TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gee, thanks...

+2
cylon
Kalisiin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gee, thanks... - Page 2 Empty Re: Gee, thanks...

Post  Matt_How Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Kalisiin wrote:
Matt_How wrote:
cylon wrote:And I will continue to bug Markus about this glitch in the scoring system. Because NOBODY reasonable would ever say that Person B ought to outrank Person A...when Person A has FIFTEEN TIMES the hits Person B does.

What you mean is Bullying
Word of advice don't bother arguing with Kalisiin. Kalisiin seems to suffer from paranoia and has a huge ego and always wants to be right no matter what. I for one am glad you are here and not on one of those inferior sites. It doesn't bother me if you climb fast. Nobody cares but Kalisiin who just doesn't get it sometimes. Kalisiin once accused me of not caring about the site as much as he does because i had fewer bills entered. Oh whatever. I now have over 4000 entered that is more than all but 14 or 15 in the entire world. Please don't let Kalisiin bug you just ignore him.

One more thing what do you mean there is a bug in the system? So they have 3 times more hits? so what if they rank lower they have less entries. i kind of like how entries mean more here.

Kalisiin is a she, thank you.
and entries should NOT be the same across the board. Those with higher hit rates should be better rewarded. Otherwise, what is to stop someone like EJKorvette, for example, from just running up the scoreboard with absolutely zero hits?

Oh, and Matt?? You might feel differently if cylon were in YOUR state. And threatening YOUR standing...by just entering like hell and NOT GETTING HITS.

Like I have said time and again, if he had 1000-1200 hits, I would not CARE if he then outranked me. congrats to him if he can do that. BUT NOT WHEN HE HAS LESS THAN 7 PERCENT OF MY TOTAL NUMBER OF HITS.

One other thing....I would bet heavy money on this: If it was anyone other than ME making this suggestion, it would be supported. But it's in vogue to hate on Kalisiin and disagree with everything Kalisiin says.

No appreciation ever comes my way for the good things I do. I just get dogpiled on when I have a legitimate gripe. I'm used to that, though. I've been shit on all my life, and never given the credit I was due, so why should I expect anything less here?
You were born male OK no matter what body part you cut off or hormones you take or what the state says you are not a woman, sorry. Anyway, No I would not feel differently in Cylon was in my state. that is just silly. he enters more bills he should rank higher unless he gets more hits and enters more bills. I don't really care, it matters not to me. The only way I would care is if those were fake entries then it might be a little annoying but none the less i would care very little. (remember the Barron) If it were anyone else making the suggestion it would still be pointless. i am done discussing this with you, it is a waste of time since you are right no matter what in your eyes. I have noticed you are not a humble person, not at all.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Matt_How wrote: You were born male OK no matter what body part you cut off or hormones you take or what the state says you are not a woman, sorry. Anyway, No I would not feel differently in Cylon was in my state. that is just silly. he enters more bills he should rank higher unless he gets more hits and enters more bills. I don't really care, it matters not to me. The only way I would care is if those were fake entries then it might be a little annoying but none the less i would care very little. (remember the Barron) If it were anyone else making the suggestion it would still be pointless. i am done discussing this with you, it is a waste of time since you are right no matter what in your eyes. I have noticed you are not a humble person, not at all.

What I was or was not born is of no relevance, and was none of your or anyone else's business here...until someone saw fit to employ bush-league tactics to defame me, and ever since then, I have been shit on for what I am and who I am.

The very fact that you chose to attack me in this manner only PROVES what I already said...if it was anyone but me, you would probably support...or at least not oppose...the very suggestion I have made.

I am quite used to immature people like you who can't handle what I am.
I care not whether YOU acknowledge my proper gender...the state does, my driver's license correctly reflects it AS DOES MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

The fact that you are a fearful, immature little bigot does not change the fact that my legal and physical gender is female. And I can assure you, YOU have nothing to fear from me, because, although I do not know you...I know you're ugly on the inside, where it matters most...so I wouldn't want anything to do with you.

Believe me, I've dealt with far worse than YOU in my life. I have had the courage and the guts to be true to myself, and I have been physically attacked for it, denied jobs for it, ridiculed for it, marginalized and dehumanized for it...AND YET SOMEHOW I STILL MANAGE TO COME OUT OKAY.

I own my own professional company, which is probably more than you can say, and more than you will ever achieve in your entire insignificant life. What I know is...what I have done in my life has made it easier for those who follow me...they will not have to go through as much garbage as I did...and they will have legal recourse I did not have. I have made the lives of my fellow human beings better. I have helped ensure they are free to be true to themselves without fear of discrimination or harassment.

But enough about all that. The fact is...already in my life....I have accomplished more...and overcome more obstacles...than you ever will in your entire life.

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:08 pm

kalisiin wrote
If I wanted to sacrifice my high hit rate just in the name of score, I could run my score up 5000 points in a day just buying bills at one bank, entering and stamping them, dropping them at another bank for large bills, go to yet another bank to get more ones to mark - wash, rinse, repeat.

Thanks for the idea Kalisiin

cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 pm

[quote="Kalisiin"]

If you feel the need to run up the turnstyle and get to be an untouchable number one the cheap way, then there does not seem to be much I can do about it...but know that I will never accept you as a number one unless you have a hell of a lot more hits. And I will continue to refer to myself as #1 in PA on all my blog sites.

you could also call yourself the president of the United States. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:26 pm

[quote="cylon"]
Kalisiin wrote:

If you feel the need to run up the turnstyle and get to be an untouchable number one the cheap way, then there does not seem to be much I can do about it...but know that I will never accept you as a number one unless you have a hell of a lot more hits. And I will continue to refer to myself as #1 in PA on all my blog sites.

you could also call yourself the president of the United States. Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

Well you will NEVER have the #1 hit total in PA. And THAT makes ME Numero Uno in PA forever. If you ever outrank me in trackpoints it will be by cheap-assed entries and NEVER hits.

And you will NEVER have the top HIT RATE in PA, either. so any normal person would be able to see you got the the highest trackpoints total in the cheap, easy way. just enter craploads of bills and get almost no hits. ANY idiot could enter 20000 bills and outrank me in trackpoints. Try getting even CLOSE to my hit total or hit rate. You can't. You won't. EVER. So as far as I am concerned, you are NEVER gonna be #1 in PA, no matter WHAT your trackpoint score becomes. BECAUSE, QUITE SIMPLY YOU DO NOT DESERVE IT.

you wanna DESERVE it? Then get it in hits and hit rates...not in entries. Like I said, ANY IDIOT could enter 20000 bills and outrank my current trackpoint total. does not make them a better or more successful Tracker.

the BETTER Tracker gets HITS. Look at Tony...Look at Electric Red...look at Mike S....THEY got their high spot thru HITS.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm

kalisiin wrote
If I wanted to sacrifice my high hit rate just in the name of score, I could run my score up 5000 points in a day just buying bills at one bank, entering and stamping them, dropping them at another bank for large bills, go to yet another bank to get more ones to mark - wash, rinse, repeat.

So in other words, you are holding back entering bills so that you keep your high hit rate.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:12 pm

By the way the way the person with the highest hit rate is AZbundy with a hit rate of 16%. That Is 3.4% higher than yours. I only counted users with more than 100 enteries.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 pm

I know about AZBundy. I counted users with over 500 entries. AZBundy has 446.

Secondly, no, I am not holding back entering bills in order to keep a high hit rate...I AM GETTING HITS TO MAINTAIN A HIGH HIT RATE...I ENTER EVERY STINKIN BILL I CAN GET MY GRUBBY LITTLE HANDS ON.

the difference between me and you is that unlike you, I don't have a safe full of other people's money that costs me nothing that I could enter and mark to heart's content...every bill I get I have to pay for....which is fine, if you have that advantage, certainly use it, I'm not saying otherwise. But until and unless you get the HITS...you simply do not deserve your high ranking.

Like I said...ANY IDIOT...could just decide to join, enter 20,000 bills, and outrank you and me both without ever getting a single hit. NOW do you see the problem? Believe it or not, Cylon, this is NOT PERSONAL. I have nothing against you. This is simply about high rankings being EARNED thru hard work and hard time. Do you honestly believe a person who just entered 20,000 bills and never got a hit should outrank you or me? I don't believe so.

You take a guy like Wattsburg Gary on the other site, WG....He is what they call a Commercial Georger. He has a store, and he marks everything that comes into his till. He thus has far more bills entered than anyone else, and is, as a result permanent #1 in PA. But this guy has done his time, and has earned his place thru HITS...he gets over 200 hits A DAY!! On that other site...the ratio of score for entries versus hits is like ten to one to this place. My point was that it should be in better balance. so that some idiot can't just come in here, run up the scoreboard and then leave. that isn't fair to all of us who are working hard to gain rank.

As I said before, and I will say again...once you have at least 2/3 my hit total...and you pass me up on the rankings, I'll salute and congratulate you. BUT NOT WHEN YOU HAVE ONLY SEVEN PERCENT OF MY TOTAL HITS.

Whatever you may believe, THIS IS NOT PERSONAL. I will admit it catches my attention more only because you're in PA...if you were in Ohio, I would not care as much, true. but it isn't personal...and you really have to see I DO have a valid point here. when someone could come in - enter 20,000 bills, never get a hit, and hold a higher ranking than either of us...then there is a problem which needs to be addressed.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 pm

[quote="Kalisiin"]I know about AZBundy. I counted users with over 500 entries. AZBundy has 446.

Azbundy has not entered enough bills,
cylon has entered too many
only Kalisiin has entered the right amount
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:07 pm

[quote="cylon"]
Kalisiin wrote:I know about AZBundy. I counted users with over 500 entries. AZBundy has 446.

Azbundy has not entered enough bills,
cylon has entered too many
only Kalisiin has entered the right amount

Did I say that?
Quit putting words into my mouth or twisting them out of context.

All I said is...your trackpoint total should not be as high as t is, because it is almost entirely based on entries and not hits. You do not deserve the ranking you have, let alone being even CLOSE to my position.

Like I said...ANY IDIOT...could enter 20,000 bills - never get a hit....and outrank BOTH of us...with ZERO HITS. Can you reasonably argue that such a person deserves to outrank either or both of us?

Hits should be worth more than they are...and entries worth far LESS than they currently are.
THAT s what I have said all along.
YOU continue to turn it into a personal thing, and you continue to twist my words out of context in order to fit your agenda.

It's not gonna work. I said what I said and I stick by what I said. Not by YOUR PERCEPTION of what I said.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  TwoLiberator Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 am

I'll admit I didn't read some of the back-and-forth here, so excuse me if I say something that has already been discussed...

I'm one of those that enters a lot of bills but doesn't have the hits to back it up. I admit that. I really only enter bills here that are an odd series, or bills where I can enter them using the Bill Entry form where I can do 20 at a time because they are in sequence. It's very easy for me to do that. Besides that, I enter mostly 2s, and I don't get a ton of hits on them. I do most of my main work on WG due to my Top Toms stature.

I agree with Kalisiin that the Track Points should be scored differently. I think hits should count for more than they currently do. I honestly don't care that I'm 12th on this site, despite having only 10 hits. That's not why I entered bills here. I entered bills here because I felt the website deserved a boost, and so far, I've liked the people here in the limited amount of time I've talked to them on these forums. That's why I contribute.

That said, I don't agree with Kalisiin totally dismissing the fact that entered bills shouldn't count for anything, and her ranting is a BIG turn off. I see a competitiveness driving what she says and I don't see this being a competitive endeavor.

I could say more, but I won't. I get in enough trouble at WG for some of the things I say.

TwoLiberator
TwoLiberator
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:55 am

TwoLiberator wrote:I'll admit I didn't read some of the back-and-forth here, so excuse me if I say something that has already been discussed...

I'm one of those that enters a lot of bills but doesn't have the hits to back it up. I admit that. I really only enter bills here that are an odd series, or bills where I can enter them using the Bill Entry form where I can do 20 at a time because they are in sequence. It's very easy for me to do that. Besides that, I enter mostly 2s, and I don't get a ton of hits on them. I do most of my main work on WG due to my Top Toms stature.

I agree with Kalisiin that the Track Points should be scored differently. I think hits should count for more than they currently do. I honestly don't care that I'm 12th on this site, despite having only 10 hits. That's not why I entered bills here. I entered bills here because I felt the website deserved a boost, and so far, I've liked the people here in the limited amount of time I've talked to them on these forums. That's why I contribute.

That said, I don't agree with Kalisiin totally dismissing the fact that entered bills shouldn't count for anything, and her ranting is a BIG turn off. I see a competitiveness driving what she says and I don't see this being a competitive endeavor.

I could say more, but I won't. I get in enough trouble at WG for some of the things I say.

I'm glad to have some support on this, Liberator.
I never said that entered bills should not count for ANYTHING...just that they should be a LOT LESS than they currently are.
In fact, I even proposed two possible ways of re-scoring entries...

Either
A - Score them the same as hits here - that is to say, 1 point PLUS 1/5 your hit rate...this encourages a higher hit rate. or

B - a person with a 100 percent hit rate would recieve 1 track point per entry.
A person like me, with a 12.6 percent hit rate...would receive 0.12 Track Points per entry.
A person with under 1% hit rate would, in this scenario, be getting nothing for entries. This would eliminate the basic problem that any idiot could just one day enter 20,000 bills and suddenly rank in the top 5 without ever getting a hit.

To draw comparisons, at WG? you get NO George Score until you have a hit. And entries are far less value than hits. As I pointed out earlier, the ratios are approximately as follows - and this was based on my own hit rate:
WG entry/hit = 1/37.5 TD 1/3.5 - so as you see, here an entry is worth ten times what they are at WG? as a ratio of hit value.

I'll agree my "ranting" might not be attractive, but I just plain get SO ANGRY I can't help myself on that point. Especially when people start twisting my words out of context, or putting words in my mouth I did not say. That makes me VERY angry. This is the main reason I'll never run for political office - I'd explode at the first false attack ad.

I'll also agree that the main reason this is of a concern to me IS a competitive one. Absolutely. I've even said as much. I would not care as much if Cylon were in Ohio...I even said it.

However...none of this takes away from the basic fact that there is a problem with the scoring system.

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum