TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thing that make you go hmm?

3 posters

Go down

Thing that make you go hmm? Empty Thing that make you go hmm?

Post  Matt_How Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Why do some people do an initial entry without registering? Maybe this one was entered on another site? http://www.trackdollar.com/report.htm?url=BB4026362E3D233D253654252462266436637E72&sess=0059E1C734

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Thing that make you go hmm? Empty Re: Thing that make you go hmm?

Post  Admin Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:43 am

hello,

this bill is registered on this "other" site. 5 minutes later. But also as guest and also as 1st entry. hmmmm? why? I don't know.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:35 pm

This might explain some of the weird entries. There is another much lamer bill tracking site called http://www.trackdollarbills.com/ that I stumbled upon. It has a high margin of error on bill entries and visually is a total eyesore. It is hard to navigate and not all that functional check it out if you want to see what a bad and I mean BAD tracking site looks like. One question I had that I can't seem to answer is what came first this site or that site? The member count and bills entered seems to be off a bit. I cannot imagine it would be that high and have that little forum activity. Just doesn't add up.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:54 am

Hi, this site never really started. They have this beta test display since Sep 28 2008, 8 days after TrackDollar went online. The numbers (newest user, totals, last entered bills etc) are all constant graphic files and never changed during the last year. Lets see on what date they are really starting the site.

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:33 am

I have wondered if it were possible to contact some of those other currency tracking sites and see if they would merge thier databases and user community into TrackDollar.

I just tried "wherehaveIbeen" and none of the links seem to work from their main page.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Looks like trackdollarbills.com is more or less a fake site.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:02 am

a nice idea to merge the database, it is pretty easy to import data from a different tracking site, and also merge the user, however the site owner also has to give up the webaddress or at least forward the site to TrackDollar.com or all the bills out there won't hit anymore.

Is WhereHaveIBeen still active? does somebody know?

Hard to believe that there are 26000 user with an average hit rate of 18%. Also the average entered value of $8 is a little bit high. $5 is normal for US$ tracking sites.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:47 am

Admin wrote:a nice idea to merge the database, it is pretty easy to import data from a different tracking site, and also merge the user, however the site owner also has to give up the webaddress or at least forward the site to TrackDollar.com or all the bills out there won't hit anymore.

Is WhereHaveIBeen still active? does somebody know?

Hard to believe that there are 26000 user with an average hit rate of 18%. Also the average entered value of $8 is a little bit high. $5 is normal for US$ tracking sites.

Markus

I suspect that much of "WhereHaveIBeen" are fake hits amoung a few people. As far as the average value, if most of the folks over there did $ 20's the average would definately be higher than what might be expected. I'm betting they don't really have ANY commercial users who would bring the average entered value closer to $ 1.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:48 pm

I disagree with both of you on this. I think it would be a bad idea to gather all the data from Where have I been. First off you would need to buy the URL to redirect to this site. Then there is the high level of bad entries on that site. They did not separate 2003 series and 2003A series there was only a 2003 series. there were no checks to prevent fake entries. you could have entered a bill as mydogskip and it would have likely taken it. It just wasn't a functional site. Nice idea in principle but I just don't feel it is practical. That is just my opinion.

Last edited by Matt_How on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:31 am

Yes,

that is true, I would not like to have tons of wrong data in our database. I did not know about that little "series" problem on their site.
So I guess we have to concentrate on entering more of our own bills :-)

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:53 am

Matt_How wrote:I disagree with both of you on this. I think it would be a bad idea to gather all the data from Where have I been. First off you would need to buy the URL to redirect to this site. Then there is the high level of bad entries on that site. They did not separate 2003 series and 2003A series there was only a 2003 series. there were no checks to prevent fake entries. you could have entered a bill as mydogskip and it would have likely taken it. It just wasn't a functional site. Nice idea in principle but I just don't feel it is practical. That is just my opinion.
Matt, you make a valid point. We definately would not want to import garbage data from any source. It always bothered me that that *other* site never went back to correct things like their 1977 $2 bills.

The "bill correction" routine at that *other* place has gone a long way to fixing some of the garbage that they have in their system. It might also be helpful to purge any inconsistant data within the TD databases.

My point seems to be moot in any case, since Where Have I Been seems completly dead.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down