TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 series?

3 posters

Go down

2009 series? Empty 2009 series?

Post  Matt_How Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:56 pm

When did this happen? i see a 2009 series is now added to the list. Does this mean that the new style $100's are finally being printed?Anyone hear of a release date?

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

2009 series? Empty Re: 2009 series?

Post  dctim Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 am

Matt_How wrote:When did this happen? i see a 2009 series is now added to the list. Does this mean that the new style $100's are finally being printed?Anyone hear of a release date?
Yes, Matt, the 2009 Twenties have been in production for a month or three. I am not surprised to see reports of them leaking out into circulation.

The BEP started printing Ones and Hundreds in February. The Hundreds are slated to head overseas - their new security features will be welcome across the pond.

Anytime there is a new series, it can take months for them to reach every corner of the States. I am still occasionally offered 2003A Uncirculated Ones at my local bank (I would rather get twenties than crispy ones).

Here is the current BEP production report. http://www.moneyfactory.gov/images/MPR_February2010.pdf

You can view the previous reports at moneyfactory.gov. A new report is released 5 to 10 days into a month (usually), but has been known to take 20 to 25 days at times.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  kidgame2001 Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 pm

On that subject, I stopped at the local Bank of America to get some more George's. To my surprise they still had Crisp Uncirculated bills. They've had them for 3 or 4 weeks all the CU straps one could ever ask for. Well the strap I got today I glanced real quick in the bank and thought they were 2006 series.

Instead, I get home, look closer, and notice that they are all actually series 2009 bills. So yes I got a strap of 100 Crisp uncirculated dollar bills from the K-A block. I never thought I'd find any 2009 bills this early on in the print run for them. I had expected to find a few of the 2009 dollar bills but near the end of the year. I'm not complaining or anything, just surprised to find 2009 bills so soon. Kind of still surprised that my local bank is getting so many CU straps. My bank never has CU straps especially not this time of year.

kidgame2001
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down