TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Informal Poll - Changing Trackdollar points calculation

+4
Kalisiin
Diamondback Dave
ELECTRIC RED
dctim
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Informal Poll - Changing Trackdollar points calculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Informal Poll - Changing Trackdollar points calculation

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:31 am

cylon wrote:Do you think Gary started out with 200 hits a day. I am sure that he had a low hit rate to start just like everyone else. If undertaker is truely marking his bills his hit rate will start to climb. In fact I noticed that he had five hits in the last two days. At this rate he will be over a hundred in the next month. Remember two monthes is hardly anytime for bills to circulate. Unless you also want to question the legitimacy of the hits, which would not surprise me.

If you are so enthralled with how wheregeorge does its rankings maybe you should enter your bills there. I see you already do. You just use a different name Angela

Actually, I use the same name there. I am Kalisiin at both places. Because I filled out the initial form wrong, my entering s uder andela...but my handle on the forums is Kalisiin...and everyone there knows me as such...that is even the name on my WG profile.

You are ready to jump and defend this Undertaker...without even looking at his entries. You know...I could enter a random serial number...and then 1000 numbers after it...and luck into hits that way....it proves NOTHING.

If the guys entries are sequential, or mostly so, then the odds are pretty damn good it is faked.

Now I am not going to get into it with you, cylon. You are NOT gonna change my mind about this guy. Nothing you say is going to change my mind. so don't try. The guy is a fraud. and eventually, the facts...as Markus investigates will bear this out.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Informal Poll - Changing Trackdollar points calculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Informal Poll - Changing Trackdollar points calculation

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 am

ELECTRIC RED wrote:If it isn't broke, don't fix it. If you want WG scoring, then enter there. Why don't you just try to track bills for the sake of tracking bills and forget about points or rankings. That is my new idea, Markus should get rid of the whole scoring and ranking system just so I don't have to read about the complaining of one specific user.

but it IS BROKE...that's the whole point.

NOBODY with fucking nineteen hits deserves to be in our top ten. Period.

and nothing you can say is gonna fucking change my mind.

Now you're pissing me off.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:33 am

cylon wrote:
ELECTRIC RED wrote:If it isn't broke, don't fix it. If you want WG scoring, then enter there. Why don't you just try to track bills for the sake of tracking bills and forget about points or rankings. That is my new idea, Markus should get rid of the whole scoring and ranking system just so I don't have to read about the complaining of one specific user.

I agree. Also once you start changing the rules for one person, then everyone will want the rules changed to benefit them.

I don't (language) want the rules changed to benefit me...I WANT THEM CHANGED IN ORDER TO STOP (language) ABUSE!! DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO MAKE IT ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE!!

Last edited by dctim on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : language)
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Its jist a coincidence that the way you want to "stop abuse" is a way that works to your advantage. OK.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 pm

cylon wrote:Its jist a coincidence that the way you want to "stop abuse" is a way that works to your advantage. OK.

If it dropped me four rankings I'd still want it. Because it would stop cheaters like The Undertaker.

I am still, for now, #1 in PA...and if someone is gonna unseat me from that...IT HAD BETTER AS HELL BE BY HITS AND NOT RUNNING UP ENTRIES.

Awful coincidental that YOU are against this...just because YOU stand to lose in the short term...because most of YOUR points are from entries and NOT HITS. How do you like that turned around at you, huh?

If your assertions above are so correct, that the hits will follow...then, in the long term, you would gain...so you should be for this....or are you really so sure of your previous assertions....bigmouth?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:05 pm

It's not cheating...because it's NOT A GAME!!!!
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:16 pm

I already congratulated Undertaker earlier when he passed me. I have no problem with him passing me. I can't wait for January when my income tax refund comes in. I plan on converting it to all one dollar bills just so I can enter them! Laughing

I also wish to congratulate Chavo on a 14.3% hit rate, second only to AZ bundy
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 am

cylon wrote:I already congratulated Undertaker earlier when he passed me. I have no problem with him passing me. I can't wait for January when my income tax refund comes in. I plan on converting it to all one dollar bills just so I can enter them! Laughing

I also wish to congratulate Chavo on a 14.3% hit rate, second only to AZ bundy

See, Chavo is doing it right.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:19 am

ELECTRIC RED wrote:It's not cheating...because it's NOT A GAME!!!!

It's cheating. You have to put in the time and get the hits to have a high ranking...THIS IS A f***ing MATTER OF PRIDE, DO YOU GET IT??

I AM #1 IN PA BECAUSE I WORKED AT IT!! NOT BECAUSE I HAD ACCESS TO 20,000 BILLS AS A BANK MANAGER THAT I COULD ENTER AND NOT MARK.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Your priorities are very backwards if you want to put in all this time to "win" at a game that you only see as a game. It's NOT A GAME!!! It's a hobby.
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 pm

ELECTRIC RED wrote:Your priorities are very backwards if you want to put in all this time to "win" at a game that you only see as a game. It's NOT A GAME!!! It's a hobby.

Still, whatever...NOBODY DESERVES TO BE IN THE TOP TEN AFTER THAT SHORT A TIME ON THE SITE AND SO FEW HITS.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Hello,

I see this discussion is going on for a while, and it most likely will never end. Because like always, everybody is partly right.
Here my thoughts:
As you know, you have to have a little bit of brain to write a server like TrackDollar, so having that, I know there will be always some people trying to do some kind of fake entries, test entries, challenge the security of site, make tons of entries just to mess up the database.

So if really a user is entering bills just to drive another user in the same state crazy, and this user goes totally crazy about it, well this fake user got what he wanted. A big amount of attention.

So if I go ahead and change the points system to increase the value of hits compared to entries. Well, I have brain enough to know that then instead of fake entries I will have to deal with tons of fake hits in the database just to rank up again.

Hard to run away from that childish BS.

And now even more brain:
A user with 16000 bills in 8 weeks. Do the math, somebody else did enter unmarked bills for a while, about 12000 entries, unmarked, the result zero hits, of course zero. The chance is just to low for a small database like ours that another TD user finds this bill.

Now back to PA:
16000 bills in 8 weeks, the hits are suppose to be ZERO unless they got traded. Well a few of this hits of this particular user did get hit from another user, who is from KY and also entered high amount of bills all in order, about 3500 in 2 weeks.

Well somebody is messing with me, with TD and with the database, I am going to watch this for a while, after that I am going to do what I always do with fake entries, as you remember, we had that before. Well if that goes on, and entries/hits show up against all odds and math,

the BIG BAD delete button for user and bills will be the result.

About the userlist:
to make all of you guys happy I added tonight the option to show the userlist sorted by Hits and Entries in addition you can save in the user profile how you like to see the userlist sorted as default.

later more about all that,

Markus the admin who really needs to enter more bills...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Admin wrote:Hello,

I see this discussion is going on for a while, and it most likely will never end. Because like always, everybody is partly right.
Here my thoughts:
As you know, you have to have a little bit of brain to write a server like TrackDollar, so having that, I know there will be always some people trying to do some kind of fake entries, test entries, challenge the security of site, make tons of entries just to mess up the database.

So if really a user is entering bills just to drive another user in the same state crazy, and this user goes totally crazy about it, well this fake user got what he wanted. A big amount of attention.

So if I go ahead and change the points system to increase the value of hits compared to entries. Well, I have brain enough to know that then instead of fake entries I will have to deal with tons of fake hits in the database just to rank up again.

Hard to run away from that childish BS.

And now even more brain:
A user with 16000 bills in 8 weeks. Do the math, somebody else did enter unmarked bills for a while, about 12000 entries, unmarked, the result zero hits, of course zero. The chance is just to low for a small database like ours that another TD user finds this bill.

Now back to PA:
16000 bills in 8 weeks, the hits are suppose to be ZERO unless they got traded. Well a few of this hits of this particular user did get hit from another user, who is from KY and also entered high amount of bills all in order, about 3500 in 2 weeks.

Well somebody is messing with me, with TD and with the database, I am going to watch this for a while, after that I am going to do what I always do with fake entries, as you remember, we had that before. Well if that goes on, and entries/hits show up against all odds and math,

the BIG BAD delete button for user and bills will be the result.

About the userlist:
to make all of you guys happy I added tonight the option to show the userlist sorted by Hits and Entries in addition you can save in the user profile how you like to see the userlist sorted as default.

later more about all that,

Markus the admin who really needs to enter more bills...

Thank you, Markus, and I appreciate your work on the changes thus far...as well as the investigation...which pretty much seems to bear out exactly what I accused.
The only hits this guy has is from another user who has also gamed the system?
16000 entries in 8 weeks?

I'm glad to know the facts bear out my assertion.

And, you know what...you are right.
Changing the entry rate will just result in those who would game the system - do fake HITS instead of fake entries.
And, yeah, there's limits to how many hits each user can give the same Tracker. But, as we both know...there's no limit (nor should there be) on guest hits...and we both know how easy it is to change a proxy IP and make the hits look like they are coming from a different person, n a different place, when they really aren't...so two stoolies could easily game the system.

That point being conceded, I no longer support the change of entry scoring...AS LONG AS...and here is the caveat...you ACTIVELY...delete the fake users. We seem to have a pretty obvious cheating scheme going on...your own investigation seems to bear that out. what seems to be the case is either:

A. someone is entering bills they don't have by using the auto-fill function.
or
B. someone is dumping bills...getting straps, entering them, taking them back to the bank, and getting different straps.

Well, any idiot could do either of these things, it does NOT entitle them to be in the top ten.

I feel very vindicated here in that this guy IS a faker...and that it is also no accident that this guy is from PA...if I were, instead, from Raleigh, NC..I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT IN MY MIND...that this guy would suddenly be from Asheville, instead.

I believe he is here as a griefer...and one targeted very specifically at me.
And your own investigation, Markus...seems to bear out my assertion.
Would love to investigate this guy's IP address, too, and see if he really IS from Philadelphia. He might be, but I think it likely he's from somewhere else.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 pm

I am glad you weighted in on this user. Since you are the one to see the raw data. I agree we don't want cheaters here. I just believe it is up to you to look a the data and make the decision. not some one else who can't see the raw data. I don't want to see some one driven off the site because someone else thinks they are cheating.

Nothing could be better for the site than a commercial user who would enter and mark tens of thousands of bills. Since most new users come by the way of finding a marked bill. The more bills out the more likely the site will find new users.

Once again I wish to repeat myself. I am against cheaters, But I think that Markus should make the call, not anyone else!
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm

cylon wrote:I am glad you weighted in on this user. Since you are the one to see the raw data. I agree we don't want cheaters here. I just believe it is up to you to look a the data and make the decision. not some one else who can't see the raw data. I don't want to see some one driven off the site because someone else thinks they are cheating.

Nothing could be better for the site than a commercial user who would enter and mark tens of thousands of bills. Since most new users come by the way of finding a marked bill. The more bills out the more likely the site will find new users.

Once again I wish to repeat myself. I am against cheaters, But I think that Markus should make the call, not anyone else!

I had my own reasons for suspecting.
And I am not reveling them. Markus knows.
I did NOT make the accusation lightly.

And, as you see, I turned out to be correct.

As to a Commercial Tracker...yeah...be nice to have one...in any of the other 49 states.
Unless Markus decides to break commercial users out into their own category.

Tony is the closest thing we have to a Commercial user at this time.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2