TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug Listing

+2
sends2aaron
Admin
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bug Listing - Page 2 Empty Re: Bug Listing

Post  Admin Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi,

can you please forward one of these emails with missing dot to markus@trackdollar.com, I would like to see the source of the email.

Thanks

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:06 pm

sends2aaron wrote:I picked a random 30 hit notifications and didn't see this in any of them.

Seems that if a dot was missing, the link would not work

It is missing in the transfer from the e-mail notification link to the notification page it brings up after you click on the link. Click on one of those and you should get a new page with an error message stating that the page could not be found. That is what I am getting. I have to copy the link and add the dot to see the notification. It shows in the e-mail just fine, when you launch the link, it does not translate to the new page, or at least for me anyway.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Admin wrote:Hi,

can you please forward one of these emails with missing dot to markus@trackdollar.com, I would like to see the source of the email.

Thanks

Markus

I will once I get another hit. I delete them after viewing...

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 am

Use the Force, Marcus...

When checking Alphabet Bingo under Hits By State, I found:

Cith Alphabet Bingo in

I don't know how the Evil Jedi got in here, but I am certain that Marcus can repel them.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:38 pm

I did use the force, and I won Wink

Cith is HISTORY

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug Listing - Page 2 Empty Site-wide Hits By State

Post  sends2aaron Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:35 pm

I'll let the screenshot speak for themselves. I captured these at 20:26 and 20:27 central time.

sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 am

Hello,

yes I have a problem on the server with expired sessions. Reports pulled after not using the website for longer time will result sometimes in an empty database result. I found the same problem e.g. you check the userlist, then you don't user TrackDollar for lets say 20 minutes. After that you click on refresh by using your old session number. result will be (sometimes) an empty userlist, you click on refresh again it will work.

I will let you know when the problem is found and fixed.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Admin wrote:Hello,

yes I have a problem on the server with expired sessions. Reports pulled after not using the website for longer time will result sometimes in an empty database result. I found the same problem e.g. you check the userlist, then you don't user TrackDollar for lets say 20 minutes. After that you click on refresh by using your old session number. result will be (sometimes) an empty userlist, you click on refresh again it will work.

I will let you know when the problem is found and fixed.

Markus

Oh I'm not really concerned with it. Just thought I'd point it out in case you were unaware Smile
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Bug Listing - Page 2 Empty Hits by state: Individual/Site-wide

Post  sends2aaron Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Hits-by-state reports for both me as an individual and for the site as a whole appear to be incorrect. How can the count for Virgin Islands be '0'?

Virgin Islands hit: http://bit.ly/bzhGC6
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Bug Listing - Page 2 Empty Bill reports (occasionally) not displaying properly

Post  sends2aaron Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Occasionally when I click a link to a bill report, this is what I see:

sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi,

for the hit in Virgin Islands.

Well the user decided to use the international entry code and not the US Zip Code.

if you click on Hits by Country is should show up and you should see a world map in your profile.
if you prefer to see this hit as a US hit I can change the ZIP code for you.

I allowed both type of entries because, well Virgin Islands is not a state, so should not really be in the state list, but still it has a US ZIP Code.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi,

as for this empty bill report.

Yes it is still the old error I am searching for. Whenever a session expired then the first report will show empty. Same happens sometimes if you click on the userlist or online user after not using the site for a while.

Its not really broken. After clicking again all should show up the right way, however I am searching and hopefully I will find this little Evil or Very Mad soon.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug Listing - Page 2 Empty Another bug...

Post  sends2aaron Fri May 14, 2010 3:12 pm

I regularly receive my own bills from businesses all over NW Arkansas. Because of this, I will occasionally log in as a guest and hit those bills. It is not cheating: the bill circulated to me just as naturally as it could have circulated to the guy standing in line behind me (using Wal-Mart, as an example). Anyway, today for the first time I noticed that even as a guest I will receive an error message stating that I've entered the bill already. That in itself is no big deal, but what seems unacceptable to me is that the original user note is being erased and replaced with whatever I had tried to type as the note for the hit I'm not being allowed to make.. Why is this happening?
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Aaron,

looks like a problem with the cookie and using the same computer and same IP adress as you used while entering the 1st entry.

Will fix with next update, however by doing this you will reach a hit limit anyway very soon, since the same guest can enter only 10 bills to one account.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Fri May 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Admin wrote:Aaron,

looks like a problem with the cookie and using the same computer and same IP adress as you used while entering the 1st entry.

Will fix with next update, however by doing this you will reach a hit limit anyway very soon, since the same guest can enter only 10 bills to one account.

Markus

Hey Markus,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't know about the cookie/IP address theory. The same thing happened when I tried to hit one of my bills from my iPhone. A bill the was originally entered from my computer..

Although both my iPhone and laptop are connected to the same Wifi network.
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Aaron,

I found the error already, it was a compare of only the IP without checking the login status and the original user when determining if a transmitted bill note is an update or an first entry. I will copy the updated version some time tonight.

fyi:
If using a wireless lan then your ip address transmitted to a webserver is not the ip of the local network it is always the public internet IP. The IP your router receives when connecting to your Internet provider. So in this case your iPhone and your computer do have the same public IP.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug Listing - Page 2 Empty Auto-fill serial number inoperable

Post  sends2aaron Tue May 25, 2010 11:37 pm

Clicked the button, and this is what I got.. I'll let the picture speak for itself

sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 26, 2010 9:23 am

Hi Aaron,

thanks, you found a good one. The auto inc function cannot handle a leading zero. lol
Programming it right now.

Thanks

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Wed May 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Aaron,

thanks, you found a good one. The auto inc function cannot handle a leading zero. lol
Programming it right now.

Thanks

Markus

Thanks for the quick fix, Markus. I just got done entering $250 worth of crisp, uncirculated Toms (all in sequential order) and it took me less than 10 minutes. Amazing, I love this feature!

As a side note, I did find a local bank that is willing to supply me with an unlimited number of two-dollar bills (most of which will be uncirculated) as long as I open an account with them Smile If you have been monitoring my activity, you probably see that two's are the only bills that I have been entering lately
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Admin wrote:Aaron,

Markus

Hey Markus,

As far as the limit it concerned, it doesn't really exist. I reached that limit at one point, and thought to myself "Hm, I'll be that if I turn off wi-fi on my iPhone, turn off the phone, and then turn it back on, I will be issued a new IP address". Sure enough, it worked. So really all anyone has to do when they reach the 10-bill limit, assuming they are an iPhone user, is turn the phone off then turn it back on. They get a new IP and the problem is solved.

Maybe that's a security issue you want to look into?
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi Aaron,

I know about that, however to make this completely safe against cheating is kind of hard.
I could try to read the Processor Id of a Computer or mobile Device and save it into the database. Doing that is against law in some countries, unless the user signs some forms on the website lol.
But we want guest entries on TrackDollar.

I could create cookies about that, a cheater then just needs to delete the internet cache.

So no way to make it completely safe, however safe enough against user like "The Barron" lol!

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug Listing - Page 2 Empty Mobile e-mail alert

Post  sends2aaron Sat May 29, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey Markus,

I think there may be a problem with the mobile alerts. Here are screen shots

sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Yes,

little bug in the new check routine...
reused a var, fixing it right now, give me few minutes...

Thanks for letting me know

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sat May 29, 2010 9:26 pm

I have noticed that I can not access my family tree. Anyone else?

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat May 29, 2010 9:45 pm

All is ok here.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down