TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar

+3
Tony
dctim
Admin
7 posters

Go down

How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar Empty How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar

Post  Admin Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi,
lets hear what TOP 10 list we come up with, I start with a few:

a) you check for hits in the morning before you make coffee
b) you are at your grocery store waiting in line to pay, the person in front of you pays with 12 unmarked ones, you have this funny nervous feeling... lol
c) you buy a cell phone with internet to enter bills whereever you are
d) banks, you only use drive thru lane, you just can't enter the bank, it hurts so much to see all these unmarked bills everywhere
e) you did not get a hit for 7 days, you feel like you had no food for 7 days.

lol!

allright, let me know more of that

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar Empty Re: How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar

Post  dctim Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:34 pm

a) You check the All Bills - Hits >= 1 every half hour or so to check how many hits Dr. William Stamper has received since your last check.
b) You keep a spreadheet with every hit with a tab specifically for new counties and a tab specifically with Series, Denomination, FRB and block to see if any empty spots can be filled in.
c) You maintain your own maps because Marcus has not gotten around to maps for Virginia, Maryland and DC.
d) You promote TrackDollar at every opprotunity, most importantly by getting Entered and Marked bills into circulation.
e) You check the forums several times a day to see what the other users are talking about.

^^ GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS ^^
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar Empty Re: How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar

Post  Tony Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:29 am

Hi. My name is Tony, and I'm a TrackDollar-aholic.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

How do you know you are addicted to TrackDollar Empty How would anyone know if I'm addicted to TrackDollar

Post  Darrel Thu May 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Just ask my wife!
A. If you ask the cashier, "Could I please have change for this in one dollar bills?"
B. If the clerk says the sale is $139.01, I give her 140 one dollar bills because I wouldn't ever give her a penny and miss out on giving her that extra marked one dollar bill.
C. If you are out of one dollar bills and pull up to a QT gas station just to buy a .35 cent pack of gum and refer to letter A.
D. If the clerk cannot give you the entire amount of change in one dollar bills ask, "How many one dollar bills can you spare a guy?"
E. When you always pay your bill at your favorite Mexican food joint, and the woman at the cash register, waits until your wife heads for the table and asks in a whispered voice, "What's with all the ones? Are you a stripper?" (This actually happened to me and I can’t imagine I would ever look like one.)
F. If you ask your kids if they have any one dollar bills when you are out or if you have excessive ones, you ask them how many they can trade you for larger bills.
G. When you ask your wife if you can buy a brick of ones with your tax return.
H. When you go to a yard sale just to see if they are out of change, especially ones.
J. Would the highlight of your day be finding a one dollar bill in the gutter just so you could get home, enter and stamp that bill?
K. Do you eaves drop other people's conversations near the snack machine hoping they will be asking for change?
L. Do collect soda cans just so you can earn unmarked bills.
M. Have you dreamed of taking a second job dealing with cash tips so you can earn more unmarked dollar bills.
N. Do you envy the Pizza Delivery Person because they can get new unmarked bills and hand out their marked ones.
O. I am going to have another yard sale some day. Every poor soul that buys something from my yard sale will get all one dollar bills as change.
P. Do you trade in your quarters to a soda vending machine friend for ones?
Q. Do you want to start your own vending machine company just to get all those dirty little one dollar bills?
R. Have you searched on the internet for plasma donating centers?
S. Do you decide which Wal-Mart to go to whether or not it has self check out registers?
T. If you find a self check out register do you purchase each inexpensive item individually with large bills just so you can get the maximum change?
U. If you buy a high dollar item at a self check register do you put all one dollar bills in and then a twenty at the end, just so you can get the most unmarked bills?
V. Do you want to go on a far far away vacation just so your marked bills get the maximum travel?
W. Do you sneak bills out of your wife’s wallet, hope she has receipts with the bills so you can document where that bill came from?
X. After you enter the bills from your wife’s purse do you make change with the bills and put the same amount back in her purse, but now they are all ones?
Y. Do your ears perk up when you hear of someone, even a total stranger, going out of state on business, pleasure or other?
Z. Do you try and trade bills with them?

If you answer YES to most of these, or if you think…How come I didn’t think of that, then you might be addicted to TrackDollar!

Last edited by Darrel on Thu May 27, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Expand the list)

Darrel
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Thu May 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Welcome to the forums, Darrel!!

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 pm

While making a trip to the bank, to buy more one dollar bills, I stop for a soda at Circle K. Total cost: $0.86. I have a pocketfull of $1's. But I choose to use a $10. I get change back that way. I get back in the car and check the bills. "O-six, O-six, O-six, and an O-three A," I read aloud. And the five. . ."O-six." Oooo. I forgot to check the block letters. Again I'm disappointed. Nothing higher than an "N."

I feel a dark cloud coming over me as I pull back into traffic. Then it hits me. . . the only reason for this trip was to get more ones at the bank. The sudden twitching in my arm stops and the tears threatening to overflow down my cheeks dry up. All is well again. I will soon have dollar bills to sort, stamp, and enter on TrackDollar.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:19 am

Hi, I'm Angela, and I'm a TrackDollar-aholic, too.

Here's some of mine...

A. You actually ask the pastor at church if you can raid the collection plate for dollar bills, and put an equivalent amount in $20's $5's or whatever to replace it. I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS!! And he let me!

B. You got 20 miles away to get your gas, because it is a green-light vendor that wants all your dollar bills and never complains about them...and it is a truck-stop along a major east-west highway, where bills can get a free lift out west! I ALWAYS GET MY GAS AT THIS PLACE, THEY KNOW ME THERE....they actually call me the dollar-bill lady.

C. If you have a special arrangement with your local convenience store so that, when you come in, and they are low on ones...they know to ask you...and you will sell them 100 or more marked bills at a pop.

D. If the employees of the same convenience store know you, and know to save any marked bills they come across for you...as long as they do NOT have your own signature stamp on them...and they actually KNOW your signature stamp.

E. If you always get in on neighborhood gossip to find out who's traveling where...and recruit those neighbors into being Appleseeds for you...that is to say, you talk them into taking a scad of your bills with them on vacation - I DO THIS ROUTINELY...in fact, a scad of my bills are going to the Virgin Islands in August...courtesy of a neighbor Appleseed.

F. If you NEVER pay with exact change - you'd never give the guy 13 cents when you could give him another marked bill and take 87 cents in change!

G. If you have actually programmed in a special ringtone into your phone JUST for Trackdollar hits...and you dance whenever you hear that ringtone. GUILTY AS CHARGED!!

H. If you actually have dreams about Trackdollar.

I. If you regularly give Markus a small donation to help cover the costs of running this website (HINT, HINT folks!!)

J. If you hardly EVER spend anything but $1 bills...MARKED $1 bills. You don't even use credit cards unless it totally can't be helped.

K. If you get panicked when you discover you may not have enough marked ones on you to get you through your day, and you may actually have to spend some unmarked bills of other denominations.

L. If you get withdrawal pains after having a no-hit day.

M. If you own a County Coloring Book and you color in all the counties you have hits in...and you even color-code them by which year in which the county was first hit.

I AM GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS OF THESE!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am

Darrell, I laughed my ass off at this one...the only one on your list I, myself have not yet done, or even thought of...

T. If you find a self check out register do you purchase each inexpensive item individually with large bills just so you can get the maximum change?

On the other hand, I HAD, on many occasions done almost the reverse of this...

U. If you buy a high dollar item at a self check register do you put all one dollar bills in and then a twenty at the end, just so you can get the most unmarked bills?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  goldswimmerbj Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 pm

I sometimes find my self with five ones then asking for a five somewhere, then I go back a week latter and break the five and repeat6 this cycle. afro

goldswimmerbj
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down