TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

two dollar bill stories

3 posters

Go down

two dollar bill stories Empty two dollar bill stories

Post  cylon Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:04 pm

I thought that other two dollar bill users might like to tell their stories.
I will start with this one
On a recent trip to Kings Dominion amusement park, I handed two two dollar bills to the cashier to purchase a key chain. The cashier looked at them and then went to the phone and called some one. I heard here ask, "do we accept two dollar bills." She then hang up and called some one else and asked the same question. She then called a third person that finally gave her a answer. Five minutes later she processed the sale and handed me my change.

I have been spending two dollar bills and have many similar stories
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

two dollar bill stories Empty Re: two dollar bill stories

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:53 pm

The most fun is to go to a fast food place where the clerk is a teenager who obviously is not an honor student, if you know what I mean...

Run up a bill of nine bucks and change. Hand him a fiver and three two's and then stand back and watch his head explode.

He can't seem to wrap his little educated brain around the idea that you need a one dollar bill plus your coin change back - unless of course, the computer tells him...and even then he questions it.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:44 pm

In the last couple of months I have had several interesting experiences at fast food places. At the local Wendy's I order lunch the bill came to six dollars and change. I handed the clerk 4 one dollar bills and one two dollar bill and the change. She counted it and turn to me and said you owe me another dollar. I told her to count it again and she came up with the same total. I told her to count it again and once again she came up with five dollars. I took the money and counted it out for her. placing starting with the two. two three, four, five and six. She looked at me and said you started at two not one. I took the two dollar bill and held it up and said because this is a two dollar bill. She looked at me like she didn't know what to do. Then took the two bill held it up to the light, turned it over and held it back up to the light and then took her marking pen and check to make sure it was real. Finally she rang my sale up.

At the Wendy's across town I went through the drive through and tried to pay with four two dollar bills. the cashier looked at them and turned to another employee and asked do we take two dollar bills. The other employee said she didn't know. I was then handed back the two dollar bills and asked for other money. I explained at all I had where twos and handed them back. She turned to the other employee and asked what to do. She said to get the manager who was in the basement doing inventory. She left the window and came back a long time later and rang the sale up. This took place at 9:30 pm. No one was in line when this started, but the line was around the building and out of sight by the time this was done.

I do not mean to pick on Wendy's, It just that it is my first choice for fast food.

I also bought a coke at the local shell gas station and handed the clerk a two and receive eighteen dollar and change inn change. I pointed out that I handed her a two not a twenty and returned the money.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:10 am

Those are some funny stories.  If you had enough of them, you might write a book!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 pm

I've drifted away from twos, but your Wendy's stories encourage me to get back into them.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:14 pm

I have been spending two dollar bills for a long time now. You are right I could write a book on the experiences, but I started this thread so others could tell their stories. I could easily fill a couple pages with my stories. I want to hear other people's stories.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down