TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lack of reading comprehension

+4
Matt_How
cylon
Kalisiin
Alan From Rochester
8 posters

Go down

lack of reading comprehension Empty lack of reading comprehension

Post  Alan From Rochester Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 pm

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/b:wrzjRTmEUJ

This is a bill I marked with TD but it got hit on WG. apparently people can't read or choose not to.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

lack of reading comprehension Empty Re: lack of reading comprehension

Post  Kalisiin Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Alan From Rochester wrote:http://www.wheresgeorge.com/b:wrzjRTmEUJ

This is a bill I marked with TD but it got hit on WG. apparently people can't read or choose not to.

Looks like you also ENTERED it at WG.
You sure about it's marking being ONLY for TD?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:57 pm

you just proved what I have been saying for a couple of months. People have been entering TD bills by mistake at WG.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:59 am

Proves nothing.

First of all, he has not answered if he had actually marked this bill for WG...it WAS entered there and given a bill number. And it was entered by Alan.

Could this be a case where he THOUGHT he marked it TD and in fact marked it WG - he has not answered this possibility so we don't know.

and, again, I maintain if you mark bills in the right location, you don't GET screwups like you claim to get cylon.

MARK THE DAMN THING WITH A ONE-LINER RIGHT OVER THE UPPER-RIGHT SERIAL NUMBER.
That way, the TRACKDOLLAR hits them right in the face, and they can't just enter it at WG by mistake. Then it has to be intentionally malicious.

And there ARE a few WG'ers out there like that, by the way.

I don't think ANY of the TD bills you get entered at WG are ACCIDENTAL, cylon.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:52 pm

In have a handful of bills entered on Thrackdollar, WG, trackmycash, and leapingloot. Some got hit on Trackdollar only some on WG only some on both. None so far have been entered on the two other sites.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:05 am

As I've said before, I enter on both but mark on one. If I had marked it with WG instead, I would have described WG markings in the user note, whereas I don't describe TD markings at all. Also, this kind of thing has happened to me a few times before.

Yes, I do mark above the right serial.

I was aware that some WG'ers have in for TD, but my thread title takes a more charitable interpretation - they see a URL on a bill and assume it's WG.

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:03 am

On the other hand...this from a different thread...

Alan From Rochester wrote:I handwrite or stamp the URL in multiple places on the bill. Sometimes I accidentally handwrite different URLs instead of the same URL multiple times. So a few bills end up marked with both sites by mistake.

So how do you KNOW...really, that this one WASN'T accidentlly marked for WG...eveb if you thought it was...and intended for it...to be marked for TD?

See, that is why I have a problem with a few hits on the wrong site proving ANYTHING.
My own theory, as I have stated before...is that there ARE Georgers out there who have it in for TD...and the entering of a TD bill into WG? is intentional, deliberate, and even malicious.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:32 pm

do you think people also do it with TD bills that aren't entered on WG as well?

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Alan From Rochester wrote:do you think people also do it with TD bills that aren't entered on WG as well?

Probably.

I have had a few TD bills also entered onto WG, but most of those had the courtesy to also give me the hit here on TD.
As you know, I do not cross-enter bills - I enter and mark one site only.

And I enter very few bills on WG, anymore. Basically only the REALLY ratted-out bills that are real crappy.
As I said, I seldom track much on George anymore - I don't think I need to belabor the WHY on that one, really.

TD rocks....Markus rocks.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:37 am

I originally anon emailed/direct messaged WG users incase the WG instead of TD hit was a mistake, but I gave that up, because it probably wasn't a mistake and evne if it was they probably don't care.

I do have one bill marked with TD that got hit on both.

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:08 am

Alan From Rochester wrote:I originally anon emailed/direct messaged WG users incase the WG instead of TD hit was a mistake, but I gave that up, because it probably wasn't a mistake and evne if it was they probably don't care.

I do have one bill marked with TD that got hit on both.

Either they do not care....or, possibly, it was one of those malicious hits I have spoken of.
There ARE a few WG loyalists out there who will go out of their way to hit a TD bill on WG, and even obliterate TD markings on bills. Fortunately, these are few and far between, but they are out there.

Most WG people who see a TD bill realize there's a person on the other end of that bill who wants a hit every bit as bad as they want a hit...and will accommodate (these are the ones who often go ahead and then cross-enter the bills) Most hits, whether TD or WG, come from guests rather than active users.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:04 am

Interesting thread. For the record, I only enter my bills into TD and stamp for only TD. I like the idea of stamping right over the righthand SN. I might try that.

I didn't know people were entering them in WG? If they do mine, they'll see nothing. Oh well, you can't fix stupid. I have no plans to ever double enter bills. I hope people take time to enter mine into TD when they see them

I have found a couple WG wilds in my straps. I have reentered them into WG and spent them.

I think I'm about done with WG. Last non-wild entered there was last OCT.
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 am

Jack002 wrote:Interesting thread. For the record, I only enter my bills into TD and stamp for only TD. I like the idea of stamping right over the righthand SN. I might try that.

I didn't know people were entering them in WG? If they do mine, they'll see nothing. Oh well, you can't fix stupid. I have no plans to ever double enter bills. I hope people take time to enter mine into TD when they see them

I have found a couple WG wilds in my straps. I have reentered them into WG and spent them.

Curious, Jack...what caused YOU to be "about done" with WG?
I think everyone here knows what caused it for me.
I still enter my crappy bills that are not worthy of entry at TD...into WG - I never cross-enter or dual-stamp bills.

There are some on WG who really don't like the black hits...and others who don't like the most-recent version...which caused a lot of formatting problems in user profiles.

So, I'm curious...what did it for you, Jack?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 am

Kalisiin wrote:
Jack002 wrote:Interesting thread. For the record, I only enter my bills into TD and stamp for only TD. I like the idea of stamping right over the righthand SN. I might try that.

Curious, Jack...what caused YOU to be "about done" with WG?
I think everyone here knows what caused it for me.
I still enter my crappy bills that are not worthy of entry at TD...into WG  - I never cross-enter or dual-stamp bills.

There are some on WG who really don't like the black hits...and others who don't like the most-recent version...which caused a lot of formatting problems in user profiles.

So, I'm curious...what did it for you, Jack?
The last upgrade where you have like 50 report limits and can't even see your hits in the last 10 days or what counties you have in what state every day. I am over 11,000 bills so I'm in the really restricted catagory. The fix was to buy into friends of george to see more. Not doing that. Also the new format. It looks like a picture in a big wide frame now. Every single suggestion I ever had there was met with a loud NO. I like TD so much more!
Jack002
Jack002
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 am

I wondered if the new version is what had done it for you.

I've heard several folks unhappy with it...before Hank banned me from the Forums entirely.

Most folks didn't like what I didn't like...the way the profiles got mucked up.

Others didn't like the new limitations (FOG members did not have them imposed of course)
Hank really has made a business out of WG.

Here all the good features are free - unless you choose to donate - then again, we have far fewer users, and thus need far less bandwidth.

Still every suggestion I made here has been implemented, and that is something I like.

For example, the auto-fill maps here - with the exception of twelve of them...were all hand-drawn by me.
Also, the feature where you can tell how far along the way to the moon, the sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars that your bills have gone...was my idea.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  TwoLiberator Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:01 pm

I found my first Track Dollar wild today.

The reason I'm posting about it here is that there's a few threads here talking about how TD wilds get entered on WG because people don't take the time to read them.

Honestly, I nearly made the same mistake. I saw the front stamp (one of those rectangle stamps exactly like the one I use for WG), read the "Track Me at www..." and threw it in the pile with the couple other wilds I came across today. Later on, I read the back side and saw that it said "Track Dollar" instead of Where's George. Flipped it back to the front, and sure enough, it says Track Dollar on the front as well.

The problem isn't reading comprehension.  To mess up comprehending something, you actually have to have fully read it first, and then make the wrong conclusion. I've seen the same types of stamps so often, and entered over 1,200 wilds, that I don't actually read the entire stamp. It's not that I'm trying to not read it, it's that the brain takes over and assumes it says something else. It's almost like a form of conditioning (think Pavlov). In fact, I see any ink stamp, assume it's WG, and occasionally am disappointed when it's from some other defunct site, promotional contest, or a political message instead. Who really does after seeing that many wilds? The problem is familiarity and similarity to existing WG stamps, especially when they use the exact same type of phrasing, and just switch out the words "Where's George" with "Track Dollar". People read the "Track me at" part, and stop reading.

That's exactly why so many bills from here end up entered over there. A solution would be to create stamps that use a totally different phrasing about the site, it would make it more likely that people fully read them. Not saying it wouldn't happen anyway, but I bet it would happen less. Even when it happens now, I doubt it's because people are purposely doing it (in most cases).
TwoLiberator
TwoLiberator
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Welcome, TwoLiberator! I know what you mean. I have that square red stamp with the WG url on it. I personally have only found like 54 wilds in my lifetime. I'll go like three months never seeing one, so I don't look at the wilds that quickly. I have never found a TD wild so far.

FWIW, I did try to deviate from the WG? stamping style. I have a 1 liner with a bigger bolder font thats easier to read. I hope that helps to make people read them.

Good to meet you! I hope to hear more from you and hope you plan to track bills with us here!

THIS IS MY STAMP
Jack002
Jack002
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:39 am

I still like my one-liner that fits over the upper-right-hand Serial Number.

That hits 'em right in the face, since most people are looking at THAT serial number, when actually entering bills.

I have a tombstone stamp to the left of the President's face (usually Washington, since I do almost exclusively $1's)
I have the one-liner described above
I have my signature stamp - an orange phoenix (this helps me identify my own wilds if I ever find them, so that I don't accidentally try to re-enter them)

On the back, along the bottom I have two stamps.

One says "Follow This Bill Across America"
the second says "www.trackdollar.com"

It has GOT to be next to impossible, for anyone to ACCIDENTALLY enter mine into WG instead of TD.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

lack of reading comprehension Empty Stats & Facts

Post  Darth Slurpee Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:45 pm

I began an experiment in December 2013 to find out what I could on this.

I  cross-entered 6,047 TrackDollar-marked singles at the other site between December and May. They are all marked with TrackDollar only (no, I don't make the mistake of putting the other site's URL on them). With my hits/entries rate, it's very safe to say that my bills are very well marked and if actually read and not assumed, there would be no chance the person with the bill would wind up at a different site. One of the user notes below points out my stamps use the "same format", which is absolutely true because I get my stamps from stamp-connection.com and they're more than happy to put www.trackdollar.com on any of the stamp designs they have for the other site.  Wink

I have received 106 hits so far on those bills at the other site for a rate of 1.7%, 6 of them second hits. It's a lot of hits, but not a material impact to my hits/entries rate. If I assumed best-case scenario that every one of those hits was also or only hit at TrackDollar, then my overall hits/entries rate would be improved by .15%, barely perceptible at my current 14.7% rate. Given the fact that many were entered at both sites, then that impact is actually much smaller.

The User Note at the other site has some variant of "How did you come to this site to enter this bill? It is a Stealth with no reference to the Where's George? URL on it." or "please have a closer look at the markings".

Of the 106 hits

• 40 are from non-registered hitters (who seem to not be able to read — I have had several TD user notes admit they didn't read that the stamp said TrackDollar.com and tried entering it over there, first)
  • 32 are from registered users, who may or may not have entered bills over there before
  • 6 are from registered users with profiles who were kind enough to at least cross-enter
  • 26 are from registered users with profiles who can be assumed to know the difference but chose only to enter the bills over there

User Notes on Hits at the other site
Jerks (none cross-entered)
● Well worn - has numerous creases in it - but still very usable in a vending machine. Got it at the bowling alley. it's actually a TrackDollar bill. To answer your question: I don't do TrackDollar, I only do WheresGeorge. (one wonders who James expects to hit his bills, only people who already do the other site? Perfect definition of a jerk.)
● Excellent condition. Greetings from Doodler Plains! 48330 is MY zip code.
I'll doodle my marks and spend them soon. My bill #36,000. Time for a vacation.
It's actually nicely stamped several times. Hand marked on back. (very disappointed in Doodler for not cross-entering. He is one of the Top 10 users in the state. I've hit a few of his bills. I won't make that mistake again, buddy.  Rolling Eyes )
● Mary in Warren, who did direct hits on five bills spent at lunch, all at the other site, none at this one, despite the user note pointing out they were not marked with the other site
● Received this bill at Shores Bowling Lanes in St. Clair Shores MI. In good condition. Cherry stamp & Enter with arrow info stamped on bill. In good condition, no tears, worn from folding in half. Weather here warm, sunny & 60 degrees. (not cross-entered, despite such a thorough detailing of the markings by the Georger with a profile)
● One #4727. "Track Dollar" rescued from Summerfield Key. Bill in GOOD condition. Thank you for updating this bill's locale. Please enter all the stamped bills you encounter.
● Very good shape stamped on back edge
● Got it at work a brand new dollar bill, Tim Horton's on Maybee rd Clarkston, nice stamps.
● TrackDollar.com stamp to left of GW. Has a house with a blue roof on the right front. Not a WG bill but am entering it anyhow. Payment for auto parts.
● This bill is marked www.TrackDollar.com, what's up with that, it appears to be the same format. I want to stay in the George world.
● Received as change from a fast food place. Stamped in several places with TrackDollar.com including handwritten note of the same. No tears but very 'soft', many fold marks.
● Bill was cleaned out of a copy machine. This website looks like a poor copy of Wheresgeorge. Not sure why you don't just use Wheresgeorge.com
● Great condition! Got from a friend for my birthday. I just normally enter bills into this site and didn't bother looking at the other site

Blind
● playing left right center found this bill it has trackmybill.com stamped on it. it looks brand new
● I received this bill as a tip while valeting at The Saint Paul Hotel, it's nice and crisp and really well labeled for WG!
● I found this bill in my purse. It's got a lot of stamps all over it. I will spend it locally today.

My data shows that there are a lot of people who deliberately choose only to enter them at the other site, and a lot of people who just assume they're looking at a bill from the other site. Most of the user notes on the hits say nothing or nothing about the markings.

I had been purposely holding on to bills I get at the other site to see how my TrackDollar bills were treated over there. Despite more than 4 out of 5 users at the other site with a profile choose not to hit the bills here at all, I will keep hitting their bills over there, because I'm just not going to stoop to their level of pettiness.

Last edited by Darth Slurpee on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct a misspelling)
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Darth Slurpee wrote:
I had been purposely holding on to bills I get at the other site to see how my TrackDollar bills were treated over there. Despite more than 4 out of 5 users at the other site with a profile choose not to hit the bills here at all, I will keep hitting their bills over there, because I'm just not going to stoop to their level of pettiness.

Exactly. I still hit their bills there, even though I seldom even enter any bills there anymore...we all know why.

But you would THINK...those people over there would realize that there is someone over HERE...who wants a hit every bit as bad as they do.

This is why I hit theirs on that site...anyway. Because, though I have a bad taste in my mouth about WG - and we all know why - I will not punish the people over there...I realize over there is someone who wants a hit as badly as I do. So I hit it.

EVEN if it happens to be a bill from someone I do not like over there, I STILL HIT THE GODDAM BILL ANYWAY.

Because it is just the decent thing to do.

I believe the hit gods will smite me if I start picking and choosing whose to hit and whose to not hit.

ANY marked bill, anywhere, from any functioning site...that I come across...will get a hit from me.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 pm

My TD stamp looks slightly different, rather than a WG stamp design with a different URL, but they're still just one-liners. My TD stamp is purple and my WG stamp is red, to help tell things apart on my end. Either way, I can see how people get confused when they only have a small quantity of my wilds.

On WG, I generally don't mention TD or drop hints.

Part of my cross-entering is doing so with other people's wilds for whatever site.

Alan From Rochester
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:44 pm

Then there's this guy!
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:45 am

Darth Slurpee wrote:Then there's this guy!

Awesome, sounds like a new user to TD that may become a playa! Very Happy

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Diamondback Dave wrote:
Darth Slurpee wrote:Then there's this guy!

Awesome, sounds like a new user to TD that may become a playa! Very Happy

It would be nice to get a new convert.
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum