TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User List Suggestion

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

User List Suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: User List Suggestion

Post  Kalisiin Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Admin wrote:Hi everybody,

you guys made me read a long long thread.

So now my little input about TrackPoints. The idea was from the beginning to reward better hit rate with more points.
Also: 1 point per entry, because a big bill database helps everybody.
However, I see the problem, we need to have about 50 times more user to really get stealth hits going.

A hit entry point formula, and what the formula should and should not do:
- it should prevent a user from getting high amount of point just for entering bills like crazy
- it should not put a penalty on new user where the circulation time of bills is just not long enough
- it should put a penalty on inactive user

So yes, I like the idea to clean up the userlist rank and put a 12 month 100% penalty.
As for the bill entry penalty, the formula I saw makes sense however I am going to try to change all caps about the beginning and hit rate involved to not put a penalty on a new TD user.

Most likely I will try to program something like
Heavy user=10000+entries then every entered bill gets a penalty of the percentage hit rate in 3% to 100 subtracted from the 1 point capped on 0.1.
Meaning, if you managed to enter more than 10000 bills and your hit rate is only 0.5% then you will have to enter 6 bills to get one point.
if you have zero hits it has to be 10 bills entry to get 1 point.

Inactive user just get a 100% minus penalty whenever not logged in for 12 month+

I am still playing with numbers, so let me know what you guys think.

Markus

This sounds like it would be helpful.
doesn't go quite as far as I would like...but, you don't get everything you want in this world...it's a good start.

But let me ask you THIS:
What would you get on a bill entry if your hit rate is over 12% and you have more than 10,000 entries? a person like THAT should be severely rewarded for both being a heavy bill enterer...WITH A NICE HIT RATE.

Does your formula only penalize heavy users with low hit rates? Is there a cap, like say...if they have at least a five percent hit rate, then no more penalty? Likewise, on the other end...are users with a BETTER THAN 10 PERCENT HIT RATE...given a little extra reward for this?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 am

It looks like Stage One may be complete ...

TrackPoints are only being calculated for those who are "active" (logged in within the last year). At least 3 of the former Top 25 have dropped off the list and their TrackPoints are now Zero (I'm guessing). The User List will only show TrackPoints greater than Zero (some 36-ish pages worth).
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 pm

dctim wrote:It looks like Stage One may be complete ...

TrackPoints are only being calculated for those who are "active" (logged in within the last year). At least 3 of the former Top 25 have dropped off the list and their TrackPoints are now Zero (I'm guessing). The User List will only show TrackPoints greater than Zero (some 36-ish pages worth).

It would appear so. but I really want to see the next stage done...where huge enterers with tiny hit amounts do not get so many Track Points. and I'd like THAT calculation to be done retroactively. after all, it would not be fair to a new member...if they start out on the new system...while old hands get to keep what I consider to be ill-gotten gains.

If ya got a decent amount of hits, that's one thing. Mike from Utah recently passed me on the list, but I'm okay with that, at least he has over 600 hits to his credit.

I STILL don't think even HE should be ahead of me with about half my hit count, but I can deal with that. Cylon passing me by would totally incense me, as he hasn't even got fifty freakin hits.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2