TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gee, thanks...

+2
cylon
Kalisiin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gee, thanks... Empty Gee, thanks...

Post  Kalisiin Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Gee, thanks... Empty Re: Gee, thanks...

Post  cylon Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:07 pm

At least he hit it. There is a lot of bad feelings over there for any other tracking site. Many georgers won't enter a bill on any other site.

I my self will enter any marked bill on any site that is stamped. So far I have found bills from trackmycash, wheresgeorge,leeping loot, WherehaveIbeen, trackyourcash and billtracker. the last two sites no longer exist
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 am

cylon wrote:At least he hit it. There is a lot of bad feelings over there for any other tracking site. Many georgers won't enter a bill on any other site.

I my self will enter any marked bill on any site that is stamped. So far I have found bills from trackmycash, wheresgeorge,leeping loot, WherehaveIbeen, trackyourcash and billtracker. the last two sites no longer exist

Yeah, he hit it...AND THEN DISRESPECTED THE ORIGINAL STAMPER...and TD...by re-posting it on WG. Anyone who knows me knows I track on both sites and if I'd WANTED it on WG, it would have been there and not here.

I NEVER dual-enter bills (I did briefly until Hank came down on me for it...not for the dual-entry itself, but because it led to over-marked bills...and he was right - the bills WERE too marked up)

I DO enter bills at WG as well. Just not the same bill on BOTH sites. In fact, the over-marking thing is what really annoys me about this guy entering my bill over there...how marked up is it now?? Well, it can't be blamed on me, if anyone looks up that bill on WG, they will find that I have no entry on the bill, so I didn't do it. I didn't over-mark the bill.

I find WG wilds all the time, AND I ENTER THEM AT WG...AND DO NOT CROSS-ENTER THEM HERE AT TD. In fact, I found two of them just today...the lucky WG'ers were from Virginia...and Clark's Summit, PA. They have been processed here and are ready for re-release. They have not, and will not be cross-entered into TD...not even stealth. I hate stealth bills anyway. I prize a high HIT RATE...I think THAT is more important than a high TrackPoints total...after all, anyone can rack up their points just entering more and more and more bills...and never getting hits (I still maintain something needs to be done to address this problem...not enough credit is given to those who maintain high hit rates, as I do.)

I have never found any wilds from any site other than WG?...and that includes TD. I have never found a wild TD...except for some of my own...some of my mom's - which we agreed not to hit each other's bills (unless we got it more than 100 miles from home) and also seen some TD wilds from another dual-site person with whom I trade secretly at WG gatherings. And as with my mom's bills, when we trade, we agree not to ht each other's bills. Cheap hits are not wanted. We simply release them. With my mom (YellowRose, by the way) and myself living in the same house, and frequenting many of the same shops in the area, naturally, we do run across each other's bills quite often...and, as agreed, we simply re-release them...we do not hit each other's bills by our own set of rules.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:50 am

I work in a supermarket. Gives me a chance to see lots of bills. I try to help anyone with this hobbie reguardless of the site.

I only hope that othes are so kind.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:44 am

cylon wrote:I work in a supermarket. Gives me a chance to see lots of bills. I try to help anyone with this hobbie reguardless of the site.

I only hope that othes are so kind.

And do you enter a lot of bills you see, and do not even mark? I see no other way to explain your huge TrackPoint total, given you have less than 100 hits.

I'm personally of the belief that stealths should not even count towards TrackPoints...but there's no real way to know...in either case, bill entries should be worht a ton less than they are...and hits should be worth more...especially more for those with high hit rates. My own hit rate, for example....is the highest of ANY active user with 500 or more bills entered: my hit rate is 12.8% (it will go down a bit later today or tomorrow when I enter my next slug of bills...but still should be 12.5 and still probably the highest hit rate of any active user.)

My closest competitor there is dcTim with a very respectable 12.1% hit rate. Note: AZBundy has a 15.8% hit rate...but also only 444 bills entered.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:00 pm

I don't believe in stealthes either I mark all bills I enter. as for the low hit rate. I believe it takes time to get a base of bills. I have seen a increase in hits in recent months. Also I enter every bill that passes through my hands. I know my hit rate would be higher if I didn't enter two's, or fifty's or hundred's. On the other hand My only florida hit was on a hundred.

I am sure that the hits will come and the hit rate will increase
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Well, I still maintain that hits should count for MORE...especially on a high hit rate...and entries should count for much, much, much less.

Take WG for example...

If I entered 100 bills there, I might go up 0.20 George Score
If I got 100 HITS...my George Score would go up 6 or 7 points, probably.

Let me check on this right quick...

OK, here's the scoop.
I was right...entering 100 more bills would up my George Score by 0.20 - from 1014.20 to 1014.40
Getting 100 more HITS would up my George Score by 7.62 from 1014.20 to 1021.86.

See what I mean?

Now at TD...
100 entries, my Track Points go up 100
100 hits...my track Points goes up 348

Difference: WG 100 hits versus 100 entries = .20/7.62 = 38.1 - hits are worth 38.1 times what entries are
Now, on TD - 100 hits versus 100 entries = 100/348 = 3.48 - hits are worth nearly 3.5 times what entries are.

SO...in short...TD versus WG...a hit here versus an entry here the ratio is 3.5 to 1
on WG...a hit there versus an entry there the ratio is 38.1 to 1 - over ten times as much.

Quite frankly, I say this for partly selfish reasons, I want to remain # 1 in PA. And I'm not going to be able to if cylon keeps entering and entering and entering...far more bills than I ever can - he admits working in a supermarket, he can enter and mark bills he does not have to PAY FOR.

If Cylon is to be #1 in PA....I would appreciate it if it was because he had a comparable or MORE amount of HITS than me. Not just freaking entries.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 am

Kalisiin, I don't mean to be difficult here, but the sites are meant to be different.

Every week or two I grab the Top 30 TrackDollar users statistics and plug them into a spreadsheet to see how they would compare if they were on that *other* site.

My most recent calculations put you as # 3 site wide using *their* algorithm, whereas cylon drops to # 10 (or 11 depending on when those ahead of him have last logged in). I have you at 1,020+ using *their* method - not too shabby.

In my view, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Your hit rate is outstanding - for either site.

I certainly would not want the TD score to more resemble that *other* place. There is already way too much unneeded animosity going on.

EDIT: as of Aug 8, 11 am EST
Kalisiin's *alternate* score = 1,041.67.
cylon's *alternate* score = 766.28
dctim's *alternate* score = 962.82
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:26 pm

What would mine be? i used to know how to figure it but not anymore

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 pm

dctim wrote:Kalisiin, I don't mean to be difficult here, but the sites are meant to be different.

Every week or two I grab the Top 30 TrackDollar users statistics and plug them into a spreadsheet to see how they would compare if they were on that *other* site.

My most recent calculations put you as # 3 site wide using *their* algorithm, whereas cylon drops to # 10 (or 11 depending on when those ahead of him have last logged in). I have you at 1,020+ using *their* method - not too shabby.

In my view, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Your hit rate is outstanding - for either site.

I certainly would not want the TD score to more resemble that *other* place. There is already way too much unneeded animosity going on.

EDIT: as of Aug 8, 11 am EST
Kalisiin's *alternate* score = 1,041.67.
cylon's *alternate* score = 766.28
dctim's *alternate* score = 962.82

I agree, Tim...BUT I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE TO GET #1 IN PA BY JUST FREAKING CRAPPY ENTRIES.

GET SOME DAMN HITS IF YOU WANT TO BE #1 IN PA

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna be VERY unhappy if Cylon gets ahead of me with less than 1000 hits.
I deserve better.

The idea that someone can come here and just run up the turnstyle....is not cool.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 am

Matt - your *alternate* score is currently 726.59

Kalisiin - I hope you find serenity in the midst of your frustration.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:38 am

Tim...It just really ticks me off, big time.

There should be a way to sort the list from most hits to least or something. I don't give a damn about track points, until cylon has at LEAST 1,000 hits there is no way he is EVER better than me in PA.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am

Kalisiin wrote:Tim...It just really ticks me off, big time.

There should be a way to sort the list from most hits to least or something. I don't give a damn about track points, until cylon has at LEAST 1,000 hits there is no way he is EVER better than me in PA.

You seem to get upset very easily. I am not understanding why it even matters to you but whatever. However i do agree you should be able to sort by dynamic. Hopefully Markus sees this.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Matt_How wrote:
Kalisiin wrote:Tim...It just really ticks me off, big time.

You seem to get upset very easily. I am not understanding why it even matters to you but whatever. However i do agree you should be able to sort by dynamic. Hopefully Markus sees this.

I get upset when I see someone doing what I consider using crappy tactics (i.e. entering in all these bills that you never have to PAY FOR) in order to get ahead. I have to pay for EVERY BILL I ENTER....I DON'T GET TO GO THRU A BUNCH OF CASH DRAWERS AND JUST ENTER AND STAMP.

Now, maybe some others here do this too, I do not know...BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE THE HITS TO BACK UP THEIR LOFTY POSITIONS ON THE SCOREBOARD.
Nobody could rightly say Tony does not, for example, deserve to be number one...HE HAS OVER 5000 HITS.

The object is to get HITS...not just entries.

Someone with less than 200 hits should NEVER be able to outstrip someone with over 1500!!

And it is in danger of happening. It matters to me because I worked VERY HARD to get to be #1 in PA. and for someone to come along and take the easy way really bothers me.

My point is...NO WAY SHOULD ANYONE EVER...WITH UNDER 200 HITS...BE ABLE TO OUTRANK SOMEONE WITH OVER 1500.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:24 pm

first of all the person that picked up your bill didn't have enter it at all. Second It is now his bill to do with as he pleases. HE NOW OWNS IT! IT'S HIS TO DO WITH AS HE PLEASES. It is remarks like yours that drive potential members away.

Next the object of this site is to Have fun!!!!!!!!!!
whether you have many hits or just a few, or enter many bills or just a few.
If I was worried only about ranking I would have stayed at trackmycash. I was and still am ranked # 1 there. I came here because I felt this was a better site. Although I am starting to reconsider this site due to your continued harassment.

Maybe we should add the number of forum posts to your score. Considering that you have over 25% of all forum posts. It appears that you cannot keep your nose out of anyone's business.

If Markus doesn't like what I am doing, it is up to him to let me know. Not you.

There are plenty of sites that would welcome my bills.

Cylon
---------------------------------------------------
Today I stand with the 1% of American who invest their hard-earned money to give the rest of us jobs.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Cylon, I completely agree with you. This seems to be the opinion of only kalisiin and hers only. I am not here to beat anyone. I am here to simply track currency that I mark. The point system is really just an activity marker. I welcome every new member, regard less of if or how they mark there bills or how they obtain them. Please do not let her opinion drive you away. Markus should create a carbon copy site just for her, so that she can only complain about herself. I do think after a new member starts reading these boards or receive a message from her, they are likely not to come back. Outside of her contest post, I would say that more than half of her post are negative. She thinks that everyone is out to get one over on her, and that's just the way she is. Please ignore her, and I encourage you to enter bills for you and you only. ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:07 pm

I just plain do not think that someone should be ranked higher....having just 100 hits...than someone with over 1500. this is not an unreasonable expectation.

It's easy for someone who works at a supermarket to just go thru all the cash drawers and mark bills like nuts and go up n rank that way.

Entries should be worth LESS and hits worth MORE.

This is MY opinion, and I'm not going to apologize for my opinion.

YLOU would not much care for it, if you were in my boots, looking over your shoulder at someone gaining on you in the rankings...with such a minuscule amount of hits.

If he had like, say, 1000 hits or more, and then passed me by, I'd tip my hat to him.

Like when Mike S. passed me by. At LEAST he had over 1000 hits when he did it.
Like when you, yourself, passed me by, Electric - YOU also had in the neighborhood of 1000+ hits.

I do not mean to be mean, but I AM incredibly frustrated...that someone with a minuscule amount of hits, by comparison...could possibly rank higher than someone with mt amount of hits, ok?

So if that makes me an evil, rotten horrible person, because I feel that way, then so be it.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:19 pm

So if that makes me an evil, rotten horrible person, because I feel that way, then so be it.

Evil? Don't flatter yourself. Hitler was evil, Stalin was evil. You only rate whiny BRAT.

Mommy, Cylon entered more bills than me!
He's not playing fair.
Make him play fair!
I deserve to be #1 in Pennsylvania,
not him!

If you have a problem with my ranking because of the number of bills I enter, just enter more bills.

cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:08 pm

cylon wrote:

Evil? Don't flatter yourself. Hitler was evil, Stalin was evil. You only rate whiny BRAT.

Mommy, Cylon entered more bills than me!
He's not playing fair.
Make him play fair!
I deserve to be #1 in Pennsylvania,
not him!

If you have a problem with my ranking because of the number of bills I enter, just enter more bills.

Not everyone HAS an inexhaustable supply of bills that cost him nothing to obtain, Cylon.

You do NOT deserve to be #1 in PA until you have a hell of a lot more hits. Entriess are rated way too high here. And I am not going to apologize for this opinion.
It is completely wrong when someone can outrank another person who has FIFTEEN TIMES their hit total.

If Person A has 1550 hits and Person B has 100...I don't think any reasonable person would ever say that in any circumstance, Person B should outrank Person A.

If you feel the need to run up the turnstyle and get to be an untouchable number one the cheap way, then there does not seem to be much I can do about it...but know that I will never accept you as a number one unless you have a hell of a lot more hits. And I will continue to refer to myself as #1 in PA on all my blog sites.

Why don't you move to Ohio and do what you're doing, then I would not give a rat's ass.

And I will continue to bug Markus about this glitch in the scoring system. Because NOBODY reasonable would ever say that Person B ought to outrank Person A...when Person A has FIFTEEN TIMES the hits Person B does.

I'm not going to apologize for this opinion.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:17 pm

My own take is that Entries should ALSO be scored based on one's hit rate.

a person with a 100 percent hit rate would recieve 1 track point per entry.

A person like me, with a 12.6 percent hit rate...would receive 0.12 Track Points per entry

and a person like YOU, Cylon...with a ZERO POINT SEVEN percent hit rate...would be getting NOTHING for entries...until you have at least a one percent hit rate, you get nothing on entries. then at one percent, you'd get 0.01 Track Points per entry.

This would discourage people like you who just want to run up the scoreboard and climb it the cheap way.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:52 pm

yes I work in retail. In fact I try to catch as many marked bills as possible, this is not as simple as kalisiin/Angela thinks. Once is bill is found in the till a manager must be called as asked permission to buy the bill. The whole transaction must be monitored by the manager on duty.
As for waltzing down the lanes and grabbing hands full of bills to mark, This is impossible, the cash registers are monitored and no one is allowed to remove the cash for any reasons.

My secret for entering so many bills is simple. First I use cash for everything from my gas to paying bills.
Second, I cash my check at work for cash, I then get straps of ones to increase the amount of bills.
Three, when I buy small items, A bottle of coke for example (cost 1.05) I use a twenty and five cents. This gets me $19.00 in change. Some times the cashier will be kind and give me 19 ones.
For larger bills or purchases I will use a combination of fives and tens. Everything I do is aimed at getting the maxium amount of bills out.

I can't control what happens to my bills once they leave my hands. whether or not they are hit is out of my control, the only thing I can do is keep entering bills. The more bills the more chances of a hit.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:56 pm

And I will continue to bug Markus about this glitch in the scoring system. Because NOBODY reasonable would ever say that Person B ought to outrank Person A...when Person A has FIFTEEN TIMES the hits Person B does.

What you mean is Bullying
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:26 pm

No, not bullying.

Addressing a legitimate glitch in the scoring system.

I don't care - ANY reasonable person would say that the person with over 1,500 hits SHOULD outrank the person with only 100...regardless of how many bills are entered.

Again...as the scoring for hits is tied to hit rate, so, also, should entries. The higher your hit rate...the more you should score for your entries...and hits. The lower your hit rate...the less you ought to score for both hits and entries.

This encourages bill entry and not bill dumping.

If I wanted to sacrifice my high hit rate just in the name of score, I could run my score up 5000 points in a day just buying bills at one bank, entering and stamping them, dropping them at another bank for large bills, go to yet another bank to get more ones to mark - wash, rinse, repeat.

Like you, I spend almost exclusively one dollar bills. I don't hardly ever see or touch larger denomination bills. I seldom mark those when I get them, because I seldom get them, I'd rather have the ones...more bills = more chances at hits.

As I said...it is not reasonable to expect a person should outrank another person who has fifteen times that person's hit count. Also, like I said I would not care or notice if you were in Ohio.

Still, since hits are tied to hit rate...so should entries be. A high hit rate is what should be encouraged and rewarded. Any idiot could enter a ton of bills using the dumping method I described above (not saying that is what you are doing, cylon)

As it is now, hits are worth one point PLUS 1/5 your hit rate. Entries are just one point across the board.

At the very least, then...entries should ALSO be one point plus 1/5 your Hit Rate. this would make it a lot harder for someone to just run up the turnstyle, as it were.

Currently, with my 12.6% Hit Rate, I get one point plus 2.52 points per hit...3.52 points, roughly.

My argument then is that my entries should score likewise. It should not be equal across the board, because the point here is to get HITS not just entries.

All that said...cylon, if you had 1000-1200 hits...I would not care if you then outranked me, even though I have over 1550. that would at least be somewhat close.

but at 100 hits versus 1550, no freaking way should you outrank me, you quite frankly do not deserve it.

The point is you should have to DO SOME TIME first, before you get a top ranking. and addressing this disparity in the point system regarding entries...would address this.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:18 pm

cylon wrote:And I will continue to bug Markus about this glitch in the scoring system. Because NOBODY reasonable would ever say that Person B ought to outrank Person A...when Person A has FIFTEEN TIMES the hits Person B does.

Word of advice don't bother arguing with Kalisiin. Kalisiin seems to suffer from paranoia and has a huge ego and always wants to be right no matter what. I for one am glad you are here and not on one of those inferior sites. It doesn't bother me if you climb fast. Nobody cares but Kalisiin who just doesn't get it sometimes. Kalisiin once accused me of not caring about the site as much as he does because i had fewer bills entered. Oh whatever. I now have over 4000 entered that is more than all but 14 or 15 in the entire world. Please don't let Kalisiin bug you just ignore him.

One more thing what do you mean there is a bug in the system? So they have 3 times more hits? so what if they rank lower they have less entries. i kind of like how entries mean more here.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Matt_How wrote:
cylon wrote:And I will continue to bug Markus about this glitch in the scoring system. Because NOBODY reasonable would ever say that Person B ought to outrank Person A...when Person A has FIFTEEN TIMES the hits Person B does.

Word of advice don't bother arguing with Kalisiin. Kalisiin seems to suffer from paranoia and has a huge ego and always wants to be right no matter what. I for one am glad you are here and not on one of those inferior sites. It doesn't bother me if you climb fast. Nobody cares but Kalisiin who just doesn't get it sometimes. Kalisiin once accused me of not caring about the site as much as he does because i had fewer bills entered. Oh whatever. I now have over 4000 entered that is more than all but 14 or 15 in the entire world. Please don't let Kalisiin bug you just ignore him.

One more thing what do you mean there is a bug in the system? So they have 3 times more hits? so what if they rank lower they have less entries. i kind of like how entries mean more here.

Kalisiin is a she, thank you.
and entries should NOT be the same across the board. Those with higher hit rates should be better rewarded. Otherwise, what is to stop someone like EJKorvette, for example, from just running up the scoreboard with absolutely zero hits?

Oh, and Matt?? You might feel differently if cylon were in YOUR state. And threatening YOUR standing...by just entering like hell and NOT GETTING HITS.

Like I have said time and again, if he had 1000-1200 hits, I would not CARE if he then outranked me. congrats to him if he can do that. BUT NOT WHEN HE HAS LESS THAN 7 PERCENT OF MY TOTAL NUMBER OF HITS.

One other thing....I would bet heavy money on this: If it was anyone other than ME making this suggestion, it would be supported. But it's in vogue to hate on Kalisiin and disagree with everything Kalisiin says.

No appreciation ever comes my way for the good things I do. I just get dogpiled on when I have a legitimate gripe. I'm used to that, though. I've been shit on all my life, and never given the credit I was due, so why should I expect anything less here?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum