TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bad stamps

4 posters

Go down

bad stamps Empty bad stamps

Post  cylon Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:25 pm

What do you do when the first attempt at stamping a bill is unreadable.
Do you stamp it again
leave it go
try to remove the first stamp.

every so often one of my stamps come out unreadable. i am using a round stamp. usually i stamp the left side around the federal reserve seal, but if the stamp is unreadable I sometimes I restamp the right side. The thing I worry about is over marking bills
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

bad stamps Empty Re: bad stamps

Post  Matt_How Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:39 am

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Two stamps is no big deal especially if it is only on bills that don't take. Most likely this is the first bill you stamp out of a group right? Try stamping a piece of paper first to get the right ink coverage. Must be plenty of junk mail you can put to good use.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Well, I think the round FRB seal stamp is hard to line up and can lead to many a bad, unreadable stamp.

I like the rectangular stamp...you can stamp it just to the left of Washington, above the left-side serial number, and to the right of the FRB seal.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

bad stamps Empty Use a pen

Post  W5WMW Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:21 pm

For the bigger stamps, like the Stamp-Connection "band stamp" in the margins, I often use a Zig Writer pen to ink in the missing part of the letters, especially the website name. It's hard to stamp over it, but it can be done with big stamps. If it's totally screwed up, I'll just stamp it again on a different part of the margin.

W5WMW
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down