TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Suggestion — Bill Entry Page Improvement

4 posters

Go down

Site Suggestion — Bill Entry Page Improvement Empty Site Suggestion — Bill Entry Page Improvement

Post  Darth Slurpee Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:20 pm

The Bill Entry Page is currently fixed to 20 entries. If you use AutoFill to complete the entry form, the form will reload with the next bill in the series after you hit Save these bills. This is a phenomenal feature for those of us who enter CU straps (I might add, frequently).

If you enter 2-19 consecutive bills, the next bill in the sequence does not auto-populate as the next Entry Number 1. when you hit Save these bills.

While there are plenty of times I enter multiple 20-bill sequences, there are times when I'm traveling that I simply cannot afford to enter 20 bills in each ZIP code, and I will choose to enter 3, 5, or 10 bills per ZIP code. When I do that, I have to re-key the next serial number in sequence, or I have to take extra steps to copy/paste/update each page for each ZIP code. That takes extra time, extra attention (not usually a good thing), and increases the potential of introducing error serial numbers in the database. I lost 200 entries earlier this year as I was traveling through North Carolina because I accidentally put a 0 in the wrong place in the serial number and couldn't error-check my entries very well quick enough.

Either of these two options would be a huge help to me, and maybe some others, too:

1. Any time the last two entries from the Bill Entry Page are consecutive, carry the sequence to the first entry on the next Bill Entry Page. It is much easier to wipe that out if you don't want it rather than trying to re-key or paste-and-update the entry.
  2. Allow us a user-selectable option for the number of entries showing on the Bill Entry Page. I tend to be consistent on a particular trip, deciding in advance if I want to enter 3, 5 or 10 bills per ZIP code. Even when I come across a cool city name and I want to deviate, I can still just use the very convenient AutoFill multiple times to achieve that.
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Site Suggestion — Bill Entry Page Improvement Empty Re: Site Suggestion — Bill Entry Page Improvement

Post  Alan From Rochester Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Might be useful for me as well.
Perhaps if I want to change the user note and/or marking method over the course of the consecutive batch.
Similarly, it can get get tiresome to click the Next button several times.
Partial straps generally don't come in increments of 20.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Site Suggestion — Bill Entry Page Improvement Empty Re: Site Suggestion — Bill Entry Page Improvement

Post  dctim Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Ohhh, # 2, definitely # 2.

I don't mind # 1, but, boy would I enjoy # 2.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:36 pm

You mean bulk entry of more than 20 bills at once? That might be particularly useful for partial straps. Less than 20, no empty lines on the page, could be useful in edge cases.

I might like "Your last 5 bill entries from today" to show more than 5, particularly when doing a batch of more than 5.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:39 am

Yes, this is about the bulk entry, done on the Bill Entry Page.

My issue is the auto-population of the first entry after you've entered a batch. Right now, the only way the next bill in a sequence is populated for the next batch is if all 20 bills are consecutive on the previous page. I would just like to see a little flexibility in how I get the next bill in a sequence to show on the next page, thus my two suggestions.
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Allowing humongous amounts of bills to be entered consecutive, at user choice...increases possibility for shenanigans for people determined to cause problems. I'd limit it to people with over x number of Track Points, and make that bar pretty high.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down