TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Site Suggestions

4 posters

Go down

More Site Suggestions Empty More Site Suggestions

Post  Kalisiin Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:19 pm

OK...I hate doing this to you, because I'm always of the mind not to create more work for people when I'm not able to help DO the work my ideas create, but, here's a few more ideas I had...feel free to implement or not, each idea...and no rush on them, just ideas...

1. A place in the profile where yo can enter a default bill note, so that you do not have to re-type it constantly, for example "Hi from Saylorsburg, PA!!" so that every bill entry would automatically have that note pre-filled in (and it could be deleted from the bill entry page if someone did not want the default note on a specific bill...also they would be able to add more if they wanted...but that part would come up as default.

2. Scaled maps, etc so that it would not be necessary to scroll left/right on profiles (I'm one of those who HATES scrolling left/right) Up/down doesn't bother me, but left/right does.

3. Smaller scale state county hit maps so that more could be put on a page with less scrolling, perhaps the ability to place the maps side-by-side (by choice, of course, one could choose the larger-scale maps, too, if they wanted them)

4. Option to choose, on bar graphs, instead of showing number entered and number hit...one bar only showing hit rate. Or, lacking that, addition of a third bar which would show hit rate. But I would personally prefer a graph showing only hitrate.

Again, no rush on any of these, I know you're busy moving and whatnot...so, like I say, no rush...just ideas I'd like to see...if they can be done. And, of course, my feelings won't be hurt if you reject any/all of these ideas.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

More Site Suggestions Empty Re: More Site Suggestions

Post  Diamondback Dave Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 am

#1 already exists in your profile setup. Click on "My Reports", scroll down to "Edit Profile" and click on that, when it brings up the screen look towards the bottom and you will see a box with "bill info" above it. There you can put whatever message you want to for your bills. You may have to scroll to see the box.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:30 am

Thanks, Dave...did not see this. Scratch suggestion Number 1 then!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:04 am

Hello,

yep, last night I was working about 6 hours on the custom colors for maps and graphs. Its nearly done, might be it goes online tonight.
I am testing it right now on my mirror server.

Scaling: I tried before to use the scaling function of a browser, however, the TrackDollar server is writing jpg files in the background, these files are copied from an original in this resolution. It is not a meta file that can be scaled. That means using the scale function of the browser will create a bad quality map where you won't be able to read the county names.

if you check the html source while watching your profile you will see a lot if < img commands, the file names are [2 letter code][5 digit your user number].jpg

if you like you can click on HIDE GRAPH in the profile and enter something like
< img filename width=xxx height=yyyy > into your profile and control the maps/graphs custom.

After the custom color changes are done I am going to program a few new graphs, looks like nice ideas. I am moving Friday, you guys won't hear from me for a couple days.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:34 pm

ok, sounds good Markus...look forward to seeing the new improvements, and good luck with a smooth move, we'll see you soon on the other side!!

Y'ever notice how...you never realize how much stuff you ACTUALLY HAVE...until you try to box it all up and truck it across the country??

I have done it seven times, and each time, I keep saying NEVER AGAIN!!! And yet, I still go on moving!!

Illinois to Florida, back to Illinois, to Texas, to New Jersey, to Pennsylvania, to Kentucky, back to Texas, and back to Pennsylvania!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Wow! I thought I'd done a lot of moving. I went from Oregon to northern Nevada, to Idaho, back to Oregon, back to northern Nevada, back again to Oregon, to southern Nevada, and now in Arizona. And just like you, I say, "Never again" and I keep doing it anyway.

And Markus, I hope your move goes smoothly. Good luck.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down