TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wheresgeorge bill

+2
Kalisiin
cylon
6 posters

Go down

wheresgeorge bill Empty wheresgeorge bill

Post  cylon Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:14 pm

http://www.trackdollar.com/report.htm?url=BH33AB7272938BF0605827D93902120B4B64BDB358&sess=00FBACB6A9

I recently received a hit on this bill and it got me to wondering. How many trackdollar bills are entered on Wheresgeorge by accident. As I have stated before I have accounts on many bill tracking sites and my wheresgeorge stamp and trackdollar stamp look alike. I don't want to double enter bills or put either my trackdollar or wheresgeorge account at risk, but I have thought of opening a second account at wheregeorge to enter my trackdollar bills and see what happens.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

wheresgeorge bill Empty Re: wheresgeorge bill

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:49 pm

As I track on both sites, I can speak a litttle to this.

I never mark bills for both sites.  I did at first, and Hank didn't much appreciate it.
Incidentally, I think Hank's dislike of the dual-marked bill had less to do with it being a competing site...and more to do with "over-marking."
As I understand it, once Hank got a visit from the Secret Service over WG? when it was first started...and I think he wants to do everything he can to stay off that radar in the future, hence his dislike of over-marked bills.

So now I only mark specifically FOR WG? or TD.  Never both.

When I find a wild WG? bill I respect that, enter it at WG? and DO NOT cross-enter it on TD, or stamp it with TD or anything like that.

OTOH, I HAVE had people enter TD bills here, and put in the User Note that they also entered it at WG?  Whether or not they also screwed with my stamps and added George stamps...I could not say.

As I have never encountered a wild TD bill, I have had no opportunity, however, I'd treat it just as a wild WG? bill.  I'd respect that it was TD, and enter it only at TD, and not cross-enter it or alter the stamps in any way.

The only wild TD bills I have gotten...I got in trades...which I do not hit....or my own bills coming back to me...or my mother's bills locally.

Because my mom and I live together, we agreed a long time ago never to hit each other's bills when we find them...unless they are found over 100 miles from home....on some sort of road trip.

The short answer:  I do not think Markus cares if bills are dual-entered or dual-stamped.
I do not think Hank cares if bills are dual-entered.  But I do not think he likes them dual-stamped.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:24 pm

I wasn't going to dual stamp them. I was just think of starting a wheresgeorge account where I would enter my trackdollar stamped bills. I wanted to see if any of the trackdollar bills would end up there. I believe some people see the red stamps and assume its wheresgeorge with reading the stamp. notice the note on the bill I posted.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:43 am

I do dual enter, but only stamp TD. I do get hits on WG and TD on most bills, sometimes only WG. At first, I only entered at TD after I started here, but then got to thinking the same thing, so started dual entering. This way, I get hits at both sites...Laughing 

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:13 am

Humm...I tend to do a crispy vs crappy thing, entering and marking my crispies here.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:37 pm

I haven't entered at WG in ages, but I will (and do) respect the wilds I find and give them a hit according the rules at WG.

I've hit over a dozen WG bills over the last 4+ years.

If I were to use the WG algorithm, I'm very close to the "comma club" here at TrackDollar. I should get there in early September. I've done it 30 % faster here because I understand how to get a higher percentage hit these days.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't mark with both, but I stealth TD-marked bills on WG and vice versa (my unmarked bills are stealthed on both sites)

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:28 am

That's cool.

Me, I never stealth bills anywhere. I hate what they do to your hit rate. stealths drag your hit rate down.

But to each their own.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

wheresgeorge bill Empty stealthing reasoning

Post  Alan From Rochester Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm

I hear that all the time - it doesn't hurt score compared to not entering the bills at all. Well, on WG it doesn't. On TD, it's a balance between getting points for hits on stealths versus getting fewer bonus points for hits on marked bills. Either site rewards entering bills whatever the amoutn of hits or hit rate, so I still come out ahead.

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Actually, every bill (stealth or not) is worth 1 point here. Every hit is worth 1+ points, depending on your hit % at the time of the hit.

The Natural Log function at WG makes every successive bill and hit worth fewer points over time.

Both sites reward a high hit %. WG especially rewards active accounts, degrading them to Zero over 100 days of inactivity. 365 days of inactivity will take you to Zero here.

We also have a point punishment if you hit a particular users bills too frequently, as opposed to a 20-hit lock (or whatever the current policy is).

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

wheresgeorge bill Empty score formula comparison

Post  Alan From Rochester Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:25 pm

As I said, "Either site rewards entering bills whatever the amoutn of hits or hit rate" [with amount of hits or hit rate as a separate component of the score]

Linear or logarithmic, more-is-better applies to both sites.

WG rewards more hits. That can be achieved by a higher hit rate on the same amount of bills *or by entering additional bills as long as they get any hits at all*

The inactivity penalty on WG and the point punishment for frequent hitting (how's that work, by the way?) are separate issues not included in my comparison.

On WG, yes, you're limited to hitting the same user's bills 20 times (2 more per year after that if they're premium members). There's an indirect score penalty because you don't get credit for entering those bills or any later hits on them.

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Alan From Rochester wrote:The inactivity penalty on WG and the point punishment for frequent hitting (how's that work, by the way?) are separate issues not included in my comparison.
I went looking for the original discussion, but I have not found it (yet).

If you hit someone else 50 or more times, there is a negative penalty to your trackdollar score.

Diamondback Dave has been the most affected by this, since Darrel has hit quite a few of his bills. D. Dave only enjoys an extra 12.14 points above his Entered+Hits total. I have 4.5 times fewer bills entered, yet I get over 2,200 extra points because nobody has even come close to the 50 hit mark with me.

The best way to overcome the penalty is to have other people hit your bills.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:28 am

Don't worry about it too much. Your Trackdollar account will certainly be safe and most likely the WG account too. If not why do you need it right?

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:35 pm

I started a New Wheresgeorge account to enter my TD bills. After three weeks I have received 3 hits on bills only marked with Trackdollar. Theses bills were entered only at wheresgeorge and not here. This is almost the same number of hits I get here a week.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Now there are a few bills I EMS on TD but don't stealth on WG.
I suppose a TD marking could be considered a sherlock for WG purposes and vice versa. (I like TD's categorization of how a bill is marked, and put in WG-marked bills as sherlock's)

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down