TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 series $1 bills circulating?

+2
Tony
Diamondback Dave
6 posters

Go down

2009 series $1 bills circulating? Empty 2009 series $1 bills circulating?

Post  Diamondback Dave Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:15 pm

I have noticed some 2009 $1's have showed up, but I do not think they are legit. 2 of them have high block letters, and one of the low blocks shows here in AZ...but I do not think they have hit here yet at all. I think it is a mistake of someone not changing the series when entering the bills.... Question

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

2009 series $1 bills circulating? Empty Re: 2009 series $1 bills circulating?

Post  Tony Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 am

Dave, you are right. I haven't seen any 2009 bills yet either. I've been entering a few bills on a work computer. I'm unsure why, but it resets to 2009 after each entry. I thought I'd caught the mistake when it first happened, but obviously I wasn't thorough enough.

Marcus, can you delete those three bills I've entered showing 2009? They've been spent so I can't verify what the actual series is.

Please accept my apologies for the mistakes. I'll do my best to keep it from happening again.

Thanks

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:08 am

You can actually do this yourself Smile

Just go into My Reports > My Bills, find the bills in question, then click the orange X

k30grif wrote:Marcus, can you delete those three bills I've entered showing 2009? They've been spent so I can't verify what the actual series is.

Please accept my apologies for the mistakes. I'll do my best to keep it from happening again.

Thanks

Tony
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Marcus,

The orange X only shows up for me for about 48 hours after in enter a bill, then it vanishes. Right now I'm showing the X next to entries for March 19th and forward.

Thanks

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 pm

I might be nice to have Marcus change them to the 2006 Series, if that is what you think they were.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:12 am

I believe one of the bills is a 2006 based on the other bills I entered before and after it. The other two I really don't know. They are probably 2003, 2003A, or 2006. I'd rather not get credit for the bills than have the chance that they are incorrect.

I guess I'm at a loss of what could be done to correct this without deleting them. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there anything I can do to help this situation, other than the obvious of not repeating the mistake?

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 am

Tony,

I don't think there is anything you can do other than have the bills deleted, if you don't know the series. You said you may only have messed up a few of them, so I wouldn't stress over it too much. We all make mistakes

As a matter of fact, I almost did the same thing the other day myself: I was so used to all of the series' for $1's defaulting to 2006, that I nearly submitted 20 bills not realizing they were all set on 2009 now

k30grif wrote:
I guess I'm at a loss of what could be done to correct this without deleting them. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there anything I can do to help this situation, other than the obvious of not repeating the mistake?

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Tony
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:29 am

Tim,

Thanks. You're right. We do all make mistakes. I'm just upset with myself for not catching it sooner and getting corrected while I still could. Especially after seeing what the work computer was doing by resetting to 2009 after every entry. Anyway, live and learn. Talk to you later.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:12 am

Hi,

the Multi Entry Page was suppose to default to '2006'. There was a little bug. I am going to install an update in about 1 hour. Then it will default to '2006' like the normal entry page.

For the 3 bills:
I did change them to '2006' for now. If one of these bills ever gets reentered with a series not equal to '2006' then I will receive an alert. I can then change the original bill so that hit still counts. So no worries.

cu + your bills

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:03 am

Admin wrote:Hi,

the Multi Entry Page was suppose to default to '2006'. There was a little bug. I am going to install an update in about 1 hour. Then it will default to '2006' like the normal entry page.

For the 3 bills:
I did change them to '2006' for now. If one of these bills ever gets reentered with a series not equal to '2006' then I will receive an alert. I can then change the original bill so that hit still counts. So no worries.

cu + your bills

Markus
What happens if say the user reentering the serial actually has a 2009 with the same serial number? This is why I prefer $5-$100 bills. Less margin for error.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 am

Yes,

I checked our complete database and found about 10 (hit) bills entered on $1 and $2 bills with wrong series. (these hits did not count)
This coming weekend I am going to program an update for TrackDollar what will popup a "Series Confirm Form". This should take care of all this in future, no need to get an alert to the admin anymore. Right now I am fixing bills like this manually. TrackDollar is growing, so I guess an automatic is better.

The 10 bills I found will be repaired by this function, so a few of you will see a few hits popping up from older bill entry dates.

To the question:
If one of these bills really was 2009 or 2003A or whatever other Series, then this new function will auto update the original bill entry or the new bill entry, whatever is right. if still somebody hits with changing the series of the original bill in error, well all we can do then is to wait for the next hit on this bill to see the auto update again. You will never know for sure who made the mistake but at the end you have to trust the person who has the bill in the moment of entry. Hope that makes sense what I am writing here.. Wink

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:27 pm

k30grif wrote:Tim,

Thanks. You're right. We do all make mistakes. I'm just upset with myself for not catching it sooner and getting corrected while I still could. Especially after seeing what the work computer was doing by resetting to 2009 after every entry. Anyway, live and learn. Talk to you later.

Tony

Hey there Tony,

Yes, we all do make mistakes. I have as well. I have had to have a series of bills I entered changed over from $1 to $2 on here because I did not catch my mistake until a couple of days later. No worries. I just thought since I saw the 2009 series added that I would see what had been entered. At least you know what was happening before it grew to a big list.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Cool, we now have some 2009 $20's entered into the system! SJPnightowl82 gets the credit for the first 2009 series entries! Cool

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Just wondering if I understand correctly:

1.) A 2006 bill is entered with a serial number that matches one that is already in the database, but with series 2003A.

2.) The "Series Confirm Form" displays, asking the user to look again and verify the series

3.) After looking, the user verifies that the series is, in fact, 2003A

Would you really want to auto-update the first bill? That could mess everything up, since it is possible for two bills of different series to have matching serial numbers...

Admin wrote:Yes,

I checked our complete database and found about 10 (hit) bills entered on $1 and $2 bills with wrong series. (these hits did not count)
This coming weekend I am going to program an update for TrackDollar what will popup a "Series Confirm Form". This should take care of all this in future, no need to get an alert to the admin anymore. Right now I am fixing bills like this manually. TrackDollar is growing, so I guess an automatic is better.

The 10 bills I found will be repaired by this function, so a few of you will see a few hits popping up from older bill entry dates.

To the question:
If one of these bills really was 2009 or 2003A or whatever other Series, then this new function will auto update the original bill entry or the new bill entry, whatever is right. if still somebody hits with changing the series of the original bill in error, well all we can do then is to wait for the next hit on this bill to see the auto update again. You will never know for sure who made the mistake but at the end you have to trust the person who has the bill in the moment of entry. Hope that makes sense what I am writing here.. Wink

Markus
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 pm

No,

the auto update form will ask e.g. Original Entry is 2006 new entry is 2003A, serial and denomination is matching:

a) is this bill marked and the series is 2006
b) is this bill marked and the series is 2003A
c) is this bill unmarked and the series is 2006
d) is this bill unmarked and the series is 2003A

Results:
a) the new entry will be changed to 2006
b) the original entry will be changed to 2003A
c) the new entry will be changed to 2006, it is an hit
d) nothing will change, a new bill chain will be started with 1st entry

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Okay,

new version is online. This is what a user will see if denom. and serial is the same to an existing bill, but the series is not matching. Example Original bill was 2006, the user entered the bill with series 2003A:

Only if option 2 is picked the original entry will be changed!

there is an existing bill with same serial but another series, please check the series one more time.
Please check the series of the bill and select one of the options below:
This bill is marked with TrackDollar.com and the series is 2006
This bill is marked with TrackDollar.com and the series is 2003A
This bill is NOT marked and the series is 2006
This bill is NOT marked and the series is 2003A
My Entry was completely wrong, I am going to correct my entry below.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Cool! Someday we will have 100,000,000 bills, with perhaps dozens being entered every minute. Once we get that big, there's bound to be duplicate serials. This error-check will cut down on the amount of bad data that people may accidentally input

Admin wrote:Okay,

new version is online. This is what a user will see if denom. and serial is the same to an existing bill, but the series is not matching. Example Original bill was 2006, the user entered the bill with series 2003A:

Only if option 2 is picked the original entry will be changed!

there is an existing bill with same serial but another series, please check the series one more time.
Please check the series of the bill and select one of the options below:
This bill is marked with TrackDollar.com and the series is 2006
This bill is marked with TrackDollar.com and the series is 2003A
This bill is NOT marked and the series is 2006
This bill is NOT marked and the series is 2003A
My Entry was completely wrong, I am going to correct my entry below.

sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down