TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yearlong Cooperative County Challenge

+2
Diamondback Dave
Kalisiin
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Yearlong Cooperative County Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Yearlong Cooperative County Challenge

Post  dctim Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:02 pm

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Yearlong Cooperative County Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Yearlong Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:07 am

I'll be the first to hit two of the Boroughs...

Queens County, New York

I got Kings County before....the Kings and Queens of New York are claimed.

Last edited by Kalisiin on Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:04 am

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Fresno, CA New CA county for me
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:01 am

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Sarpy County puts Nebraska on our little map...
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 pm

From the City of Brotherly Love...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (The city is, in and of itself, a County of Pennsylvania.)
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

please tell me how to post a link to the bills. I have two new counties to add
westmoreland pa and Mercer pa
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

cylon wrote:please tell me how to post a link to the bills. I have two new counties to add

In the posting editor is a "link" icon. The top half gets the URL for the bill that got hit. The bottom half gets the county and state. The county in your bill report is in parentheses.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Wasco, OR New State for me, plus you gotta scratch your head about that town name.

Lackawanna, PA -- another in Kalisiin's backyard
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:33 am

The Dalles, OR, is close to where I grew up. French Canadians named it. Here's a link that explains how it got it's name.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 am

dctim wrote:Wasco, OR New State for me, plus you gotta scratch your head about that town name.

Lackawanna, PA -- another in Kalisiin's backyard

Sorry tim, I managed to get Lackawanna this year...posted it back on Page 1. not that it matters, this year...who gets what...but Lackawanna is taken.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:22 am

cylon wrote:please tell me how to post a link to the bills. I have two new counties to add

Here's your Westmoreland County, PA hit

And on a $2 bill, no less!

And here is your Mercer County, PA hit...on a $10 bill.

The way you post your links:
Go to and click the image above the message screen that looks like a sideways 8. If you hover over it, it will say "Link" what you do then, is put the URL in the top line of the box that pops up...and type the county and state name in the bottom line. You'll need to copy and paste the hit URL from the hit page.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:25 am

Tony wrote:The Dalles, OR, is close to where I grew up. French Canadians named it. Here's a link that explains how it got it's name.

Interesting, Tony.
Would like to see you participate this year, as there is NO competition, no winners, no losers...I learned a lesson last year. My purpose for doing this was then...and is now...to bring more people to the forums.

My mistake was in assuming no one would play along unless there WAS a money prize involved. and the constantly changing handicaps just...well, last year was an unmitigated disaster and I admit that. Please forgive last year's mistakes and join us!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:33 am

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:19 pm

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Some of the colors used for the map are too close in color. You might want to change that. January looks like November, February looks like May and September and March looks like August

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Matt_How wrote:Some of the colors used for the map are too close in color. You might want to change that. January looks like November, February looks like May and September and March looks like August

I did the best I could. Paint has limited number of colors. They do not look alike when you hold them close together. Unless you can make some other suggestion?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Kalisiin wrote:
Matt_How wrote:Some of the colors used for the map are too close in color. You might want to change that. January looks like November, February looks like May and September and March looks like August

I did the best I could. Paint has limited number of colors. They do not look alike when you hold them close together. Unless you can make some other suggestion?
I see you didn't choose black as a color. Well if anything it is what it is.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:35 pm

Matt_How wrote:
Kalisiin wrote:

I see you didn't choose black as a color. Well if anything it is what it is.

I did not use black...because the county lines are black. If you use the fill in function on that...it will fill in more than you want. I also did not use white...because I was not able to show it in the Legend. I am sorry I cannot do better with it...but it is really tough to come up with 12 VERY DIFFERENT colors. Unless you think I should do six colors, one for each 2 month period?

I mean, this CAN be changed. I could even cycle six colors Jan-Jun and then run the same cycle thru Jul-Dec.

Seriously, I am asking for input here...but not criticism. It certainly CAN be changed. I'll take suggestions and can alter it accordingly. Best if we decide soon what is wanted, so that the amount of alterations is minimized.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:39 am

How about the like colors be of the next month. For example the color for february be close to the color for January rather than several months later. I am not real familiar with the program you are using but there must be 12 different colors in it isn't there? Just go with the colors as listed on this forum in the order listed. That is my suggestion. Or perhaps One color for every quarter of the year so Red gets January February and March That way you have 4 colors.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 am

Matt_How wrote:How about the like colors be of the next month. For example the color for february be close to the color for January rather than several months later. I am not real familiar with the program you are using but there must be 12 different colors in it isn't there? Just go with the colors as listed on this forum in the order listed. That is my suggestion. Or perhaps One color for every quarter of the year so Red gets January February and March That way you have 4 colors.

Yes there are 12 different colors, as you can see from my current Map. But not twelve VERY DIFFERENT colors. I believe I will try changing this to have SIX colors...one for each 2-month period. I'll see how THAT looks.

I currently have the colors I use on my profile, and can import those into the system...let me see what I can come up with here...

UPDATE: Ok, try that. Is this any better? If not, I can go to six colors. But I think these may work.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:04 am

That should do it, great work

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next