TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At least he hit the bill...lol

5 posters

Go down

At least he hit the bill...lol Empty At least he hit the bill...lol

Post  Chavo Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Chavo
Chavo
New

Back to top Go down

At least he hit the bill...lol Empty Re: At least he hit the bill...lol

Post  Kalisiin Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 am

Get used to it. A lot of WG players shit all over this site and our bills every chance they get.

Find a WG bill some time...AND JUST EVEN TRY mentioning "trackdollar" in the user notes and just watch what happens....

I agree, at least he hit it.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavo Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 am

Hmmm. Well, if I do find a george wild out here, I'll enter something like "Hello from your friend on TrackDollar". But again, I haven't run into any wg bills out in this area either. Feel like I'm living on the dark side of the moon out here...lol!
Chavo
Chavo
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 am

You do that, Chavo, and just watch what happens to the word "trackdollar" after you hit the enter button.

what drives me nuts is WG'ers who take my TD bills and enter them on WG? I find that totally disrespectful. I NEVER put a previously marked for WG bill onto TD. NEVER.

I did, once, recently...only because the WG bill had been chicken-georged on the back only, and I never saw the markings until after I had already entered it into TD and marked the front.

I even wrote the user on WG an apology email over it.

I just think it's plain disrespectful to cross-enter someone else's bill. If they wanted it on that tracking site, they, themselves would have entered it there, is my own take.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavo Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:15 pm

No, I would never cross-enter a bill, or cross out another sites markings...that totally goes against fair play and is poor sportsmanship, for sure. Sad that that happens.
Chavo
Chavo
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Chavo wrote:No, I would never cross-enter a bill, or cross out another sites markings...that totally goes against fair play and is poor sportsmanship, for sure. Sad that that happens.

It DOES happen with SOME (a very small minority) of WG users who believe WG should have a monopoly on currency-tracking...and that one man...and one man alone...should have the right to decide who may...or who may not...participate in the hobby.

I, for one, am glad there is more than one game in town.

I don't think monopoly is EVER good.

I DO wish to stress here that it is a MINORITY among WG users, but it DOES happen. Both the cross entering...and the crossing out of other site's markings. I've heard of, and seen it done.

I happen to track at both sites, but enter the majority of my bills here. I keep the WG account basically so that I may enter other people's WG bills...on WG which is where they wanted those bills. It's called respect.

I DO enter some bills every month on WG also, I WOULD like a 50-stater over there, too....but I definitely enter the bulk of my bills here now.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:47 am

I feel a little differently about cross entering bills. I would never cross out a WG stamp. I always enter WG bills I find. I want to help that tracker, and I'd like to see where it goes next, too. However, I also always enter and stamp those bills with TD. I also enter in my remarks on TD that it's a WG bill along with where and when it's been entered. I don't see how that is disrespectful to the person that originally entered it. I have no prearrainged agreement with them not to enter it, and I found the bill. It's now in my possession and mine to do with as I see fit. I also try to hold on to those bills until I spend them while at work, in the terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. They have a better chance of traveling there than just about anywhere else I could spend them. If the guy in charge "over there" has a problem with what I'm doing, I'm sure he'll let me know one way or another.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:16 am

This is an example of how I deal with WG Bills. I always re-enter them on WG. I always restamp them. I always tell them I entered it and stamped it with a Trackdollar.com. I have never had them remove anything that says Trackdollar. http://www.wheresgeorge.com/report.php?key=3e9079087c14f68f6c87038ab8e6ffd663a95d02ce275204&entcnt=1
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 am

You may have found a way to defeat the censor...or maybe the censor was simply removed. It used to change "trackdollar" into "another tracking site"

I'd have to go into my archives and find one like that...when I happen across one, I'll post it.

All the same, I got reamed by the guy in charge over there about dual-entering bills, which I used to do. He said the bills were over-marked. So I stopped doing it.

Out of this comes my habit of not TD'ing other people's wild Georges. However, I'd love that to be reciprocated. And have people not enter my TD bills nto WG.

I just get the idea once a WG stamp is on the bill I'll never get a TD hit again...they might as well have crossed out my markings. which, suppose is their right, as it's their bill...but it's still dang disrespectful, IMNSHO.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavo Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:04 am

Hmmm. Some very interesting food for thought here. I'll have to ponder this for awhile. You guys all make good points about the issue.
Chavo
Chavo
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:34 pm

The censoring of TD on the WG site has been lifted for now. I dual enter all my bills, simply due to the fact that most people are used to WG and no so much of TD. They see the stamp, but don't read it, so they automatically assume it is a WG bill. I have had many dual entered bills lately only be re-entered at WG. Might as well get the hits while I can. Sometimes you will get a hit on TD that says they "mistakenly" entered the bill at WG because they did not read the stamp.

As for entering wilds, I, too, dual enter. I also dual enter my trades. I still attend WG gatherings and trade TD marked, WG stealhed bills. I let everyone know they are entered at WG so they can stalk them either by favorites or black hole hits.

I see nothing wrong with it and most of the WG community also finds that hitting TD bills, some entering them into WG, is acceptable as well. Just all in how you want to enjoy your hobby...

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Diamondback Dave wrote:The censoring of TD on the WG site has been lifted for now. I dual enter all my bills, simply due to the fact that most people are used to WG and no so much of TD. They see the stamp, but don't read it, so they automatically assume it is a WG bill. I have had many dual entered bills lately only be re-entered at WG. Might as well get the hits while I can. Sometimes you will get a hit on TD that says they "mistakenly" entered the bill at WG because they did not read the stamp.

As for entering wilds, I, too, dual enter. I also dual enter my trades. I still attend WG gatherings and trade TD marked, WG stealhed bills. I let everyone know they are entered at WG so they can stalk them either by favorites or black hole hits.

I see nothing wrong with it and most of the WG community also finds that hitting TD bills, some entering them into WG, is acceptable as well. Just all in how you want to enjoy your hobby...

Thanks for confirming for me. See, trackdollar WAS once censored on the WG site. Told ya's!!
What I did not know is that the censor was lifted.

I actually managed to slip TD onto a wild George today, and saw that it did not censor, either.

Mom got a hundred bills to enter at TD, and found a George, which I took, and gave her a clean bill.

Then I hit the George bill only on WG? and noted in the user note that mom was going to enter it on TD, but I traded it for her, and it is only entered at WG?

But I saw for myself that trackdollar no longer censors. But once upon a time, it did.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:02 am

Kalisiin wrote:
Thanks for confirming for me. See, trackdollar WAS once censored on the WG site. Told ya's!!

I actually managed to slip TD onto a wild George today, and saw that it did not censor, either.

Mom got a hundred bills to enter at TD, and found a George, which I took, and gave her a clean bill.

Then I hit the George bill only on WG? and noted in the user note that mom was going to enter it on TD, but I traded it for her, and it is only entered at WG?

But I saw for myself that trackdollar no longer censors. But once upon a time, it did.

Thats right, it was censored due to the fact of all the negative things being said about Hank in this forum. It was censored about the time I was banned. Hank and I had an e-mail conversation, I apologized to him as well as to the people in the forums who read what I had said about him in here. When the fires finally died down, he allowed TD to be mentioned in the WG notes. I intend to keep it that way. There is no reason to bash WG or anyone on it as well as them bashing us. It is all a hobby and the crap is not necessary. So, let's keep it that way here so the two sites can continue to handshake and not hand slap, dig? Very Happy

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 am

Diamondback Dave wrote:
Kalisiin wrote:

Thats right, it was censored due to the fact of all the negative things being said about Hank in this forum. It was censored about the time I was banned. Hank and I had an e-mail conversation, I apologized to him as well as to the people in the forums who read what I had said about him in here. When the fires finally died down, he allowed TD to be mentioned in the WG notes. I intend to keep it that way. There is no reason to bash WG or anyone on it as well as them bashing us. It is all a hobby and the crap is not necessary. So, let's keep it that way here so the two sites can continue to handshake and not hand slap, dig? Very Happy
In that spirit, I am responding in PM to this.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down