TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Toms

2 posters

Go down

Interesting Toms Empty Interesting Toms

Post  sends2aaron Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I went to United Bank here in Rogers yesterday to pick up $300 in Toms that I had put on order, and found several star notes. I had a couple of 95's, and I think (I don't have them in front of me to count) one group of three 1976 star notes that are in sequential order, and another group of four sequential 1976 star notes.

Interestingly, those 76's appear to be near-uncirculated condition; further evidence of how rarely these bills are spent, if they can look that good (and be in sequence) after 30+ years

So I've got that batch of 150 bills entered, and I still have 200 sequential CU 2003a toms to enter that I picked up last week. That'll put me at just under 2000 toms, and 16000 bills.

I look forward to the day, if it comes, when 75% of the site's two-dollar bills are mine!
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Interesting Toms Empty Re: Interesting Toms

Post  dctim Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Check those 76 Tom Stars carefully. If the Federal Reserve Bank is I or J, you've got some real winners there. If they are A, E or F, let me know and I will pay above face value for one.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down