TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a new stamp

2 posters

Go down

Got a new stamp Empty Got a new stamp

Post  Alan From Rochester Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:32 pm

My main TD stamp is an iStamp rectangle that says Track me at (URL) in orange. Now I have a red round 'see where I have been! (URL)' to go with it.

The orange ink isn't dark enough to show well against a dark background - this is a problem with bills that don't have much blank space and/or the modern $5 and up designs with color backgrounds. My WG stamp is the same design in (dark) blue and works just fine.

I finally got around to ordering a new stamp last week. I figured I'd get the same one in red or purple, but Stamp Connection doesn't carry it anymore. I don't want to go back to water based inks because of fading and smudging, let alone separate ink pads (another thing to carry, another step, stamp surface is exposed and easily damaged). The cheapest rectangular self inking oil based they have now is XStamper at about $25 instead of about $15. The round ones are about $20. That and ink is >= $25 for free shipping.

When I first used it, it came out so bold the letters were indistinct. It took me several bills and tests on regular paper to find out it requires much less pressure than the iStamp, I need to tap it, whereas slamming the iStamp is OK and even produces a better impression

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Got a new stamp Empty Re: Got a new stamp

Post  Jack002 Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Alan, I vote for using purple ink. I'm a little colorblind and red/pink/orange stamps look faded and faint to me. Purple pops more. That's just me.

I still use my TD rectangle non-selfinking stamp. I use a Stamp Connection oil based ink, I bought a refill for it (I think it was less than $10) and have to occasionally reink it.
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down