TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missed My Chance At A Good Serendipity Bill Today...GRRRR

3 posters

Go down

Missed My Chance At A Good Serendipity Bill Today...GRRRR Empty Missed My Chance At A Good Serendipity Bill Today...GRRRR

Post  Kalisiin Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:59 pm

I was in the parking lot at KMart, when what before my eyes should behold...but a minivan with Ontario license plates!! Well, I got thinking up a good way to get a Canada hit...I wrote down the serial number of a bill, so I could notre it later as having been placed serendipitously.

My plan was simple...stuff it inside the guy's fuel door!! But then some folks came out of the store, and went to the car parked right in front of it, so I had to wait for those folks to leave...didn't want them to think I was mesing with the other guy's car...

Well, before they managed to FINALLY leave...the folks with the Ontario plates came out...so no good. But I am gonna do that one sometime...when I find an unattended car with plates from a state I don't yet have....gonna stuff a marked bill right into their fuel door, so that they get a nice little surprise next time they gas up...and hope that they will then take the bill to their home state and hit it for me.

Not that a buck buys much gas anymore, but who could not appreciate finding a dollar bill when they next go to feul up their car??
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Missed My Chance At A Good Serendipity Bill Today...GRRRR Empty Re: Missed My Chance At A Good Serendipity Bill Today...GRRRR

Post  dctim Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm thinking you will get another chance at Ontario, considering how "close" you are.

I did something similar, nearly 7 years ago. I was in Williamsburg, VA - driving tourist mecca. I had 20 envelopes and a little typewritten note with a One inside each. I placed them under the windshield wipers. I think I got 3-4 hits off that bunch, including my first in California.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Missed My Chance At A Good Serendipity Bill Today...GRRRR Empty Re: Missed My Chance At A Good Serendipity Bill Today...GRRRR

Post  Tony Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:58 pm

I did something similar too. I put a single in a tray of US mail being flown to Anchorage and also one in a tray going to Honolulu. So far, I haven't gotten a hit on either bill. Sad

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Tony and Sara wrote:I did something similar too. I put a single in a tray of US mail being flown to Anchorage and also one in a tray going to Honolulu. So far, I haven't gotten a hit on either bill. Sad

Tony

But you never know...you just might get one! That's the beauty of a serendipity bill.
Hell, the guy I had in mind might not have hit it...but then, maybe he would. Maybe he'd spend it elsewhere in Ontario (there are Canadian stores that accept US Dollars...the value of both currencies are now almost equal, anyway) and then someone ELSE might hit it...never know.

but a serendipity bill like that is sorta cool...kinda sorta "steering" it a little bit without actually "engineering" a hit.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down