TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Toms??

5 posters

Go down

Top Toms?? Empty Top Toms??

Post  sends2aaron Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:46 am

Would anyone be interested in doing this here? If you've tracked elsewhere before, you're probably already familiar with what "Top Toms" is all about
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Top Toms?? Empty Re: Top Toms??

Post  Kalisiin Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:51 am

Personally, I am not a fan of Tom (my idea is...you get one stamped bill out there that costs you $2 instead of 2 stamped bills out there for the same 2 bucks) BUT...I'm in favor of doing this, for those who are interested,...who knows, it might bring a few more people over from the Dark Side.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:58 pm

My "Top Tom" stat here is 77 Toms. I am thinking of devoting April 2011 to Tom-ing, since that is his birth month.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 am

1960 entered with 22 hits. Will have another 50 on Friday, if I don't recieve any sooner from other possible locations.

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:15 am

Happy Birthday, Tom!

So, I go to the bank to get some Toms. I ask the teller - "Do you have any $ 2 bills?", he says "I'll check." While I am waiting for him to secure $ 60 worth from another teller, I tell him and his coworker "Today is Thomas Jefferson's birthday". They look at me like "huh?". I say, "you know, the guy on the Two." It takes a moment, but the 20 watt light bulb slowly turns on. When the teller hands me my Toms he says "Happy Birthday".
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:37 pm

eeesh...I'm not sure what is funnier...the reaction you just got at your bank...or the reaction of the teenage cashier at the fast-food joint when you run up a bill of 9 dollars and change...and hand him a five and three Toms. It's great to watch these kids heads explode!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 pm

My favorite thing to do is run up a bill of between $3.51 - $3.99 and pay with a tom, a one-dollar coin, a half-dollar, and whatever other change is necessary. Now that REALLY throws them for a loop.

Kalisiin wrote:eeesh...I'm not sure what is funnier...the reaction you just got at your bank...or the reaction of the teenage cashier at the fast-food joint when you run up a bill of 9 dollars and change...and hand him a five and three Toms. It's great to watch these kids heads explode!
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:11 pm

That's a good one, too...but the nine bucks and change thing...the reason that is funny...is because they can't seem to wrap their brain around the concept that you ought to get back one dollar and change.

It's sad that kids seem to get thru school these days without being able to do math. they can't make right change without a computer to tell them how much to give back....how sad.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I used 7 Toms at Best Buy last year. The high school age cashier called the manager to see if they took them.

Also, in regards to poor math skills: While driving across northern NV, I stopped at a Subway. I told the 12 year old looking cashier I was driving and asked if she could cut the sandwich in quarters because it makes it much easier to eat. She blankly stared at me, then said she didn't know how to do that, but could cut it in thirds. It was my turn to be dumbfounded and hope that what she had wasn't contagious.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Tony wrote:I used 7 Toms at Best Buy last year. The high school age cashier called the manager to see if they took them.

Also, in regards to poor math skills: While driving across northern NV, I stopped at a Subway. I told the 12 year old looking cashier I was driving and asked if she could cut the sandwich in quarters because it makes it much easier to eat. She blankly stared at me, then said she didn't know how to do that, but could cut it in thirds. It was my turn to be dumbfounded and hope that what she had wasn't contagious.

Tony

That's funny! Did ya tell her to cut it in half...and then cut the halves in half?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:34 pm

No, I didn't say anything. When I walked out with my sandwich in thirds, I was looking for the trail of bread crumbs so she could find her way home.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Tony wrote:No, I didn't say anything. When I walked out with my sandwich in thirds, I was looking for the trail of bread crumbs so she could find her way home.
Laughing

Hey, seriously, Markus...anything being done to put in a Top Toms list?
Personally, I have little interest in it, since I enter almost exclusively ones. But it might attract more users here, so I think it ought to be done.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down