TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Littleton Coin Company

2 posters

Go down

Littleton Coin Company Empty Littleton Coin Company

Post  sends2aaron Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:59 pm

I'll put this question to Markus and dctim, since I know that you both collect coins and currency. Anyone else feel free to answer too though, if you have an opinion

What are your thoughts on Littleton Coin Company? I am eager to get back into collecting, but I have read in a few discussion forums that Littleton's prices are out of hand.. Do you agree?

I am not too knowledgeable in this hobby, so I really wouldn't know whether their prices are fair or not.

I suppose eBay would be another possible source, but I am a little weary about buying there.
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Littleton Coin Company Empty Re: Littleton Coin Company

Post  dctim Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Personally, I would use Littleton or other major RETAIL internet outlet as just that - Retail.

These folks are in business to make money. That means they are probably selling for at least double of what they pay. I don't begrudge them one penny of revenue, much less profit. They are moving merchandise into the hands of people who want it.

If there were particular coins I was looking for, I would check Littleton to see what they were advertising, but I would be unlikely to purchase from them. It is a handy place to build an education for when you go into a coin store or a coin show.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down