checking out the site.

Haven't tracked bills for close to a year now since WG changed the bill note rules. Took about 50% of the fun out of it for me.

Anyway,
Is there anyway to get statistics based on marking style? If you can create some type of feature that allows me to calculate my hit rate per marking style, and I'm sure I'd get back into it. Otherwise too much manual effort to track myself. With the current marking style selection looks like I'd be able to track around 255 different styles. I was tracking around 60-70 marking styles on WG in the past.

Thanks,
Crispy

Crispy
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 am

Hi,

very nice idea. I am going to program a few reports this weekend.

Should be not too hard to do. Most likely I will add a link to the report into the Bill Summary Reports, so that we can see the user report and the site wide report.
Hopefully it will make you entering 10000 new bills into TrackDollar. lol

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 am

Okay,

I did like the idea a lot. So it took me only 30 minutes to program this new report.
Check the Bill Summary Report. Last Report is now a Marking Style Detail Report.

if you still see the old version of the report, well enter at least one new bill and the new report should show up.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crispy Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

Sweet, thanks!

Looks good so far, guess I'll just have to get busy this weekend Smile

--Crispy

Crispy
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:22 am

The left side of the home page is starting to look cluttered in a visual sense. Mostly with interesting but non essential stats. It would be nice to be able to open and close the list in both the box for user stats and the box for state wide stats and be able to keep it either open or closed depending on the user's preference. I was thinking something similar to how files are arranged in Mac OSX. A little arrow opens and closes the list. I am not certain how closely the idea can be borrowed though. I am not sure if Apple computers has legal rights to the idea and I am not sure how to find out. If Markus likes the idea, and it is O.K. on the legality side of things I feel it would benefit the site in a monetary way as well because both the "help trackdollar" and "google ads would be easier to see.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Yes,

I realized also that the menu is way to loaded now. I am preparing a java script popup menu right now, should be ready to go by tonight.

The menu on the left should be cleaner and easier to navigate.

The stats I am going to put in a popup too, except for the total bills and total amount, I think this one everybody should always see. The Hits stats and recent hits will be in a popup showing while mouse over.

I am going to test this update on two different mobile browsers to make sure that phone user can still enter bills.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 pm

That was not exactly what I had in mind but I think it is better than what I had in mind. I wonder though if help should be changed to help/other or help/more or something like that. A new user might not know where to find the forums otherwise. It looks really good now though.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 pm

The new menus are a nice touch Smile It did take me a moment to figure out how to get to the forums though

Admin wrote:Yes,

I realized also that the menu is way to loaded now. I am preparing a java script popup menu right now, should be ready to go by tonight.

The menu on the left should be cleaner and easier to navigate.

The stats I am going to put in a popup too, except for the total bills and total amount, I think this one everybody should always see. The Hits stats and recent hits will be in a popup showing while mouse over.

I am going to test this update on two different mobile browsers to make sure that phone user can still enter bills.

Markus
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:40 pm

True,

changed wording in the menu.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:05 pm

It looks great. In my opinion you now not only have the best dollar tracking site functionally on the web but also the best visually. I only know of three sites currently active, there could be more. Visually speaking here is, in my opinion, how the three most popular U.S. dollar tracking sites rank.
1. trackdollar.com
2. trackmycash.com
3. wheresgeorge.com

Rank in functionality

1. trackdollar.com
2. wheresgeorge.com
3. trackmycash.com

Rank in number of bills entered (current fact not my opinion)

1. wheresgeorge.com
2. trackmycash.com
3. trackdollar.com

We should pass up trackmycash within a year.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 3 Empty Editing marking techniques

Post  sends2aaron Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Markus,

I was wondering what you think about this: Right now, in order to change our bill marking method, it is necessary to go into "Edit Profile". However, there may be times when we want to change it but only for a couple of bills. I was thinking that on the single bill entry page, you might be able to include the ability to change the marking method for individual bills as we enter them? Perhaps using pull-down menus that automatically default to whatever setting we've chosen in "Edit Profile"?

Hope I've done a good enough job at explaining my idea
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Nice idea,

I am programming this right now and updating later to night.

What will happen is, that registered user will have the default marking style on the bill entry page and multi page. If you change the marking style during the bill entry it will stay on the new style during this active session or until changed again. If you login again later it will go back to your saved marking style like saved in your profile.

That means the change of styles during bill entry will not change the profile values unless you go into your profile page and click save while the marking style was changed during the session.

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Cool! Thanks Smile I stamp the majority of my bills, but sometimes if I am on the road I will either handwrite or send them out unmarked

Admin wrote:Nice idea,

I am programming this right now and updating later to night.

What will happen is, that registered user will have the default marking style on the bill entry page and multi page. If you change the marking style during the bill entry it will stay on the new style during this active session or until changed again. If you login again later it will go back to your saved marking style like saved in your profile.

That means the change of styles during bill entry will not change the profile values unless you go into your profile page and click save while the marking style was changed during the session.

cu

Markus
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 3 Empty Bill counts for "children"?

Post  sends2aaron Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Another idea that I think you might like:

Under "My Reports" > "My Family Tree", I think it would be neat if beside each person's name we could see the number of unique bills that they have entered. You might decide to put this information in parentheses.

Or better yet, maybe you could list our "children" in table format with columns for "Date of Sign-up" / "Name" / "# Unique Bills", with the ability to sort by any one of those three (in either ascending or descending order).

Your TrackDollar Children
Join Date (YYYY-MM-DD)Username# of Unique Bills
2010-02-10
Bob
2009-10-23
John
2010-01-11
Joe
2008-11-29
Heinrich

What's your opinion on this?
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Check the newest update,

the family tree is changed, and the marking style entry during bill entry is online.

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Looks great Smile Thanks!

Admin wrote:Check the newest update,

the family tree is changed, and the marking style entry during bill entry is online.

cu

Markus
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 3 Empty Tab sequence, multi-bill entry

Post  sends2aaron Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Markus,

At present, when on the multi-bill entry page, it is necessary to press TAB four times to get to the next serial box. This may not seem like much to worry about, but when entering 1000+ bills in one sitting it adds on unnecessary time and greatly decreases my efficiency. I've also found that when I am trying to move too quickly I have a tendency to hit TAB one too many times, which can be frustrating to me :-/

Here's what I'm proposing: would you be able to include a checkboxes or toggle switched that say something like "Lock denomination and series" and "Disable 'next'" 

When the user checks both these boxes, all combo boxes are disabled and "TAB" moves directly from one serial entry to the other. One tap
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi,

very nice idea. Please check the update. I did not add an UNLOCK button, since a refresh or just a click on the Bill Entry Page Menu will do the same.

Please test and let me know how it works. I kept the old version for backup.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks, this is perfect! This will help save a lot of time once the series copy is fixed Smile

Admin wrote:Hi,

very nice idea. Please check the update. I did not add an UNLOCK button, since a refresh or just a click on the Bill Entry Page Menu will do the same.

Please test and let me know how it works. I kept the old version for backup.

Markus
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 3 Empty Entry #'s

Post  sends2aaron Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:43 am

Markus,

I think a nice feature to add to My Reports > My Bills would be a separate column containing the entry number for each bill. In order to avoid increasing the width of that table too much, you could use a simple "#" or perhaps "Bill #" for the column header.

What do you think?

The reason I am suggesting this is because I'd like to type a section in my profile that lists significant milestones and when I achieved them:

- 1,000 bills entered
- 5,000 bills entered
- 10,000, and so on...
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:51 am

Yes,

nice idea. The 'All Bills' Report is however pretty crowded with data already.

I think it would make more sense to add this to the Achievement Report. Then a TrackDollar user does not need to run through all the pages to find the date of Entry 5000 when 10000 bills are entered already.

Let me see what is easier to program.
For the Achievement Report I would think to add an Achievement Line for Entry and/or hits:
100,500,1000,5000,10000,25000,50000,100000,250000,500000,1000000 :-)

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next