TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found My First TD Wild Bill

+2
sends2aaron
Kalisiin
6 posters

Go down

Found My First TD Wild Bill Empty Found My First TD Wild Bill

Post  Kalisiin Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:54 am

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Found My First TD Wild Bill Empty Re: Found My First TD Wild Bill

Post  sends2aaron Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 pm

You should hit it. Just do so as a guest.

I don't know what your views are, but I wouldn't consider it cheating; you spent it and it came back to you via natural circulation.

I've probably hit 20-30 of my own bills
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Maybe. But it sorta feels cheap to me to do that. I guess I have spent too long at that other place.
I'm happy to just update my notes and move it along.

Just doesn't seem like a real hit...if it's your own bill already, and no hit in between!

On the other hand...the other place has come up with a thing called "alternate hits" which count as a big fat zero...and one of the things that will cause you to get an "alternate hit" instead of a real hit...is if someone puts your bill in a Geocache!

I sorta think that sucks, because...you can't control what is done with your bill when you spend it. If someone else puts in in a Geocache...why should you be penalized with getting no more hits on the bill? It isn't as if I put it in a Geocache.

Oh, well, rules are rules...this place is nice for having fewer rules - but, all the same...with no hit in between, it just doesn't feel good to hit your own bill...at least not to me.

Now, if it had a hit or two in between...had maybe gone to, say, Texas, and then came back...I'd have no problem hitting it.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:50 am

Well, at leadt you found one of your own bills. That is encouraging.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:22 am

dctim wrote:Well, at leadt you found one of your own bills. That is encouraging.

Yeah. But I'd rather someone else find it...LOL!!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Kalisiin wrote:Maybe. But it sorta feels cheap to me to do that. I guess I have spent too long at that other place.
I'm happy to just update my notes and move it along.

Just doesn't seem like a real hit...if it's your own bill already, and no hit in between!

On the other hand...the other place has come up with a thing called "alternate hits" which count as a big fat zero...and one of the things that will cause you to get an "alternate hit" instead of a real hit...is if someone puts your bill in a Geocache!

I sorta think that sucks, because...you can't control what is done with your bill when you spend it. If someone else puts in in a Geocache...why should you be penalized with getting no more hits on the bill? It isn't as if I put it in a Geocache.

Oh, well, rules are rules...this place is nice for having fewer rules - but, all the same...with no hit in between, it just doesn't feel good to hit your own bill...at least not to me.

Now, if it had a hit or two in between...had maybe gone to, say, Texas, and then came back...I'd have no problem hitting it.
I know at another tracking site it matters if your bill is put in a geocache but are you saying it is the case here as well? If a dollar is put into a geocache it is not treated as a trackable. It is a trade item more or less meaning it will get traded for something else and likely spent or stolen by someone or get lost when the geocache goes missing. Too many of them wind up missing. I did one hide the original container vanished within days. I camoed the container and it has been there since August now. Same spot.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 am

I do not think Geocache bills will be controlled here like in WG...

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:44 am

Matt, I should have been a bit plainer....HERE it doesn't matter if the bill is put in a Geocache. It is at the other place that it matters. You don't get credit for the hits, anymore, at the other place. If someone puts in the bill notes that they found it in a Geocache...you might as well send a form in, because as soon as they find it, they will take the hit away from you. Better to get it over and done with.

As an aside, I have put a default message on all my bills over there now...
"Please don't put me in a Geocache! Thanks."
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  kidgame2001 Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Congrats on finding your first TD wild! Stinks that its your own bill. I have yet to find any wilds for this site. I've found plenty of marked bills for the other site though.

Also, Kalisiin, don't I know you from that other site as well, since we're on that subject? Might you be the same Kalisiin I met at Hot Dog Johnny's in September?

kidgame2001
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 am

kidgame2001 wrote:Congrats on finding your first TD wild! Stinks that its your own bill. I have yet to find any wilds for this site. I've found plenty of marked bills for the other site though.

Also, Kalisiin, don't I know you from that other site as well, since we're on that subject? Might you be the same Kalisiin I met at Hot Dog Johnny's in September?

Indeed, yes, I am that same...not quite the one and only Kalisiin, since I do come in six-packs... Laughing

Nice to see another WG'er over here also entering bills on this site.

I enter bills on both sites, but I no longer dual-enter the bills. What I do now is - the nicer bills get marked here at TD...the rattier bills get marked over there.
I'm sorta running my own "Crispy versus Crappy" experiment over about the next six months.

Once I get even on the number of bills entered on both sites, we will see what happens next. A lot of it depends on the actions of certain people on that other site.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  kidgame2001 Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:40 pm

That crispy vs crappy experiment sounds like a good idea! Let us know how it turns out!

kidgame2001
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 pm

kidgame2001 wrote:That crispy vs crappy experiment sounds like a good idea! Let us know how it turns out!

I'll let you know here.

I'm not bringing up hardly ANYTHING there anymore. I have had enough grief.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  kidgame2001 Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:18 pm

That's fine. It'll be good to know the results of your experiment.

As for over there, I know what you mean. I was reading that one "Star Trek bingo" topics, and saw all the chaos going on. I wasn't being nosy or anything, I just saw several references and links to it. I see that many of the people there were in fact ganging up on you or being mean. Theres no need for any of that stuff.

I wouldn't go posting in that topic, since I don't want to be the target of any attacks. After reading some of your posts there I can see about all the grief and attacks they give upon you. Theres no need for any of that to happen. (Note, that if I were to post, It would most likely be in your defense)

I say, Why can't we all just get along, and have fun tracking money? That's what this site (and the other) is for, right!

kidgame2001
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down