TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

+2
ELECTRIC RED
Kalisiin
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 pm

This will be far different that last time, as there will be no prizes, no winners, no losers, no entry fee, all may participate.

Simply, we will collectively try to fill in as much of the map as we can...just post up your county hits.

In order to eliminate any form of competition whatsoever, there will be no standings page, you can keep track of your own if you want to. The map will be colored in as counties are hit...a different color for whatever month the county was hit in - the color will not indicate WHO got the hit.

This way there is just cooperation, no competition....nothing to create possible bad feelings.

My original intent with this, last year...was simply to bring more people to the forums more frequently and try to build a little community. The competition aspects made this effort backfire, and I regret that.

Hopefully, this way, there will be no bad feelings, cooperation over competition...and we can try to build something together.

All who wish to participate may do so...those who do not wish to participate....that is your choice, you are welcome to participate. Please post links to the hits.

As before, we will have a map and a spreadsheet, so that one may see which counties have already been hit....but nothing on the map or spreadsheet will indicate WHO got the hit...thus competition is totally eliminated...and, along with it....any reason for bad feelings.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty Re: April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  Kalisiin Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Spreadsheet Link
Spreadsheet current thru Clay County, Missouri on page 4thru 4/21.
Link to Full Size Map
Map is colored in up thru Clay, MO (4/21). Next Map update will be around 4/30/12.
Currently, we still need hits in MS, RI, VT, and all territories except PR.

April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge T9idkw

Last edited by Kalisiin on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge Empty Re: April Hits: Cooperative County Challenge

Post  ELECTRIC RED Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:21 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Frederick County, Maryland

This Hit shows Roanoke City, VA

However, portions of that Zip Code lie outside the boundries of the city: See Here

I am okay with whatever is decided on this.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 pm

dctim wrote:Frederick County, Maryland

This Hit shows Roanoke City, VA

However, portions of that Zip Code lie outside the boundries of the city: See Here

I am okay with whatever is decided on this.

Well, it is impossible to tell whether that was hit in Roanoke City...or County. Here's the thing...

Roanoke County is already taken.
zip-codes.com also shows this as a multi-county zip code...see here (you have to click on the zip code when this page comes up to see that it IS a multi-county Zip...)

You'll notice lots of zip codes for the city of Roanoke on the page my link brings you to...
Many are listed as County: Roanoke City, some liked as just Roanoke (meaning Roanoke County) and even a couple listed in Salem County and Botetourt County.

However, on the front page...it does list 24012 as Roanoke City - so I assume this means the MAJORITY of that zip code falls within Roanoke City...rather than the County. So I think this can be a valid Roanoke City hit.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks for the ruling on Roanoke City. Time for another county - Arlington, VA, which I can walk to from my office building, but takes until April 2 for me to get a hit there.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:50 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 am

dctim wrote:Thanks for the ruling on Roanoke City. Time for another county - Arlington, VA, which I can walk to from my office building, but takes until April 2 for me to get a hit there.

No problem on the ruling. I agonized over that one though...I wanted to JUSTIFY it...not just go ahead with it, as Roanoke County was taken...I did not want it to be seen as just taking the easy way to a new hit...so I researched, and, with all my research, I think anyone can see why a valid ruling was given. A lot of thought went into it - because, as I said, I did not want to appear to just be taking the easy path - county is taken so let it be a City hit...there is no way to be 100 percent sure on the hit you submitted, but...it would seem the majority of the zip code is within city limits.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:56 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Last edited by Tony on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:59 am

Last edited by Kalisiin on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:25 am

Here is another VA Independent City: Fairfax City, VA
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:12 pm

Last edited by Tony on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 pm

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 am

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:49 pm

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Last edited by Tony on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 am

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:39 am

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:59 pm

ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:16 am

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:33 am

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next