TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feds Urge Banks to Call Police for Withdrawals of $5,000 or More

5 posters

Go down

Feds Urge Banks to Call Police for Withdrawals of $5,000 or More Empty Feds Urge Banks to Call Police for Withdrawals of $5,000 or More

Post  Darth Slurpee Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Feds Urge Banks to Call Police for Withdrawals of $5,000 or More Empty Re: Feds Urge Banks to Call Police for Withdrawals of $5,000 or More

Post  Kalisiin Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 am

OK, look....I know Alex Jones PERSONALLY.  (I didn't even need to click the link, I saw "infowars" and knew it was Alex Jones.)

I used to tape a call-in show on cable in Austin, Texas, when I lived there...and have had occasion to cross paths with Alex when he was taping his shows at the same studio...Cable Access Austin.

Alex is a conspiracy theorist, and an alarmist.  Now...personally, he's a decent guy, but most of his stuff is way out to lunch.  He is known to be an alarmist and an extremist, the better to sell some of his conspiracy documentaries.  He puts just enough fact into his pieces to lend creedence to the mountain of B.S. he is selling.  He's good at what he does.

That said...I do know banks already DO inform the IRS on transactions in excess of $10,000.

By the way...in case anyone doubts I know Alex...if you order any of his tapes, when you call in...you are not getting Alex at all. What you are getting is an answering service in Austin, Texas, called Hastings Communications - and I worked for them for a couple of months when I first moved back to Austin in 2000. I took orders for Alex Jones long before I ended up knowing him personally, through doing my own Cable Access program thru Austin Cablevision. Anyway, Hastings takes his orders. At least, in 2000 they did, and I suspect they still do today.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Feds Urge Banks to Call Police for Withdrawals of $5,000 or More Empty Re: Feds Urge Banks to Call Police for Withdrawals of $5,000 or More

Post  dctim Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:28 am

The Fed/IRS rule on withdrawals over $ 10,000 was in place when I was a bank teller. That was 1980.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks for the BS alert, Kalisiin. Good to know. I hate that stuff, sounds like you do too
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Jack002 wrote:Thanks for the BS alert, Kalisiin. Good to know. I hate that stuff, sounds like you do too

No problem.
You just want to know that you take anything fom Alex Jones with a grain of salt.  There's usually, as I said...some truth in what he says...but only enough to lend creedence to the mountain of bullcrap he is pushing.
Now, don't get me wrong, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy...but you just want to take it for what it is.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Large transactions under the limit might be used to dodge the limit, which is itself illegal.

Yeah, Alex Jones is way out there, but a broken clock is right twice a day. Not sure if this is one of those times.

Ironic that conspiracy theorists talk about hidden agendas and have a hidden agenda of selling their stuff.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Alan From Rochester wrote:Large transactions under the limit might be used to dodge the limit, which is itself illegal.

Yeah, Alex Jones is way out there, but a broken clock is right twice a day. Not sure if this is one of those times.

Ironic that conspiracy theorists talk about hidden agendas and have a hidden agenda of selling their stuff.

Indeed. Just passing on what I know about Alex Jones...from knowing the guy personally. As I said, he's a decent guy, and he DOES sometimes manage to get hold of a really good nugget...but most of what he is saying is pretty much out to lunch. He could actually be a pretty good investigative reporter if that was what he wanted.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down