TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why no hits in Ecuador?

4 posters

Go down

Why no hits in Ecuador? Empty Why no hits in Ecuador?

Post  Matt_How Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:31 am

It seems odd there are still no hits in Ecuador site wide. They use U.S. currency and spanish is their native language, one of the languages you can convert trackdollar into. I'm sure much of it has to do with it being a second/third world country. Not alot of people can afford computers there. They are just having a hard time working for their every day needs. However some people do have computers and internet access. Unfortunately the rich in Ecuador are usually drug dealers. An unlikely group to track cash on the internet but still no hits at all. that is hard to believe.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Why no hits in Ecuador? Empty Re: Why no hits in Ecuador?

Post  dctim Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:14 pm

In comparrison ...

Pennsylvania Population: 12,604,767 (2009 est), GDP 553 Billion $ (2008)

Illinois Population: 12,910,409 (2009 est), GDP 633 Billion $ (2008)

Ecuador Population: 13,927,650 (July 2008 est.), GDP 52.6 Billion US $ (2008) -- That's 10 % of PA with about the same population
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:14 pm

I knew it was bad but WOW! Much worse than I imagined. i have never been to Ecuador but I have friends that have spent many months there. The pictures are so beautiful. it is hard to imagine a place that beautiful struck with extreme poverty.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:42 am

Matt_How wrote:It seems odd there are still no hits in Ecuador site wide.

I don't think that it's odd at all. To make the point: when I consider how much currency is in circulation, combined with the fact that only < 42,000 of those bills are stamped/entered here at TrackDollar, the chances of me seeing another user's bill here in ARKANSAS is astronomically small.. Let alone, finding one in Ecuador Smile

I think the chance of me finding one at this point is only slightly better than that of winning the Power Ball lottery jackpot :-P
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:39 am

Hey Aaron,

I wish you the best with the Powerball Jackpot
You win = 100,000,000 $1 bill entries for TrackDollar
lol!
How long would you need to enter 100,000,000 bills?

However, the idea to become the currency tracking site for a foreign country using US$ currency, well it is a very nice idea.
Does somebody know enough spanish to add links to some sites in Ecuador, don't know if they have forums over there for Coin Collectors, currency collectors or something like IAMBORED.COM or FINDMEAHOBBY.COM

A link in the EUROBILLTRACKER.com Forum did create a lot of international user, but, user from europe, well they will enter bills only while being on vacation I guess.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Admin wrote:Hey Aaron,

I wish you the best with the Powerball Jackpot
You win = 100,000,000 $1 bill entries for TrackDollar
lol!
How long would you need to enter 100,000,000 bills?

However, the idea to become the currency tracking site for a foreign country using US$ currency, well it is a very nice idea.
Does somebody know enough spanish to add links to some sites in Ecuador, don't know if they have forums over there for Coin Collectors, currency collectors or something like IAMBORED.COM or FINDMEAHOBBY.COM

A link in the EUROBILLTRACKER.com Forum did create a lot of international user, but, user from europe, well they will enter bills only while being on vacation I guess.

Markus
You also have Puerto Rico as a Spanish speaking country. Or is it just part of the U.S.? They use our money anyway. They are a U.S. commonwealth whatever that means. i don't know Spanish but hopefully some of you living closer to mexico do. Most people in Ecuador can't afford a computer so your audience there is small and they use the dollar coin more often than the one dollar bill. I am sure we will have a hit there some day maybe even get a regular user tracking what bills make it to the states mostly I guess. Many people down there hate that they have to use the U.S. dollar because their own currency became worthless many years ago. it is just one of those really odd situations.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:36 pm

I just found out from a friend of mine that in Ecuador they have internet cafe's so anyone can get on the internet there in the cities but the wage of the people is low o who could afford it?

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:34 am

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down