TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

+3
ELECTRIC RED
Tony
Kalisiin
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 am

This will be far different that last time, as there will be no prizes, no winners, no losers, no entry fee, all may participate.

Simply, we will collectively try to fill in as much of the map as we can...just post up your county hits.

In order to eliminate any form of competition whatsoever, there will be no standings page, you can keep track of your own if you want to. The map will be colored in as counties are hit...a different color for whatever month the county was hit in - the color will not indicate WHO got the hit.

This way there is just cooperation, no competition....nothing to create possible bad feelings.

My original intent with this, last year...was simply to bring more people to the forums more frequently and try to build a little community. The competition aspects made this effort backfire, and I regret that.

Hopefully, this way, there will be no bad feelings, cooperation over competition...and we can try to build something together.

All who wish to participate may do so...those who do not wish to participate....that is your choice, you are welcome to participate. Please post links to the hits.

As before, we will have a map and a spreadsheet, so that one may see which counties have already been hit....but nothing on the map or spreadsheet will indicate WHO got the hit...thus competition is totally eliminated...and, along with it....any reason for bad feelings.

Last edited by Kalisiin on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty Re: March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 am

Spreadsheet Link
Spreadsheet current thru Adams County, Colorado on page 3.

Link to Full Size Map
Map is colored in up thru Adams, Colorado (page 3). Next Map update will be around 3/30/12.

March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge 2iurwjo

Last edited by Kalisiin on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:09 am; edited 7 times in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty Re: March Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 am

Let me lead off this month with this one

Sussex County, New Jersey

Please post all March hits in this thread. If you need to post a hit from an earlier month, please go ahead, but indicate in the posting what month it is for, thanks!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:39 pm

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:30 pm

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Welcome aboard, Jackson.

Looks like I got some work to do, LOL
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 am

OK....got all that in...stuff all updated now.

Meanwhile, Jackson, welcome aboard. Some of your postings had already been taken, but I got the ones that hadn't. Incidentally, Roanoke County was already taken, but your hit was for Roanoke CITY...so you got that one.

Not that it matters WHO got it, since we aren't keeping any score.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 am

From what I can see at the moment, we have eight states still holding out on our little venture here.

it appears to me, just from looking at the map, our holdouts are NH, VT, RI, DE, LA, MS, AR, and SD.

I am not looking at the Spreadsheet to determine this...just the small map picture. We HAD DE, or so I thought...but since the hit seems to be a fake, I did not eventually claim New Castle, DE. I'll probably manage that one legitimately before too much longer, anyway. Rather have a legitimate hit than a questionable one.

Anyway, there it is for now. We are also two counties away from an Arizona Bingo...and only a few counties away from a New Jersey Bingo.

EDIT: Checked the spreadsheet. Yep, eight holdouts is what we have. I got 'em right.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:56 pm

The map is looking pretty impressive, especially after just 60 days. That group of Southwest Contiguous Counties is obviously the work of Tony. Jackson's contributions help greatly.

We are only a few counties away from joining my local CC to Kalisiin's. (Baltimore County, MD and any of Lancaster, Lebanon, Schuylkill or Columbia counties in PA.)
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:41 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:55 am

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:03 am

Jackson Stamper wrote:Fayette County, Pennsylvania

Wow, that's sort of a tough one even for me!
I have not yet managed it, by the way.

EDIT: Well, what do you know!! Ask and ye shall receive...just got this hit in Fayette...is that too weird or what??

Look at the time I originally posted this note...and the time of the hit not quite seven hours later...
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:22 am

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:27 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:05 am

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:51 am

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Greene, OH

I think this is the first hit in a city that starts with "X" for me.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Tony wrote:Greene, OH

I think this is the first hit in a city that starts with "X" for me.

Oh boy oh boy...you got Xenia, did you!!
Lucky dog, that would finish a City Alphabet Soup for me.

I'm pretty sure it is they first city you have with an "X" since there are only two in the entire country...Xenia Ohio, which you just got....and Xenia, Illinois.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Limestone County, Texas
hadda make this one more lime green, lol. Had to hard-code it as the color option is not available in the drop-down list.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:32 am

I haven't checked the accuracy of this, but this link shows US cities starting with X.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:16 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next