TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still amazed this site is real time.

2 posters

Go down

Still amazed this site is real time. Empty Still amazed this site is real time.

Post  Matt_How Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

One feature I really like on this site is that everything happens real time. A bill is entered the site wide bills goes up instantly. The users list is updated instantly. The only thing that has a slight delay is the profile page but that can be updated instantly in a manual way and is automatically updated. Thank you Markus for creating a real time bill tracking site. All the other sites both present and past never did that as far as I am aware. It is just kind of cool.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Still amazed this site is real time. Empty Re: Still amazed this site is real time.

Post  Admin Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi, thank you very much. Well the reason that the profile page is not real time is just the CPU time. If the server would go ahead and update the profile graphs and maps after every bill you enter then the speed would go down big time. However, it updates all changed graphs every 2 hours or whenever you start your bill report by state or bill summary (for graphs).

How I could make this site real time and other could not?

well I am not using a Standard Web Server, I wrote completely my own. That makes it completely prepared against attacks and I can do lot of stuff where Standard Server Products will always limit the programmer.

Thanks again

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Still amazed this site is real time. Empty Re: Still amazed this site is real time.

Post  Matt_How Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:39 am

That is pretty cool you know how to write your own software. I can understand the graphs not being in real time. Two hours isn't a real long time to wait for it to update automatically and the real important things do update in an instant. Keep up the good work.

Matt_How

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down