TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are they entering bills in the future?

3 posters

Go down

How are they entering bills in the future? Empty How are they entering bills in the future?

Post  Matt_How Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:28 pm

http://www.trackdollar.com/report.htm?url=BH6CF25221CADDAB39057BE5025D4D54143BE1FC07&sess=00D4529F45
Not much in the future but the time here is 3:26 pm the time where this was entered it is now 4:26 pm. What is going on?

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

How are they entering bills in the future? Empty Re: How are they entering bills in the future?

Post  dctim Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I've seen this happen, as well - "future" bill entries, sometimes happening hours in advance. I personally chalk it up to the vagueries of wireless connections. In spite of many attempts, I can't seem to rest my wife's tablet reconfigured to the correct time, it is 22 minutes in the future.

Whatever is happening, I'd like to see a consistent solution.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

How are they entering bills in the future? Empty Re: How are they entering bills in the future?

Post  Matt_How Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:40 pm

It would make sense if the bill was entered in Greenland but not Michigan. What is going on indeed? I notice it is from an unregistered user.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 am

Looks like the hit was deleted.

I believe WG standardizes all hit times to U.S. Eastern.  This would be a way to solve "future hits" - standardize all hit times to reflect one specific time zone, for argument's sake, U.S. Eastern.

This still would not completely solve the mobile world we now live in...there ARE places near time zone borders...where, theoretically, you could be picking up on a tower in a time zone other than where you live, and are entering the bill.

For example, if you live on the Georgia/Alabama border, as my brother does...you could be entering the bill in Georgia...on a mobile device...but your device is picking up signal from Alabama.  Thus it may believe you are in Central time when you are actually entering in, and located in Eastern.

So there is no total solution.  But standardizing time zones could help.

Here is an extreme example of something that CAN happen in our mobile world.

A flight from Louisville, KY (Eastern) to Chicago, IL (Central) takes 55 minutes.
So, you land, by the clock, five minutes before you ever took off.

1. I enter a bill while at Standiford Field in Louisville, and then jump on a plane to Chicago.
2. I use the bill to buy a drink from the stewardess.
3. You later buy a drink from the same stewardess and get my bill in change.
4. You land at O'Hare Airport in Chicago....by the clock, five minutes before you took off from Louisville.
5. You whip out your laptop and enter the bill, while at O'Hare Airport.

The bill appears now to have been hit...before it was ever even entered!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down