TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life after shredding

2 posters

Go down

Life after shredding Empty Life after shredding

Post  Tony Sun May 06, 2012 10:12 am

I thought this was an interesting article. I knew worn out money was shredded by the FRB, but didn't realize that some of it is recycled. Hopefully Ford can find a use for it.

RIP TrackDollar bills. Sad
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Life after shredding Empty Re: Life after shredding

Post  Kalisiin Sun May 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Tony wrote:I thought this was an interesting article. I knew worn out money was shredded by the FRB, but didn't realize that some of it is recycled. Hopefully Ford can find a use for it.

RIP TrackDollar bills. Sad

Pretty cool. I'd imagine that there were lots of practical applications for shredded currency. Obviously, because of the inks and chemicals in the bills (and I don't mean the stuff WE add - but the stuff already there) one could not use it to make packaging meant to hold food or beverage...but there's lots of packaging and other applications I can think of for non-food use. Good to see Ford stepping up and finding a way to conserve our natural resources, and re-using stuff that otherwise would end up in our ever-decreasing amount of available landfill space.

I have to offer some kudos to Ford for trying to help care for our Earth, even in this small way. Now, if we could only convince them to invest more in our country, and get folks back to work...we all could generate more cash for them to use!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down