TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bills in my collection

3 posters

Go down

Bills in my collection Empty Bills in my collection

Post  dctim Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:16 pm

I can only find one scan of one of my bills at the moment, but it is a pretty cool one:

Bills in my collection Edited_third_print_shift

This is what is known as a Third Print Shift. The backside is the first print, most of the front side elements are the second print. The third print is the green ink serial number & Federal Reserve Seal and the Federal Reserve Bank number (black ink "2", in this case).

The "shift" happens when a sheet gets partially caught in the machinery and the third print elements get put into the wrong place.

All of the BEPs printing processes have acceptable tolerances and the note pictured above is considered a fairly significant error.

Last edited by dctim on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Bills in my collection Empty Re: Bills in my collection

Post  sends2aaron Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:53 pm

dctim wrote:I can only find one scan of one of my bills at the moment, but it is a pretty cool one:

Bills in my collection 755b157e

This is what is known as a Third Print Shift. The backside is the first print, most of the front side elements are the second print. The third print is the green ink serial number & Federal Reserve Seal and the Federal Reserve Bank number (black ink "2", in this case).

The "shift" happens when a sheet gets partially caught in the machinery and the third print elements get put into the wrong place.

All of the BEPs printing processes have acceptable tolerances and the note pictured above is considered a fairly significant error.

I agree, that is pretty cool. I understand you collect currency and coins; how much would you estimate this bill to be worth?
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:43 pm

It is probably worth tens of dollars. I have not gotten it appraised, so I really don't know.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:06 pm

I didn't realize the BEP would release bills with that much of an error. It doesn't sound like it's worth a significant amount, so they must get into circulation on less than rare occasions. Though finding one in as good as condition as yours would probably be difficult.

On a similar note (no pun intended), I was reading about web bills that were printed for the 1988A, 1993, and 1995 series. Those must be tough to find. Wikipedia, I believe, said that those bills were going for $300 and up for circulated bills. Seems like with as many bills as we go through, one of us would stumble across one of these. Anyone know anything more about these?

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:15 pm

I have 21 Web Press notes in my collection. None of them were (the last I checked) worth even $ 30, much less $ 300.

I barely ever even find a 95, 93 or an 88A in circulation. Seeing at how few are entered at TrackDollar, no one else is seeing them, either.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Ok, that seems like a much more reasonable amount, as there were tens of millions of them released. Did you find those in circulation?

Yeah, we don't find too many. It would be fun to find one, as opposed to buying one at a show. Like pulling your favorite player from a pack of cards is a lot more fun than buying that same card at a show. But either way, it adds to your collection and is cool to have.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:21 am

I have scanned and uploaded samples from my collection into their own Photobucket Album.

Feel free to check them out. If you have questions or comments about any, let me know.

[u][b]https://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d126/tboyerva/Currency/?start=0[/b][/u]
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down