TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change in TD points

4 posters

Go down

Change in TD points Empty Change in TD points

Post  Tony Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:02 pm

I don't know if anyone may consider this a taboo subject, but I've been wondering about a possible change in TD scoring. I would really like to see hits be worth more than they are in comparison to bills entered. I really like how the hits are scored, so wouldn't suggest changing that. What I would like is to see the points awarded for bills entered reduced from one point to a half point or even a quarter point.

Is anyone else interested in this, or am I the only one? Please, throw in your ideas.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Change in TD points Empty Re: Change in TD points

Post  Kalisiin Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Tony wrote:I don't know if anyone may consider this a taboo subject, but I've been wondering about a possible change in TD scoring. I would really like to see hits be worth more than they are in comparison to bills entered. I really like how the hits are scored, so wouldn't suggest changing that. What I would like is to see the points awarded for bills entered reduced from one point to a half point or even a quarter point.

Is anyone else interested in this, or am I the only one? Please, throw in your ideas.

Tony

I think you are probably the only one.
Hits ARE worth more, you get a point plus a percentage based on your Hit Rate.

If Markus wants to change it, it's his right, but I would ask then that everyone's TrackPoints be run back from the start. Markus can do that.

I don't think you'll find a lot of support for this idea. I wouldn't fight it or make a huge issue if Markus decided to do this, but I, for the record, don't support it.

For one thing, too much work.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I happen to agree with you Tony. I think hits should be worth more than entries (as they are now).

Changing the current algorithm could prove problematic, as Kalisiin has suspected.

Today's algorithm bases the value of a hit on the user's current hit rate. If we change that portion, Markus would indeed have to "recompute" from Day 1 forward.

Changing the value of Bills Entered would certainly be "easier". However, I am at about 10 % of the bills entered by Darrel, he overcomes almost any advantage I might get from a change in the value of entires.

A better solution in my view would be making hits twice (or more) times valuable than entries. I'm going to look at a couple of options that I will propose.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:19 pm

dctim wrote:

A better solution in my view would be making hits twice (or more) times valuable than entries. I'm going to look at a couple of options that I will propose.

Now THAT might be something I would support. But, do we do it more value going forward form now...or does Markus still need to go back to Day 1 to re-compute??

See the problem?

But I like anything that gives us MLRE trackpoints, and hate anything that takes trackpoints away from us.

OF COURSE...if this stuff all were to happen it would screw up my weightings all over again in the County Contest!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:16 pm

I know hits are now worth more than entries. I'm interested in making hits worth more points in comparison to entries. If "X" is entries and "Y" is hits, X divided by 2, is the same as Y times 2. Either way, hits are twice as much when comparing them to each other.

I also know that reprogramming hits would be more difficult than changing the value of entries. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how much more difficult. But changing a formula for hits compared to changing a simple value seems more difficult. Just by saying, an entry is worth one point is simple. Explaining a hit is worth one point plus one fifth (times 0.2 or divide by 5) of your whole number percentage, when the hit is received, rounded off to one one-hundredth, is a bit more difficult.

The reason I suggest this is that I spoke with EJKorvette a few months ago, via email. I asked if he marked his bills with TrackDollar. His answer was no. He now has almost 10,000 bills entered, and still no hits. Now we have another user with several hundred entries in the past few weeks, and no hits. Reducing the value of entries vs hits, I think would discourage stealth bills. I don't understand the reasons for taking the time to enter stealths. Isn't the point of this to get hits?

It just doesn't seem right to me to be entering bills on the site, just to climb the leader board. Every bill I enter gets stamped, front and back, with a bright pink www.TrackDollar.com. I also have a TD bumper sticker on my car. I am the proud TD son of D'Back Dave, the overjoyed TD papa to our points leader, Darrel, and a charter member of TDA (TrackDollar Anonomous). My name is Tony, and I'm a TrackDollaroholic. Sorry, I got off on a rant there. geek

Tony

PS----Go Coyotes! Hooooooowl!
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:25 pm

But you'd still have to go back and re-program everyone's track points from Day One, if you changed the value of anything.

And where did you get a TD bumpersticker??
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Markus had some made last year. I got one from him when we met in San Antonio in May. I think he was selling them for $10 each.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:03 pm

I like the track points the way they are. except at some point we may wind up seeing it moved over a digit. Instead of 1 point it would be .1 points ect

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down