TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another cool feature of trackdollar.

Go down

Another cool feature of trackdollar. Empty Another cool feature of trackdollar.

Post  Matt_How Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm

I really have to hand it to Marcus for having a multilingual site. The site defaults to English and this makes the most sense since U.S. currency travels within English speaking communities but it is by far not the only Language spoken by people who handle U.S. currency. Most people are well aware of the large Mexican population in the United states and it is no longer limited to the states near the border. Even up here in Wisconsin there are an awful lot of Mexicans. 20 years ago you would see a Mexican here and there but not like today. It is one of the largest immigrant groups to the U.S. 100 years ago it was the Polish and Germans settling here. I am descended of that group of immigrants however the German and Polish languages for the most part are not spoken here anymore. There are traces of the languages still around in the form of city names food names and the like, once in a while you run into people that speak those languages but not real often however Spanish is still pretty lively. not only here in the States but in countries other than the U.S. where our currency is in use. Did you know for example that the official currency in Ecuador is now the U.S. dollar? That does seem pretty strange doesn't it? Well, they are a Spanish speaking country. Also the commonwealth of Puerto Rico is largely Spanish speaking. So alot of places that use the U.S. dollar are Spanish speaking areas so it makes so much sense to have a version of the site for them. it also increases our chance of getting hits in those areas. Sadly, the common people in those areas do have a harder time affording a computer but hopefully there are enough public libraries that they can use. Also you can put the site in German, French, and Italian. Obviously Marcus is trying to attract Eurobilltracker.com users with that so it increases the chance of hits in Europe and people traveling from Europe as well. No other U.S. dollar tracking site does this. I saw it suggested on one tracking site but the idea was shot down quite bluntly. Sorry to go on like this but I just thought it was pretty cool.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down