TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugestion Thread

+4
Matt_How
Diamondback Dave
Admin
dctim
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Sugestion Thread

Post  Admin Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi Aaron,

nice idea, I did create already the topic "TrackDollar Contests" in the forum.

I prefer to keep the "How do you mark your bills" for one reason.
There are new user something not knowing at all about marking bills. I still see in the reference files of the server log that some new user sign up with TrackDollar by a google or yahoo search and not by finding a marked bill from another user.

Thanks for the idea

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Aaron,

nice idea, I did create already the topic "TrackDollar Contests" in the forum.

I prefer to keep the "How do you mark your bills" for one reason.
There are new user something not knowing at all about marking bills. I still see in the reference files of the server log that some new user sign up with TrackDollar by a google or yahoo search and not by finding a marked bill from another user.

Thanks for the idea

Markus

Markus,

good point about the bill marking section. There are probably people, new to this hobby, that aren't aware of the fact that you can order custom made stamps just for this purpose
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 5 Empty Minor suggestion

Post  sends2aaron Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:55 am

Would it be possible to set this so that when we choose "Not Marked" the other two combo boxes are either disabled, or switched to "Not Marked" automatically?
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Is it possible to get a block feature on the forums. people have the right to say what they want but it is nice to be able to block them if they annoy you.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Matt_How wrote:Is it possible to get a block feature on the forums. people have the right to say what they want but it is nice to be able to block them if they annoy you.

This is a free forum service, not one that Markus has programmed himself. So my guess is that the answer is "no".
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:32 am

Matt_How wrote:Is it possible to get a block feature on the forums. people have the right to say what they want but it is nice to be able to block them if they annoy you.

AMEN!!!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:15 pm

I have a new idea ... is it possible to format the $entry$ tag so that it shows commas on the user note in the appropriate place? (ie: 1,000 or 1,000,000)
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi,

I installed an update today.

$entry$ is changed, also a new graph and a site wide user profile.
Check change log for details.

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 am

I have a small suggestion. It doesn't matter as much if "Part B" of it isn't done, as I have my own way of making Part B happen on my own profile, you can see it for yourself.

But, my suggestion is in two parts, and Part A would be very nice to have.

Part A
For the purposes of the State county maps...you should be able to designate your home state...and have different color code breakoff points for your home state, since you will undoubtedly get far more in your home state than in any other state (example, I might want PA colors to have cutoff points at 10, 20, 50, and 100) because that makes sense for PA, for me...but have cutoffs of 2, 5, 10, and 20 for other states, because they don't get as many hits as my home state does for me.) The reason this is good is, otherwise, your home state will soon all be the same color (max cutoff) or all your other states will never achieve the max color.

Part B
You should be able to choose WHICH states you want shown in your profile, and in what order...and also your home state should be bigger than the others. as you can see, I have managed to do this in my own profile...see above my National County Map...versus below it, and you will see what I mean. I like what's ABOVE it better. I'm only keeping what's below it, because I do not know what all states have yet been programmed, and which ones haven't.

Eventually, when all the states that are important to me, and that I WANT to track...are in...then I will just have them as I do up top of my national county map, and just check the "hide" box on my profile to get rid of what's below.

For now, as you can see in my profile, PA is on TOP, and biggest...as it is my home state. Next pane has NJ and NY, smaller, and side-by-side. I used NY there not because I necessarily wanted to track that...but so as to show an idea of what I am looking for would look like.

Actually, for me, the states I TRULY want to track are PA, NJ, TX, KY, IL, and FL. Those are the states in which I have lived during my life, and so, are naturally more interesting to me to track. I'll probably keep NY in there, so that I can have even panels, - two states in each panel below the PA panel.

Anyways, I hope this is not too wordy or too difficult to follow what I am actually suggesting here...if it could be done. Like I said, Part B is not as important, since I can manage that look for myself. anyone else who wants to copy that look, contact me and I will help you with the HTML to make yours look as you might wish it to.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:01 pm

*looks at Kalisiin's profile*

Oh, I see what you've done. The panels for NJ and NY are pretty interesting and I see how they repeat further down your profile page.

I went with what I consider a simpler approach. I saved the graphic files for VA and MD from that WikiBingo place that many people *over there* use. I then open the dumb MicroSplat Paintbrush to paint in counties as I get them and save the files as PNGs and JPEGs. I then delete the older copies I have stored in Photobucket and load the new versions for TrackDollar to pick up.

The DC map I have I created from a different resource I found online. The Zip Code divisions are as close as I could make them to where they really are.

VA, MD and DC are simple <a href= links to Photobucket with <br> and <p> tags between them.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Yes, Tim, that is one way to do it, but it involves doing the work yourself instead of having the site do it for you...and you also have to find a place, like photobucket...to host your pics.

The way I did MINE...
Trackdollar is hosting those pictures...and updating them as it happens.
I just re-sized them for my own purposes, and used code to designate what order I wanted them to appear in.

This way, the site still keeps track of the hits, and colors accordingly, AND it hosts the pix. All I did was to re-size them (you need a bit a math skill to do it right so that they do not appear stretched) and put them so that they would show up side-by-side instead of stacking.

One other thing I did was to carefully choose my total width. If I was to hide the county maps in my profile with the checkbox, you would see that my profile now becomes nice and neat, no need to scroll side-to-side to see everything. Most folks don't mind scrolling up and down, because of the nice little mouse wheel...but most folks I know HATE scrolling side-to-side. I know I do, anyway.

Anyway, like I said...Part B isn't as important or desirable, since I can achieve that on my own with code. but Part A...allowing you to desgnate your home state...and having different cutoffs for the colors, for your home state...now THAT would be really nice to have! I like lots of colors...and it occurs to me that unless you have a different set of cutoffs, what will happen eventually is either all your other states will show basically the same color, because they can't achieve the high levels your home state does....OR your home state will soon all be the same color (max cutoff) because you tend to get severely disproportionately more in your home state than in any other.

Just as an example, I have over 30 in PA out of 50 total hits...my next highest state has only 5 hits. Look at my state hit pie chart to see what I mean about disproportional.

I just think you should be able to have different cutoffs for your home state...because you will undoubtedly get more hits there than anywhere else. I like things to be colorful!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 5 Empty Another suggestion

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:23 pm

How about the City, State and County of hits show up in the subject Line of email notifications, and also in text messages on the phone, so we can immediately see where we have gotten hits?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Admin wrote:Hi,

thanks for this sugestion. I am going to change the HTML code with the next update tonight.

The Entry Routine will recognize the Series on most of the series on $5,$10,$20,$50,$100 after 1990.

thanks again

Markus

Don't you mean 1996? 1990 was when the security strip was finally added, a long overdue addition even for that time. 1996 was the introduction of big heads.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Sugestion Thread - Page 5 Empty Here's another suggestion ...

Post  dctim Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:02 am

Here's another suggestion ...

Can you sort the "Hits by county" tables Descending by "hits total" and then Ascending by county name?

This is not a huge priority for me, but it would be nice to have.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:34 am

Here be another suggestion, not critical, but nice to have...

Have the serial number (with the removed characters, of course) come up on the cell-phone text notifications, like it does in the email notifications, if you hover over the subject line, you can see that...but on the cell phone, you don't get that, so you don't know what FRB/Block you got a hit for, from the text message.

Also, would be nice to include the county name in both the email message so that you could see that if you hover over the subject line on your email...have it show city, state and county...and also have the county info show on cell text notifications.

Like I said, not critical, but very nice to have.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:40 am

Also, one other thing...
Well, possibly two...

Would like to see the other state maps get programmed in...that way everyone will have their home state available to them!!

Also...if possible, would be nice to have the things that you currently can get as a bar graph, like FRB hits, etc...available as a pie chart instead...user selects which they want.

I know, I'm creating a lot of work.

But, once you get that PayPal button in, I'll be sending some dough your way.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi,

okay, the "Donate" button is on the the "Help TrackDollar.com" menu topic.

The pie chart is a nice idea, I am going to program this during the weekend.

More county maps, hmm, it is about 2 hours per map and about 40 more maps to program, this will take a little bit.

See you and your bills

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 pm

okay, the "Donate" button is on the the "Help TrackDollar.com" menu topic.

The pie chart is a nice idea, I am going to program this during the weekend.

More county maps, hmm, it is about 2 hours per map and about 40 more maps to program, this will take a little bit.

See you and your bills

Markus

Coolness!
I shall pop a Paypal your way very shortly...may I be the first to try it out!

Glad to see the pie charts will happen, and the state maps eventually...great!!

See you and hopefully will see some of your bills around here, too!

EDIT: PayPal has been done, let me know if you got it so we all know it works.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:18 am

Hi,

@Kalisiin: yes you made it. You were the first sending cash via paypal donation. However, no hits in Virginia for you ;-)

The FRB and Blockletter new Charts will be created after the next hit or bill entry.
The filename (for user creating the own profile) are G6[usernumber].jpg to G9[usernumber].jpg

More county to come ( I have VA, NC, MD) on my list.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:35 pm

@Kalisiin: yes you made it. You were the first sending cash via paypal donation. However, no hits in Virginia for you ;-)

The FRB and Blockletter new Charts will be created after the next hit or bill entry.
The filename (for user creating the own profile) are G6[usernumber].jpg to G9[usernumber].jpg

More county to come ( I have VA, NC, MD) on my list.

Markus

Cool, thanks, Markus. And I don't seem to have much trouble getting Virginia hits on my own.

Now, if you still lived in TEXAS....
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Markus

I just entered 70 brand new crispies...no pie. No Crying or Very sad
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Kalisiin wrote:I just entered 70 brand new crispies...no pie. No Crying or Very sad
It's after your next Hit, THEN you will have pie.

Standard profile refresh rules apply.

EDIT:
Ahh, I thought that the new Pies had to do with getting another hit, but I seem to have them in spite of being hitless for nearly 48 hours.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:18 pm

I still don't have pie.

I only have the pies I, myself generated, and have stored offsite.

I have the graphs marked for hidden, and the pies unchecked, so they should show, but they don't.

I got a hit earlier this afternoon, and entered bills, too.

what gives?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 pm

OK, I got pie now...Yummmmmm!!

Thank you for doing this Markus.
I'd like to suggest a small tweak to the pies, if and when you can do it...

First, there should be a number down in the lower right, indicating how many total bills, or total hits...the pie represents.

Second...perhaps you could make it so that when you mouse over a pie slice, it shows the value in numbers of that pie slice.

Thanks again for all you do...and no rush on this stuff either...just would be nice to have, if it could be done. Or if there was some other way to show the numeric value of each pie slice.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5