TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got to my 7th Zip Entered

2 posters

Go down

Just got to my 7th Zip Entered Empty Just got to my 7th Zip Entered

Post  dctim Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Just the other night, I entered bills in my seventh zip code. Okay, not much of a celebration, but since my hits have slowed down lately, I get my achievements anyway I can.

22151 Springfield, VA (Fairfax) 2,550
22042 Falls Church, VA (Fairfax) 1,314
44114 Cleveland, OH (Cuyahoga) 40
23185 Williamsburg, VA (James City) 31
21612 Bozman, MD (Talbot) 25
14604 Rochester, NY (Monroe) 25
23060 Glen Allen, VA (Henrico) 17 <<-- Newest

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Just got to my 7th Zip Entered Empty Re: Just got to my 7th Zip Entered

Post  Kalisiin Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Well, if it rings your bell, then congrats to you!

I have never really understood why zip-trippers do what they do, or why it is so exciting, or matters so much...after all, all you have to do is just go somewhere with a laptop and an Internet Card and just do it.

Point being, it does not require any other person to do anything...to rack up those stats. So I've never really understood it...but, again, if it rings your bell, then congrats to you for your seventh zip.

NOTE: so far, all my entries are from 18353 - Saylorsburg, PA (Monroe)

I doubt I'll bother with entering anything when I'm on my Florida trip, I'll be bringing a bundle of already-stamped and entered bills along when I leave PA.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 am

Well, I am not much of a Zip Tripper. I'm not totting the laptop to every concievable Zip around me. I simply try to reserve whatever bills I can to enter in the new zip.

I try to circulate my bills through my wallet in a first-in-first-out method -- the ones that have been in there the longest get spent first. So, I have a bill or two leftover from my overnight stay that made the 90 mile trip back with me.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:55 pm

dctim wrote:Well, I am not much of a Zip Tripper. I'm not totting the laptop to every concievable Zip around me. I simply try to reserve whatever bills I can to enter in the new zip.

I try to circulate my bills through my wallet in a first-in-first-out method -- the ones that have been in there the longest get spent first. So, I have a bill or two leftover from my overnight stay that made the 90 mile trip back with me.

I don't Zip Trip at all. Unless I happen to run out while away from home, then I might, but it would be just because I had to enter more bills, not because I was trying to get a different zip.

I don't understand the fascination some folks have with Zip Tripping, because, like I said...it takes no other person to rack up those stats...no one has to hit the bills or anything. All you have to do is plug in your wireless internet card and go.

As for me...I enter and marks a HUGE amount at one time...and then spend them....then get another huge batch...usually 500 or so at a time (I enter bills on more than one site)

I find that this actually helps be to be conscious of what I am spending. I can know how long it took me to spend my batch, and know if I am spending too much...because I literally do not spend anything other than marked ones, unless I am in a situation where it just can't be helped, and I have to spend something other than marked ones...on rare occasions, a 20 or a ten...more frequently, a credit card - but I NEVER spend unmarked ones. there oughta be a law against that...it's SACRILEGE to not mark a one before spending it!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down