TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bucketlist hit...

3 posters

Go down

A bucketlist hit... Empty A bucketlist hit...

Post  papa Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:02 pm

I spent this bill on the drive down to Titusville, FL where we parked to watch the Space Shuttle, Discovery lift off.
http://www.trackdollar.com/report.htm?url=BH72E24239D0CCB2241F65E71C43534A0525FFE219
papa
papa
New

Back to top Go down

A bucketlist hit... Empty Re: A bucketlist hit...

Post  Kalisiin Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Why is this a "bucketlist" hit? Curious.

And wasn't Discovery the one that broke up over Texas in 2003?

EDIT: Never mind...it just occurred to me that it was COLUMBIA...not Discovery.

Challenger went up with the teacher on board in 1987. I know this because it is one of my strongest memories of childhood.
A teacher I had was on the ten finalists list for the mission...so it struck an especially powerful chord for me when Challenger went.

Now, in 2003, I had moved back to Texas (both shuttles that blew up did so while I was living in Texas)...and I thought it was Discovery that went up in 2003.

In either case, I remember well being woken up by a loud bang. I had no idea what it was...five minutes later, my mom was on the phone from Pennsylvania, frantic, and asking if I was okay. I still didn't know why...she just told me to turn on the TV...so I did...and learned that the shuttle had blown up on re-entry...almost dead over Austin, Texas.

I told my mom I was fine...and that she REALLY ought to be worried more about my brother, who then lived in Nacogdoches, Texas. I told her that if the thing blew up over my head, traveling east/northeast...then the momentum of the pieces would pose a greater danger to my brother.

Sure enough...Nacogdoches is where most of the pieces came down...although my bother was just fine.

Anyway...I was pretty sure that Discovery was the one that blew up then.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

A bucketlist hit... Empty Why is this a bucketlist hit...

Post  papa Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Hello Kalisiin,
I need to correct my spelling...Correct spelling is "Bucket List". Two words, not one word. My mistake... Embarassed
For a better understanding of what Bucket List is, Google this movie title "The Bucket List" staring Jack Nicholson
and Morgan Freeman. One thing on my Bucket List was to see a shuttle lift off. I can now remove that from my Bucket List.
Thanks for the history lesson on the shuttle disasters. I too, remember both explosions. Hope something like that never happens again.

I too, stand with the workers of Wisconsin!
papa
papa
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:58 pm

papa wrote:Hello Kalisiin,
I need to correct my spelling...Correct spelling is "Bucket List". Two words, not one word. My mistake... Embarassed
For a better understanding of what Bucket List is, Google this movie title "The Bucket List" staring Jack Nicholson
and Morgan Freeman. One thing on my Bucket List was to see a shuttle lift off. I can now remove that from my Bucket List.
Thanks for the history lesson on the shuttle disasters. I too, remember both explosions. Hope something like that never happens again.

I too, stand with the workers of Wisconsin!

Now off to race those Ford Mustangs

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum