TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 100 Released Today

4 posters

Go down

New 100 Released Today Empty New 100 Released Today

Post  dctim Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:18 am

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

New 100 Released Today Empty Re: New 100 Released Today

Post  dctim Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:27 am

As I read threads on other currency boards, your particular bank may not get these any time soon. It depends on where they order their money.

As I understand it, some armored car companies may already have the new design in their vaults to be delivered as early as today or tomorrow. If your bank is ordering from another bank (or branch), then they will get the previous versions. If your bank orders directly from the FED, they will only get the new design.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:46 pm

It is sad they will destroy all previous versions so quickly. I would rather see them continue to circulate but oh well might as waste even more money on it.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:24 am

They are destroying the previous ones, because the new ones are harder to counterfeit.

You ask me, it's an exercise in futility, someone will always figure out how.

It's no different than computer viruses and security holes.  The hackers find one...the programmers patch it, the anti-virus companies zap it...and the hackers find another way.

Same with counterfeiters, I would assume - they are determined enough, they will find a way...and we will have to go thru this crap all over again.  You cannot stop a determined criminal.  All you can do is make yourself a difficult target.  In that, the Fed is doing the right thing with this new design...making themselves a harder target.

P.S. I know my own argument just contradicted itself. This is not an uncommon thing for a double Gemini like myself. I can often, in the course of being pragmatic, find myself arguing in favor of both sides of a debate. Would you believe I was once captain of the debate team in high school, LOL
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:49 am

I finally got ahold of one of them on Saturday. The teller admitted she only had a couple, but I only had enough cash on me for 1 anyway. The one I got was an LBG; I didn't see her others.
Pretty, but in general, I like colorized bills better than the 1996-era non-colorized big heads (although sometimes the pre-1996 small heads look better)
The green-to-brown color changing ink, added as a Liberty Bell to the inkwell, isn't as noticeable as some other color combinations.

Well, in an arms race, each side has to keep up, I suppose.

I didn't think they went out of their way to destroy old designs, just let them wear out, but maybe pre-2009 $100s are different.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down