TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes

4 posters

Go down

Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes Empty Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes

Post  Darth Slurpee Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Would it be possible to intercept carriage returns in user notes on hits and replace them with an HTML br command to make them more readable?

It would be nicer to see:
Tipped at work
turning it into the bank
stamped with a pig on it

instead of:
Tipped at work turning it into the bank stamped with a pig on it

Last edited by Darth Slurpee on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to get <br> to show)
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes Empty Re: Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:57 pm

Maybe they typed it in that way without carriage returns?

Still not a bad idea.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes Empty Re: Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes

Post  Alan From Rochester Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:07 pm

yeah, I have to remember to put in br's manually. If the site reads new lines as br's, then notes that already have a br will be double spaced. (I put new lines after my br's to make the notes more readable to myself when editing)

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:27 am

It's possible that the CRs are not even stored, so a find and replace wouldn't have anything to find.

I have had a standard user note for most of my time here. I have <br>s in the bill info under Edit Profile and they work fine.

Putting HTML tags directly into user notes is acceptable, especially considering how frequently you change your user notes, Darth.

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 pm

I see my CR's when I go to end the note later, so they're stored somehow, even if not as a character that can be found and replaced

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Site Suggestion – Replace Carriage Return with <br> in User Notes Empty Clarification

Post  Darth Slurpee Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:15 pm

dctim wrote:It's possible that the CRs are not even stored, so a find and replace wouldn't have anything to find.

I have had a standard user note for most of my time here. I have
s in the bill info under Edit Profile and they work fine.

Putting HTML tags directly into user notes is acceptable, especially considering how frequently you change your user notes, Darth.

The request is to intercept the user note entries' carriage returns as they are saved and replace them with line breaks as they're stored. It's just for readability.

And my request is for user notes on hitsmy user notes are meticulously beautified with all the bells and whistles. Wink
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Yeah, applying this to notes as they're entered will keep it from affecting existing notes.

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down