TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

+4
Diamondback Dave
Chavo
Tony
Kalisiin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:31 pm

This will be far different that last time, as there will be no prizes, no winners, no losers, no entry fee, all may participate.

Simply, we will collectively try to fill in as much of the map as we can...just post up your county hits.

In order to eliminate any form of competition whatsoever, there will be no standings page, you can keep track of your own if you want to. The map will be colored in as counties are hit...a different color for whatever month the county was hit in - the color will not indicate WHO got the hit.

This way there is just cooperation, no competition....nothing to create possible bad feelings.

My original intent with this, last year...was simply to bring more people to the forums more frequently and try to build a little community. The competition aspects made this effort backfire, and I regret that.

Hopefully, this way, there will be no bad feelings, cooperation over competition...and we can try to build something together.

All who wish to participate may do so...those who do not wish to participate....that is your choice, you are welcome to participate. Please post links to the hits.

As before, we will have a map and a spreadsheet, so that one may see which counties have already been hit....but nothing on the map or spreadsheet will indicate WHO got the hit...thus competition is totally eliminated...and, along with it....any reason for bad feelings.

Please specify any hits for August or previous months, thanks.

Last edited by Kalisiin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty Re: August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Spreadsheet Link...................Link to Full Size Map
Spreadsheet current thru Anderson County, South Carolina thru August Thread.
Map is colored in up thru Anderson, SC (8/30). Next Map update will be around 9/15/12.
Currently, we still need a hit in Vermont, and all territories/military areas except PR, DC and AE.
We have achieved over 24% county coverage so far!!
August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Qs7fwg

Last edited by Kalisiin on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty Re: August/September Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:12 pm

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 am

August hit:

Meagher, MT
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavo Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:12 am

Do you need my few counties, or should I have started at the start of the year to participate?
Chavo
Chavo
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Chavo Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:22 am

If you can use them, they are:

Mont.....Fergus County
Cascade County
Yellowstone County

Flor.....Volusia County

Chavo
Chavo
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for adding Chavo. You can jump in any time.
Check the Spreadsheet link to see what counties have already been taken.

I'll check these for you.

We do need Fergus, Cascade and Volusia, FL.
Yellowstone was already taken for this year.

By the way, this is an every year thing so we will start fresh next year.

You DO have to post up the links for me to be able to accept them.
The way you do this is to copy this bill report URL...which shows up on the bill report.

Push the seventeenth button from the left, it looks like a sideways 8 a little bit. If you hover over that button with your mouse and don't press it - eventually "Link" will show up. that's the button you want.
Plug the URL in the top line of the box that opens...type the name of the county that was hit on that bill report in the lower box.

I can't accept the ones you posted right now, because you have not provided the links. Go back to that post and put the links in, and we are good.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:26 pm

What would be considered a hit for the Armed Forces Americas, Europe, and Pacific?

I've had hits from bases within the US (Camp Pendleton, Luke AFB), and a hit today from a service member in Afghanastan. Do any of these count towards that, or should I be looking for something different?

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Tony wrote:What would be considered a hit for the Armed Forces Americas, Europe, and Pacific?

I've had hits from bases within the US (Camp Pendleton, Luke AFB), and a hit today from a service member in Afghanastan. Do any of these count towards that, or should I be looking for something different?

Tony

You should ask Markus if he has things coded for AE, AP, and AA. Or do they just come up as International...in whatever country. Because I am not sure.

I do know that Afghanistan would be under AE...but it may depend on how the bill is entered or where. Seriously, ask Markus about this for clarification.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:26 am

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am

Tony wrote:Lyon, NV

And subject to approval:

Jalalabad, Afghanastan, Armed Forces Europe

I need Markus for this one. I do not know if he has programmed specifically for AE, AA, and AP.

Markus??
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Chavo wrote:If you can use them, they are:

Mont.....Fergus County
Cascade County
Yellowstone County

Flor.....Volusia County

Thanks for PM'ing this to me...I will fix it and this will show you how I like them to look in the future.
Just use the "Link" button on the Forum here.

Volusia County, Florida
Fergus County, Montana
Cascade County, Montana

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  YellowRose Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 pm

YellowRose
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:22 am

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:27 pm

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 am

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:43 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:12 am

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next